Moderator Control Panel ]

Opening attachments

If you're having trouble viewing the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum on your computer, tell us here

Opening attachments

Postby clarksclerks » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:02 am

I've just logged on after a short absence and while I like the new appearance of the forum I'm finding that I can't access any on the images that people have posted. I get the title and jpg extension, but when I click on it nothing happens. It makes looking at the photo section a bit pointless!
clarksclerks

Re: Opening attachments

Postby ColinB » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:46 am

I can't open anything either , not in IE 9 nor Firefox. I also noticed that the Home page seems to have disappeared from the website. Hopefully these are temporary glitches .

Colin
ColinB

Postby KayFarndon » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:49 am

I have not tried to open any attachments and I know the site is 'new' but I should like to record that I do not like it one bit and wonder why there was the need for change?
KayFarndon

Postby callbrian » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:29 pm

Hi
Certainly seems to be a problem, I tried a right click and 'show picture', that doesn't seem to work either. :?
Brian
[color=#0000FF]callbrian[/color]
callbrian

Postby Jon Bauckham » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:08 pm

Fixed! Really sorry for the inconvenience, folks.

Kay - I'm sorry to hear that you don't like the new look. We re-designed the forum (as well as the main site) to reflect the style of the print edition as well as our new forum app.

As it's been a good four years since the last re-skin, a lot of elements found on most magazine websites were missing altogether (e.g. social media links).

Feel free to share any other comments/technical queries on here or by email (address in my signature).

Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Postby KayFarndon » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:28 am

In the past I have had several problems with the site which I have reported to you Jon. The annoying thing is that recently these seem to have been resolved ie: I do not get logged off any more when I back track and am automatically logged on each time, which never seemed to happen. So I think that it is a great shame that the redeveloped site is now giving problems in other areas.
I also find it too bright/stark and not easy on the eye. I expect I shall eventually get used to it, but it may take a while.
KayFarndon

Return to Technical help