Moderator Control Panel ]

Need Help

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

Need Help

Postby FrankMiller » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:32 am

Basically I have no clue of who I am. I don't know or know anything about my birth farther, my mothers dad was abandon at 5 years old. He says we are Comanche but he says that because a random guy at some festival said he knew my grandpas parents and that my grandpa was Comanche. Any help or tips?

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
FrankMiller

Re: Need Help

Postby johnf04 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:35 am

What country are you in? Once this is known, you can be helped to get your birth certificate, which would be the place for you to start.
johnf04

Postby Sylcec » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:18 am

Looks to me as if you are claiming native American ancestry Frank. You will need to identify and get hold of relevant birth, death and marriage certificates, though I appreciate that some of the births may have been outside of marriage.

The USA census is now available on line up to 1940, so you need also to identify and trace your family roots back through the census.

Most of the regulars on this forum are involved in British research, but we will be happy to try and help you if you provide some detailed information - need to include names, dates (as far as known), place - State, City/Town, etc. I also suggest that rather than posting this sort of query in 'chat' that you repost it in Research Help: "General Research Queries".
Sylvia
Sylcec

Postby FrankMiller » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:24 am

I've never used a program like this so wasn't sure where to post, this is all the info I have. My grandpa Robert Parker is son to Elbert Jenkins Parker

Elbert Jenkins Parker was born 1927 Oklahoma and died 1994 Bowie Co. Texas.

Elbert Jenkins Parke was a son of Bruney Felton Parker. Bruney Felton Parker was enumerated on certain later censuses as Benjamin Franklin Parker(?) which may have been just a transcription error. Bruney was born 1895 Georgia and died 1952 Maud, Bowie County, Texas. Bruney Parker’s wife was Annice Mae neeCarlile Parker who survived him at his death. Their children included James Lamar, Louis Gene, Elbert Jenkins above, William Parker, and perhaps others. Bruney and his family lived in Georgia, then Texas and Oklahoma.

Bruney Parker's father was Louis Calvin Parker who was born 1869 Georgia. Louis Calvin Parker’s wife was Julia Mary Jane nee Wilbanks. Their children included Manda/Amanda, Fanny, Lucy, Bruney above, Looney/Lonny Thompson, Lewis, Bean/Deam?, and others. The family lived most of their lives in Banks Co., Georgia.

Louis Calvin Parker's father was William Parker who was born 1835 Georgia. William Parker’s wife was Mandy/Amanda nee Chitwood Parker. Their children included Mary, Josephina, Lodena, Louis C. above, Richard, Jonah, William C. and others. The family lived most of their lives in Banks County, Georgia.

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
FrankMiller

Return to Genealogy chat