Moderator Control Panel ]

Textile industry in Rochdale in the 1800s

Showcase your research and chat about the latest issues within the field of local history

Textile industry in Rochdale in the 1800s

Postby jon » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:17 pm

I have recently started to research my family history who were involved in the textile industry in Rochdale in the 1800s . If any one can suggest any existing research on the history of the textile industry in Rochdale in the 1800s i would appreciate it .
jon

Re: Textile industry in Rochdale in the 1800s

Postby GJL » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:42 pm

I would take a look at the following site:

http://www.spinningtheweb.org.uk/

Cheers,

GJL
GJL

Postby jitenrajput9 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:29 am

Hi Jon,

I have a recent research on textile industry but not on Rochdale, I have my research on textile industry in india. But after my research on this subject I am pitty sure about that previously the textile industry added the great value for the process of the country and individuals.
jitenrajput9

Postby maliha3492 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:07 pm

more information about textile history ,i just know that the textile industry starts after the invention of wheel ,is it true ,can anyone tell me more about this .....????
maliha
maliha3492

Postby jimmyforsyth » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:01 am

n the city centre, Manchester’s manufacturing and merchant heritage may not be obvious, but its traces are all around you. Many ornate buildings, now converted to living apartments, were built as “warehouses” – often, in fact, opulent showrooms – for the textile trade. The Royal Exchange Theatre and Corn Exchange Shopping Centre housed the region’s main trading floors for cotton and corn, respectively. The massive brick rectangle of the Great Northern leisure complex was the docking and transhipment centre which tied the city’s road, rail and canal networks together in the late nineteenth century. The striking water feature beside the 1996 Bridgewater Hall was developed from an underground freight canal of the 1830s. And the Radisson Edwardian Hotel retains the frontage of the Free Trade Hall, the icon of manufacturing-minded Victorian Liberalism – and the site of the Peterloo Massacre of 1819.

best seo company in india
jimmyforsyth

Return to Local history