Moderator Control Panel ]

Nellie Matilda Sammons (nee Handscomb)

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

Nellie Matilda Sammons (nee Handscomb)

Postby Fiona55 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:25 pm

My great grandmother Nellie Matilda Handscomb on my maternal grandfather's side was born on 23 September 1869 in Handsworth Birmingham and died on 14 November 1955 in Birmingham. I cannot trace her on the 1891 census. Her mother died before this census and her father got remarried to Charlotte Sammons. According to my aunt she did not get on with her stepmother and probably went into service but my aunt never really asked her. She married Ernest Sammons in 1894 in Plaistow (he was born in West Ham on 18 December 1870 and I also cannot trace him on the 1891 census). Ironically enough Ernest was the brother of Charlotte so although she did not get on with her stepmother she found happiness with her stepmother's brother. Is there any way I can find her on the 1891 census, I would be very grateful for any help.

Fiona55
Fiona55

Re: Nellie Matilda Sammons (nee Handscomb)

Postby ColinB » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi

I haven't found Nellie , but I think I've found Ernest Sammons on the 1891 census on FMP :

Ernest Sammons b 1871 Plaistow sugar refiner's labourer
Henry Sammons b 1874 Plaistow under gardener
Walter Tuffnell boarder

address 79 Howard's Road , West Ham

I haven't been able to find this record on Ancestry.

Colin
ColinB

Return to Genealogy chat