Moderator Control Panel ]

Ireland Curragh Camp.. Help please..

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Ireland Curragh Camp.. Help please..

Postby shazie » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:13 am

Please please can someone help me, i am struggling trying to find a brith record for a distant relative. His name is Sydney Perry, he was born in 1883 at Ireland Curragh Camp, i have searched with no luck to try and find his birth records, can any one point me in the right direction.

I am unsure which regiment his father was serving with at the time of his birth, but i do know he was born over there. Will be so greatful if someone can help me, it is really bugging me i can't find any details about his birth.

Thank you in advance..
shazie

RE: Ireland Curragh Camp.. Help please..

Postby eurogordi » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:03 am

Irish registration was phased in between 1845 and 1863, and all registers are held by the Office of the Registrar General. Nearly three years ago I ordered the birth certificate for my late mother's cousin who was also born at Curragh Camp. I was amazed at how simple the process was compared to the UK system! Visit [link=http://www.groireland.ie]www.groireland.ie[/link] to download an application form and then send it with your payment (there is also a card option) to the address shown. The current cost is 10 Euros. My certificate arrived within a week - and that included postal time to and from Ireland.
eurogordi

Return to General research queries