Moderator Control Panel ]

Forum Guidelines

If you're having trouble viewing the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum on your computer, tell us here

Forum Guidelines

Postby ColinB » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:02 am

I think I saw something recently about plans to display some guidelines about using the forum and how to post a query . There does seem to have been an increase in ne w members posting queries with virtually no information , no dates , places etc , and expecting us to do all the work of tracing the individuals before we can even begin to address their query. I for one would really welcome the idea of guidlines as I am getting a little tired of having to point out that I am not psychic !

Colin
ColinB

Re: Forum Guidelines

Postby ksouthall » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:24 pm

I agree with Colin. It also appears that some people post queries without doing any research themselves first.
ksouthall

Postby ritah » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:39 pm

I completely agree. I am unable to spend the time I used to on the forum but when I am able to come back to it I notice that often the type of query is very vague. Perhaps those who use social networks expect instant answers but as we know that isn't possible.

Regards to all

Rita
ritah

Postby ColinB » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:43 am

I think you are right about the instant answers , Ritah. I've just had a PM from another regular on the same subject. Perhaps some action will be taken soon.

Colin
ColinB

Postby Jon Bauckham » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:32 am

Hi Colin,

I actually wrote up some forum rules and a 'getting started' guide last week, but I've just had some trouble 'stickying' them to our homepage. I hope to have them online over the next couple of days.

Regards,
Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Postby Jon Bauckham » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:49 am

Hello,

Community guidelines can now be found along with a step-by-step guide to posting here.

Best,
Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Postby ColinB » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:52 am

Thanks very much for this Jon. I'm sure it will help.

Regards

Colin
ColinB

Postby ritah » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:41 pm

Hello Jon

This all looks very user friendly, let's keep our fingers crossed!

Regards Rita
ritah

Return to Technical help