Moderator Control Panel ]

Annoying Ad

If you're having trouble viewing the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum on your computer, tell us here

Annoying Ad

Postby Sylcec » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:11 pm

Don't know if anyone else has been affected by this, but there is one particular ad which appears either as a banner, or supposedly down the right hand side of a forum page. It is to "Trace your military ancestors". Problem is that its position seems unstable as frequently swings round to appear vertically on the left side of the forum panel, obscuring the top left part of a forum entry pane.
Can you look into this please Jon?
Thanks, Sylvia
Sylcec

Re: Annoying Ad

Postby ColinB » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:55 am

Me too , Sylvia ! It's infuriating .

Colin
ColinB

Postby Jon Bauckham » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:18 am

Hello,

Yes, we're aware of this - it's really frustrating! I spoke to Richie (one of our web managers) about it yesterday afternoon and it's due to a dodgy code supplied by the advertiser. They've gone back to the client and asked them to resend it, so fingers crossed it'll be sorted soon!

Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Postby KayFarndon » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:02 pm

I have just tried to view a photograph from a member and the annoying advert is obliterating a great part of it.
Can I ask whether other user are finding that they are being logged out when they click on a fresh link? I found this happened when I clicked the left hand top arrow to go back a page, but it is now doing it when I click on the forum links. I logged on and viewed my posts, clicked back to the board index to go to active links, only to find that I had to log-in again. I have now logged in a total of three times!
KayFarndon

Postby ColinB » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:37 pm

The advertising through members' photos is a separate problem. If you right click the image and save it , on your desk top for example , you can then view it minus the ads and zoom in if you need to. I haven't had the log in problem you mention - must be rather irritating !

Colin
ColinB

Postby Sylcec » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:15 am

I used to have a similar problem to the one that Kay describes, though didn't get logged out when moving through different sections of the forum, only if I went to a completely different part of the site, such as 'home' or looking at some of the other sections. However, this all seems to have now been resolved for me.
Sylcec

Return to Technical help