Moderator Control Panel ]

Nicola Morris (Irish ancestors)

Quiz genealogists, authors and staff from leading family history organisations in our weekly web chats. Post your questions in advance, or hop on each Friday afternoon to join the conversation live

Re: Nicola Morris

Postby pollux83 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:07 pm

Thanks Nicola for your suggestions regarding my Cavan ancestors. There is a James Campbell listed in the Tithe Aplotment Book for Annagh, and this may be my ancestor as 'my' James Campbell does appear to have been a farmer. But the others seems to have trades like saddlemakers and the like, and presumably won't be in the Book.

You suggestions are appreciated anyway! Is there any way to confirm (at a distance) whether records for Annagh are more likely to be in Dublin or at PRONI?
pollux83

Postby Felicity » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:08 pm

Thank you again Nicola. You have been most helpful. I hope to see you again on another tv series of wdytya.
Felicity
Felicity

Postby mpcrumbly » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:16 pm

Thanks for the help with my query. I will try your suggestions about the Revision books and the parish registers. Margaret
mpcrumbly

Postby Larie » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:15 pm

Hi Nicola, I am having trouble pinpointing where in County Fermanagh my g-g-grandfather (John McGuire) was born. I know he was born 2/16/1810 to Thomas and Elizabeth McGuire, and that he married Catherine McDonnell (or McDonald) somewhere in Ireland. They had a son, Thomas DOB-3/1849, who was also born in Ireland and died in the United States. John came to the United States in approximatley 1849. He is in the U.S. census in 1850 living in Summit County Ohio. John's obituary says he came to the U.S. in 1849 with his brother Thomas. In 1850 his son Thomas, his sister Mary (1830-4/14/1881), his brothers James(12/22/1822-11/11/1887) and Thomas (1823-2/23/1893), and mother Elizabeth , and his wife Catherine (1822-2/4/1904) were in Ohio in the U.S. Only John was married in Ireland, the other sibling were married in the U.S. John died 4/19/1888 In Ohio. I have not been able to locate any records in the U.S. that show the city, parish, etc. where the family originated. I have a possible immigration record that shows Betty, Mary, Catherine, Thomas, and Catherine came to the U.S. 10/10/1850 on the Ellen Maria, but nothing for John. All U.S. records only show County Fermanagh as their county of origin. I have searched marriage and birth records that are online for County Fermanagh, but have not been successful. Do you have any suggestions on how I should proceed to narrow down the parish in Fermanagh? The family was Roman Catholic. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Larie

Postby Panda53 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:36 am

Hi Nicola
Concerning my Great Great Grandmother Anna Maria Brown.
According to family lore she was born around 1831 to English parents in Ireland. Apparently her father Henry Webb was the Agent General to Dublin.
Later she emmigrated to Australia and married William Laurence Webb in South Australia in 1858.
She died date unknown before 1870 but after 1866. Her brother, Henry E. Brown, Coach builder, care of D, S. P. Co, 95, Middle Abbey-street, Dublin, Ireland, posted a request to contact in a local paper (Bunyip South Australia) in 1874.
I am just wonder how I can find more information about when and where she was born and then possible her parents and any siblings.
Thank you
Amanda
Queensland Australia
Panda53

Re: Nicola Morris (Irish ancestors)

Postby redjeepie » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:28 pm

hi I been trying to work on family history through familysearch through my grandmother on my father side someone connected all the way to king Heytir gorrsson of kvenland 425-499 could this be right also having no luck finding connection anywhere with my grandfather Howard O'Neil born 1890 in New Brunswick, Canada my grandmother came to the US in 1922 Mary O'Neil (Mary Mclaughlin) but I can not find any records for him death, were he is buried or were he is buried or his parents I have been stoned when it comes to him "HELP"!!!!
redjeepie

Re: Nicola Morris (Irish ancestors)

Postby victoriasimpson85 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:43 pm

Hello Nicola

I am trying to find my Irish ancestors,

I know my great-grandmother was Irish Emily Plaskett but have found no record of marrage to Henry Andrews or birth, death or census records.

How is the best way to look for Emily plaskett.

thank you for your time

vicky
victoriasimpson85

Previous

Return to Live web chats