Moderator Control Panel ]

mills family search

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

mills family search

Postby rainbowchimp » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:05 pm

THERE IS A STORY IN MY FAMILY THA T MY GREAT UNCLE MARRIED THE SISTER OF FAMOUS BOXER/ACTOR FREDDIE MILLS ...NOW WHEN I RESEARCHED MY GREAT UNCLES MARRIAGE DETAILS HE DID INDEED MARRY SOMEONE WITH THE SURNAME MILLS....... I HAVE GOOGLED FREDDIE MILLS HE WAS ONE OF 4 CHILDREN AND FOUND OUT HIS PARENTS NAMES, BUT I CAN'T FIND OUT THE NAMES OF HIS SIBLINGS AND WHETHER OR NOT ANY WAS A SISTER,SO I CAN COMPARE DETAILS, BUT I ALSO CAN'T FIND MY GREAT AUNTS DETAILS TO COMPARE ALSO TO SEE IF PARENT DETAILS MATCH............ SO DOES ANYONE KNOW IF FREDDIE MILLS HAD A SISTER AND WHAT WAS HER NAME??????
rainbowchimp

Re: mills family search

Postby ColinB » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:38 pm

Freddie Mills parents were Thomas James Mills , a totter or dealer , and Lottie Hilda Gray who married in 1907 in Christchurch , Hants. Frederick Percival Mills reg. 1919 Christchurch , mother Gray.

1911 census

Thomas Mills b 1875 Battersea dealer
Lottie wife
James son 3
Charlie son 1

address Bournemouth

I can only find one Mills birth with mother Gray between the 1911 census and Freddie Mills birth in 1919 :

Hilda M Mills O-D 1911 Christchurch , Hants 2b 1204

Did your Great Uncle marry a Hilda M Mills ?

Colin
ColinB

Postby rainbowchimp » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:50 am

her name was Ethel Mills, she married great uncle in 1927 his name was James Charles Allen the marriage was registered between April/May/June of that year,he was on the 1911 census registered as being 9 years old, he was the son of James Ralph Allen(born in Plumstead ,Kent)and Jessie Allen nee Saunders, my uncle Jim passed away in 1972 , my mum remembers this clearly as it was around the same time my brother passed away but she can't remember when Auntie Ethel passed, drawing a blank begining to wonder if it was just one of those legends that some families have
rainbowchimp

Postby ksouthall » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:24 pm

If you order a copy of your great aunt and uncle's marriage certificate, that should tell you her father's name and occupation, or what she believed it to be at the time of her marriage. The names of any witnesses might also provide additional clues.
ksouthall

Postby tj12@tonyjuneharris.plus.com » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:30 pm

Are you still looking for information on Freddie Mills as he was my wifes uncle.
tj12@tonyjuneharris.plus.com

Return to General research queries