It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:18 am

News News of yourdomain.com

Site map of yourdomain.com » Forum : yourdomain.com

A short text to describe your forum

East London Research

I'm really enjoying the East London Research feature in the current edition. Nice to see London separated out a bit because it is such a large area.

Have really enjoyed seeing all the recommended East London websites. I've been playing with them all for ages. Going to see if I can obtain any info on my Docker relative.

Cheers, FHA
Read more : East London Research | Views : 1150 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Genealogy chat

South Africa

Does anyone have any advice on researching relatives in South Africa? I am hoping to do some research online into my Mother's family and was wondering if there are any good websites to use?
Read more : South Africa | Views : 1930 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General research queries

what my ancestor did in 1841

During my researches I found that my GGgrandfatherwas a Richard Hankinson, his occupation in 1841 was as a fustian cutter and that his wife was also a fustian cutter. They lived in Dyke/Dyche street in Manchester, which happens to be one street away from where Time Team did there dig on Richard Arkwrights first mill in Manchester, it's possible they may have worked in the mill but as I am not sure as to what ...
Read more : what my ancestor did in 1841 | Views : 5317 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Genealogy chat

Lovely Lacock

I swear the BBC uses Lacock for ALL their period dramas as well as Countryfile. It looks lovely though.

http://www.sofiehofmann.com/_files_images/blog_2007_08_21_travel_2007_04_england_05_lacock_01.jpg
Read more : Lovely Lacock | Views : 1669 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Local history

JOHN GANGE

Hi,
I am trying to trace my great grandfather JOHN GANGE. The information I already have found out is:-

*I have his Death Certificate stating that he was 52 when he died, and that he died in Bristol Lunatic Asylum from General Paralysis on May 17th 1913. He entered the asylum on 23 May 1911. His occupation was a Railway Carriage Wheel Oiler of Trinity in Bristol.

*I also have his Marriage Certificate from his ...
Read more : JOHN GANGE | Views : 1627 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General research queries

Cheese's Comeback

Personally, I don't mind some of these 'mucked up travesties'. Some are rather nice - cheddar with chives, chillies and chuntney spring to mind.

I will agree with you about Northumberland sheep's cheese though. Delicious.
Read more : Cheese's Comeback | Views : 1405 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Local history

Thought Provoking!

A friend sent me this by e-mail. I found it quite thought provoking.

They Passed This Way

If you could see your ancestors all standing in a row
Do you think you'd be proud of them or don't you really know?
Some strange discoveries are made in climbing family trees
And some of them do not particularly please!

If you could see your ancestors all standing in a row
There might be some of them ...
Read more : Thought Provoking! | Views : 1417 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Genealogy chat

DONE THE RESEARCH - NOW WHAT?

Hi

So, you've been researching for years and you want to pull it all together and present it in a logical fashion, so the uninitiated will understand it.

I would be interested to know what other family historians have used to convert your research into a 'tree'.

I have an early 'Family Tree Maker' but my problem is that some family members belong to two or more family lines and I end up with the ...
Read more : DONE THE RESEARCH - NOW WHAT? | Views : 4329 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General research queries

My Great Grandfather Miltery Record

Hello
I wounder if anyone can help: I am tring to trace my Great Grandfather war records:
what I know which not alot:
Name: George Henry Gray
Born: abt 1885 in Stourbridge,
he joined the cavalry at the age 17 after leaving school, he fought in: Boar War (Cavalry Driver), Ireland 1901, WWI 1914- 1918 and we know he won medals.
I would like what websites to look on to find the campaigns or any ...
Read more : My Great Grandfather Miltery Record | Views : 2661 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Military help

JOHN HUMPREY BRIDGMAN

Can anyone out there help me please, a friend of mine who like myself is a realtive, i am a true Bridgman but she is realted to the above. he was at one tiem a consular near Barcenlona, I have been told he died in spain, and on his certificates it is said he was born in Peraune in england, can anyone out there help.

I am also looking for any realtives from Mortoanhampstead with ...
Read more : JOHN HUMPREY BRIDGMAN | Views : 1028 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General research queries

Login  •  Register