Moderator Control Panel ]

June Brown (10 August)

Discuss this year's series, featuring celebrities including June Brown, JK Rowling, Sebastian Coe and Alan Carr

Re: June Brown (10 August)

Postby lori_anne71 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:10 pm

Lorna1320 wrote:
lori_anne71 wrote:I was so excited about this episode and it was really worth the wait! :D

I myself am from East End Jewish stock and my great grandfather was a famous Jewish boxer in his day, so I felt I really had a connection with this show more than any other I've watched... a lot of the stuff that was spoken about I had learnt myself through my own research, but when it came to finding out about my great great grandparents who moved over to London from Holland, I've always hit a dead end... I'm hoping to get past that hurdle shortly and actually find out if June Brown and I have a lot more in common with our ancestry! :D

Lori this must have been a great episode for you - with so much connection. Do you think the episode will help you to find out more answers for you? I wonder if your Jewish boxer knew June's boxer? How wonderful to have something in common with a celeb. Good luck - keep in touch in the forum with what you find out.
:)

Thank you, yes it was very interesting, and I keep meaning to get my parents to watch it as I know they'd find it just as fascinating! :)

I don't think the episode gave me any extra information I didn't know, just made it all the more clear to me that I'm going to need to save up some funds in order to persue that part of my family tree! :oops:

And I don't think my great grandfather would have known June's great grandfather as there was about 100 years between them! My great grandfather (Harry Reeve if you want to look him up) was a boxer at the beginning of the 20th Century and fought in WW1 but wounded his leg which pretty much ruined his career and so he turned to drink! :(
He had a famous actress cousin Ada Reeve who wrote a biography and I was able to get hold of an old copy and I found out through that the names of my great great great grandparents who originally came from Holland and were in the theatre, but seeing as Holland's records aren't really complete online, I've hit a brick wall and would probably have to follow in June's footsteps and go over there to do my research! :(
lori_anne71

Previous

Return to Who Do You Think You Are? 2011