Moderator Control Panel ]

Mystery Location and Date

Have you got problems identifying people or buildings in a photograph? Share your photo queries with other users

Mystery Location and Date

Postby Gaill » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:41 pm

My Aunt has this photo amongst her things but it's something of a mystery to us. The family lived in the South Derbyshire/Staffordshire area. Would anyone have any idea when this might have been taken or, indeed, what they might have been doing? The family were miners and shopkeepers so I'm stumped!
Attachments
Mystery_pic.jpg
Mystery_pic.jpg (60.64 KiB) Viewed 3560 times
Gaill

Re: Mystery Location and Date

Postby nuttybongo » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:39 pm

Wish i could see all the photo, Ancestry advert goes right through it. It could be a camp for WW1 where they went to train. Looks familiar to photos i have seen before. Hope this helps. :D
nuttybongo

Postby ColinB » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:02 pm

To view properly right click image > save as ..>then save where you like to view minus ads.

Colin
ColinB

Postby YveeB » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:39 am

It's only a guess but it looks to me like an army photo. The men all look as though they are wearing jodhpur style trousers. That isn't to say that they necessarily rode horses....
I have little knowledge about forces uniform but the army is a possibility. Good luck!
YveeB

Postby g w aldous » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:20 pm

WW1 royal artillery, they are wearing battledress trousers and long puttees. the one wearing a cap in center has a royal artillery cap badge.
g w aldous

Postby Gaill » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:45 pm

Thanks very much for this. Hopefully it will help me to find out a bit more about it.
Gaill

Return to Photo identification