Moderator Control Panel ]

Past Issues

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Past Issues

Postby spall » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:52 pm

Hi

I just phoned to find that past issues, no longer available, he said all 2010 issues are no longer available, but it states on the website that they are, I was looking to get hold of the July 2010 issue.

Thanks

Simon
spall

Re: Past Issues

Postby Matt Elton » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:18 am

Hi Simon,

You're right, the back issues department are out of stock of that issue, but we may have some left in the office. Could you email me at matt.elton[AT]immediatemedia[DOT]com, letting me know your postal address? I'll have a look now and get a copy out to you if we have any left.

All the best,

Matt
Matt Elton

Postby phsvm » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:21 am

As a general comment about getting hold of back issues it's always worth looking on e-bay as there's usually a steady flow of them appearing.
phsvm

Postby ColinB » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:54 pm

Hi Simon,

If Matt draws a blank with a copy from the office I have one you can have . Just PM
me your address if you want it ( best post on here to say you've PMd as my Notifications don't
work since the website went down a while ago ).

Colin
ColinB

Postby Lindsay1 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:23 pm

This won't help the OP but recently I've been buying digital issues online:
http://gb.zinio.com/

Furthest back edition I can see is Oct 2010 so, as I said, no use to OP but may help others looking for recent back copies. To be honest having to phone to order a back issue puts me off whereas the digital copy lets you access instantly while the interest is still there :)

There's no link on here though so I hope this isn't an unoffical source which will now be stopped!
Lindsay1

Postby Matt Elton » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:02 am

Don't worry, Zinio is all above board - they're the people that do our (official) digital copies.
Matt Elton

Postby Daphne » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:06 am

Yes, Ebay is a good source of past issues, and I have been able to find many I needed. However, I am still searching for issues 1,2,4,5 and 48.
Can anyone help please?
Thanks,
Daphne
Daphne

Postby Matt Elton » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:15 am

Hi Daphne,

Issue 48 is still in stock - you can either contact our back issues department on 0844 844 0939 or email me directly in the editorial office at matt.elton[AT]immediatemedia[DOT]co[DOT]uk (replacing the sections in square brackets with the appropriate symbols).

Matt
Matt Elton

Postby Lindsay1 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:44 pm

Don't worry, Zinio is all above board - they're the people that do our (official) digital copies.

That's good news but it's a real shame you don't publicise this more on your website. In fact I can't find any link to this option at all. I only came across it by accident when googling to see if I could get an issue I missed. It's a great service, and the fact that you offer both print and digital versions makes you the most user-friendly genealogy magazine I've found.
Lindsay1

Return to Magazine chat