Moderator Control Panel ]

Royal Army Medical Core

Having trouble tracking down a wartime ancestor? Share your queries – and help fellow researchers – here

Royal Army Medical Core

Postby dave192 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:33 pm

I have just managed to find out what service my granddad served in during WW2. On my nans death certificate (1944) he is down as a Corporal in the R.A.M.C, I believe this stands for Royal Army Medical Core. In brackets it says clerk.

Can any tell me what his roll might have been, as far as I know he had no medical knowledge and he never talked about the war.

Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:37 pm

Re: Royal Army Medical Core

Postby junkers » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:42 am

The RAMC was the Royal Army Medical Corps and as he was a clerk he may been dealing with administrative affairs liking a reception officer in the NHS today registering details and which itself was important. He may have been attached to one of the large army hospitals. You can for a fee get details of your father's service from the Ministry of Defence which should show what he did and where which may be relevant.
Posts: 1098
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:59 pm

Return to Military help

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests