Moderator Control Panel ]

Zinio Subscription

If you're having trouble viewing the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum on your computer, tell us here

Zinio Subscription

Postby goldcoastwestie » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:55 am

Hi

I am new to the site and the forum.

I live in Australia and they are a bit behind with the editions of the magazine, so I have subscribed to Zinio, I received the first edition December 2013 all good, I have had notification that the latest Christmas edition is available for download, which I have attempted to download but it is stuck at 33%.
Does anyone else use Zinio and are you having any problems?

Thanks
goldcoastwestie

Re: Zinio Subscription

Postby Editor » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:21 am

There shouldn't be a problem with the Zinio edition. I haven't heard from anyone else. I'll get in touch with Zinio from my end but you can also email them through their help page (scroll down to the bottom of the help page to find the link). I'll post something here if there has been a problem. I'm sure we can fix it.

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Postby Editor » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:24 am

I spoke too soon. I've just heard from another reader who is having trouble with Zinio. We're on the case and I'll post on here when it's fixed.

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Postby goldcoastwestie » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:25 pm

Editor wrote:I spoke too soon. I've just heard from another reader who is having trouble with Zinio. We're on the case and I'll post on here when it's fixed.

Sarah

Hi Sarah

Many thanks

Karen :-)
goldcoastwestie

Postby vnolan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:06 am

Hi I just tried to download the same magazine via Zinio as Goldcoastwestie and yep it is stuck at 33%. Very frustrating!

Will have to contact Zinio.
VNolan

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
vnolan

Postby goldcoastwestie » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:05 am

I contacted Zinio and their response was (last Friday)

There seems to be a problem with the source file. We have reported it and our production team is working on it. Resolution usually takes 24 to 48 hours. We suggest you delete and re-download the publication locally on your device.

So I have left it all weekend in the hope that it would be rectified but attempted to download this morning and still the same, so I contacted them again and the response was (again)

Thank you for writing back.
I apologize for the inconvenience you are facing
As mentioned earlier this issue has been reported to our production team and are still working to get this fixed.
I request you to email us back if this issue still persists after 24-48 hours
We sincerely thank you for your patience

Waiting for them to fix.....very frustrating!
goldcoastwestie

Postby sdelay » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:04 pm

Hi I have exactly the same problem right down to the same percentage that the download is stuck on.

I contacted Zinio last week and got the identical message about it being resolved within 24-48 hours. That was sent on Wednesday, US time, so they are well past their deadline with no further communication.

All very disappointing as Zinio is actually a fairly robust app in my experience - better than several standalone magazines that work via the iPad Newstand.
sdelay

Postby goldcoastwestie » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:33 am

I have contacted them again and nothing....customer service, what customer service?

Very frustrated and unhappy, shame as I am new to the WDYTYA magazine and I think it is great, shame Zinio cannot pull their finger out and get it sorted.....maybe WDYTYA techie people could get involved to assist them with sorting it out???
goldcoastwestie

Postby sdelay » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:46 pm

Good news! I successfully downloaded the issue today. It took almost two weeks but the problem seems to be solved.

You'll need to delete the existing issue (press edit on the Zinio screen within iPad to reveal that option) and then select restore from the edit option and it should work.

Pity their customer service was not a bit more speedy.
sdelay

Return to Technical help