Moderator Control Panel ]

Invisible Grandfather

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

Invisible Grandfather

Postby LANCASHIRE LAD » Thu May 19, 2011 1:28 pm

Hi everyone at the sharp end, just want to say thank you for printing my irticle on my invisable grand dad.

Matt i have re-registered using a new email and log in name. thanks for trying to sort out the trouble on the old accont (lancashire boy)

alex (Lancashire Lad)
LANCASHIRE LAD

Re: Invisible Grandfather

Postby JackieC » Fri May 27, 2011 6:12 pm

Hi Alex
Had a quick look for your grandfather Albert Titley on the 1911 census but I couldn't find him. I did find him on the 1901 census with a female Titley (maybe his mother) although her christian name isn't given. They were lodging with a John Adams at High Street, Cleobury Mortimer. Do you have a marriage certificate for your great grandparents? Do you know you Albert's mother's maiden name to check whether Albert's birth may have been registered under her maiden name?
Jackie
Attachments
Albert Titley RG13 piece 2515 folio 36 page 17.jpeg
1901 Census
Albert Titley RG13 piece 2515 folio 36 page 17.jpeg (249.42 KiB) Viewed 2624 times
JackieC

Postby bandit » Sat May 28, 2011 7:36 pm

Hi - acting on just blind instict I too did not find Albert in the 1911 census. So I had a look for births and there is a possible in 1891. There is a lso a possible marriage of parents under the names of John Titley and either Sarah Lewis or Mary Linley in 1890. All of this is in Shrewsbury.

Let me know if any of this is correct

kindest regards

Bandit
bandit

Postby LancashireBoy » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:58 pm

bandit wrote:Hi - acting on just blind instict I too did not find Albert in the 1911 census. So I had a look for births and there is a possible in 1891. There is a lso a possible marriage of parents under the names of John Titley and either Sarah Lewis or Mary Linley in 1890. All of this is in Shrewsbury.

Let me know if any of this is correct

kindest regards

Bandit

no none of it is relevant, I do have Great Granddads death certificate so i know his christian name is George, however i have received a further link from this site on a Martha titley who remarried in 1907 and then again a few years later, but can't find her married to George titley, i think her maiden name was Davis. :?: :cry:
LancashireBoy

Postby LancashireBoy » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:00 pm

JackieC wrote:Hi Alex
Had a quick look for your grandfather Albert Titley on the 1911 census but I couldn't find him. I did find him on the 1901 census with a female Titley (maybe his mother) although her christian name isn't given. They were lodging with a John Adams at High Street, Cleobury Mortimer. Do you have a marriage certificate for your great grandparents? Do you know you Albert's mother's maiden name to check whether Albert's birth may have been registered under her maiden name?
Jackie

I have a copy of that 1901 census, it could be the one because the date fits with alberts dates, but a phantom mom. :ugeek:
LancashireBoy

Postby LancashireBoy » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:22 pm

JackieC wrote:Hi Alex
Jackie

Jackiec

I would love to know how to post images on here, I know i am maybe asking this on the wrong page, but I have to start somewhere. :geek:
LancashireBoy

Return to Genealogy chat