Moderator Control Panel ]

BANNER DOWN LEFT OF MESSAGES IS IN THE WAY!

If you're having trouble viewing the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum on your computer, tell us here

BANNER DOWN LEFT OF MESSAGES IS IN THE WAY!

Postby MrsO » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:06 pm

Coming onto the website today, hoping to view some of the interesting photographs left by members, I find that the new advertising banner "Save 40% off, click here to subscribe' is right down the middle right of the photograph, blocking proper viewing. There is no way the viewer can move it either. Also, whilst writing why is the clock on your webpage always an hour out? Hope you can resolve!
MrsO

Re: BANNER DOWN LEFT OF MESSAGES IS IN THE WAY!

Postby ritah » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:40 pm

Hello Mrs O

I think we all find these advertising banners annoying but I found out quite by accident that it is possible to view the photo without having the banner in the way. Sign in as if you were going to reply to the post then simply scroll down and the photo is completely visible. I hope this works for you too.

Rita
ritah

Re: BANNER DOWN LEFT OF MESSAGES IS IN THE WAY!

Postby Sylcec » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:30 pm

You can also right click on the image, copy it, then past in your own picture viewing/editing program - which also then allows you to enlarge or edit it to view particular parts of the pic - such as an army cap badge.
Sylcec

Return to Technical help