Moderator Control Panel ]

Automatic Log-off

If you're having trouble viewing the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum on your computer, tell us here

Automatic Log-off

Postby Sylcec » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:59 am

Hi Jon
Today I have experienced being automatically logged off from the forum website for no reason at all. Do you know what's going on?
Sylvia
Sylcec

Re: Automatic Log-off

Postby Sylcec » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:02 am

And it just happened again immediately after going back to the "Board Index". Shall keep fingers crossed for a no repeat, though not confident. S
Sylcec

Postby ColinB » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:05 am

I don't know if this is connected but I had a spell yesterday when I couldn't access the Forum at all. I kept getting an error message that there were too many connections. Perhaps the system is overloaded ?

Colin
ColinB

Postby ColinB » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:08 am

That's weird ! I logged out but was still shown as logged in ??

Colin
ColinB

Postby ritah » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:39 am

I had the same problem for a while yesterday afternoon. I had the message about too many connections for a while then eventually was able to view the home page but couldn't connect to the forum! Eventually everything was ok but frustrating at the time.

Rita
ritah

Postby KayFarndon » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:30 pm

I have had this problem for years, although I have never posted a message on the forum but have contacted the administrators about it.

I found that when I wanted to go back a page and clicked the blue arrow on top left of the screen, I would be logged out. So I decided to go back to the board index and that did the same. I have been automatically logged out no matter what function I have been using, from being half way through typing a message to trying to post something on the forum.

No-one has been able to explain why this happens and I don't want to speak too soon, but it has not happened to me for a while now.
KayFarndon

Postby Sylcec » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:15 pm

Interesting. I have always left myself logged-in, and for as long as I only use the forum, it stays that way (except yesterday). However, I am used to the fact that I do get logged out if I use a different part of the WDYTYA? website. This morning - so far, so good - and fingers crossed it was just a temporary problem.
Sylcec

Postby KayFarndon » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:31 pm

I did speak too soon! Have just been on the forum to check my posts and then clicked on the help with research links and as I was about to post a reply I noticed that I had been logged off!!!!
KayFarndon

Postby ksouthall » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:34 pm

I've been timed out before whilst looking at different websites on other tabs. I use Internet Explorer. I wondered if you got logged out due to not accessing the website which sometimes happens if I'm looking up records.
ksouthall

Postby Jon Bauckham » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:17 am

Very strange. I thought this had been fixed, but clearly something's still not quite right - I'll look into it!

Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Return to Technical help