Moderator Control Panel ]

Parish Registers Online. . .no Durham Records Online?

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Parish Registers Online. . .no Durham Records Online?

Postby Dr Mauri » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:34 pm

Well, I was going to add the URL for a Durham resource that I felt was worth adding to the list of sites with Parish Registers Online, but adding the URL is apparently "too spamy for a new user" and I was told to "remove off-site URLs." You can find it by googling Durham Records Online

The site contains millions of parish, census, marriage bonds, cemetery, etc. records from the old County Durham and they are moving out into the surrounding counties. The site is easy to use - they keep a record of all your old "finds" (even for the almost 10 years I have been using the site) and the pay-per-view charge is very reasonable with no subscription surcharge. I applaud the accurate transcriptions and the breadth and depth of coverage and recommend this site to anyone searching for Durham ancestors.

Dr.Mauri
Las Vegas, NV
Dr Mauri

Re: Parish Registers Online. . .no Durham Records Online?

Postby Editor » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:09 am

Thanks for this Dr Mauri. The link is here: http://www.durhamrecordsonline.com/Pari ... kiecheck=1

I'm sorry I didn't include this in the list. I tend to point people to the Bishops' Transcripts and marriage bonds on Familysearch.org for Durham, but at the moment they are just browsable, not searchable, so your suggestion looks great. I'm going to spend a bit of time having a browse.

They charge £3 for a post 1837 marriage entry which is considerably less than a marriage certificate so definitely worth considering if you need to order a marriage cert from that area. It's also free to search.

I'll definitely remember this site in future.

Sarah, Editor
Editor
Site Admin

Return to Magazine chat