Moderator Control Panel ]

Heir Hunters - New Series

From Heir Hunters to Wartime Farm, this is the place to discuss other genealogy and history programmes

Heir Hunters - New Series

Postby ritah » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:17 pm

There is a brand new series of Heir Hunters scheduled to start on Monday 4th March 9.15am BBC1, looking forward to it, Michael Fish turns up later in the week!

Rita
ritah

Re: Heir Hunters - New Series

Postby junkers » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:23 pm

Will they show the whole series this time?.
junkers

Postby ritah » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:34 pm

Hello Junkers

I got this information from next week's Radio Times and unfortunately the episodes are not numbered i.e.1/10 etc so I don't know how long the series is meant to be.

Rita
ritah

Postby Loish711 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:20 pm

Loish711

Postby KayFarndon » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:43 am

I really enjoy this programme for its research and historical content, but why is it on at 9.15 in the morning? Not a time when I want to be sitting watching tv, so why can they not repeat it on BBC2 in an early evening slot? They repeat all the antique type programmes and comedy shows which are years old.
BBC take note please.
KayFarndon

Postby junkers » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:01 pm

I agree on the timings but it is repeated on the BBC i-player and often is repeated at 5pm or so a few years later!. I think it is a very good programme and that people get their money rather than the Government.

Tuesday's episode included Michael Fish which was very good and beats the Findmypast stories. The problem with the last series of Heir Hunters was that it advertised 25 episodes but only 20 were shown and the BBC couldn't tell us when the other five episodes would be shown, they still haven't. The show is now not accurate as the Treasury Solicitors release the estate details on an ad hoc basis and not on Thursday at Midnight but with more information like dates of birth.
junkers

Postby warpo » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:02 am

KayFarndon wrote:I really enjoy this programme for its research and historical content, but why is it on at 9.15 in the morning? Not a time when I want to be sitting watching tv, so why can they not repeat it on BBC2 in an early evening slot? They repeat all the antique type programmes and comedy shows which are years old.
BBC take note please.

BBC iPlayer. Exactly what its for.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using WDYTYA Forum mobile app
warpo

Postby JaneyNZ » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:51 pm

Here in NZ we get this 6 months later than you guys but its prime time viewing often a Saturday night 9pm!

we have yet to get the WDYTYA latest series so I have only seen half of this when I was in the UK last year so awaiting this impatiently!

We also have a program called missing a bit like long lost family which gives a more historical content
JaneyNZ

Return to Other TV and radio programmes