It is currently Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:52 am

News News of yourdomain.com

Site map of yourdomain.com » Forum : yourdomain.com

A short text to describe your forum

Williamd Charles Smith - Nether Whitacre

Dear All

Can anyone help me find information about my Great Great Grandfather William (Charles) Smith born approx 1853 in Birmingham, Warwickshire, England. He married a lady called Ann (Don’t know maiden name) from Ashton Under Hill I have managed to trace them on Census records and they moved area and they lived as follows:

1881 - 60 Atherstone Road, Over Whitacre
1991 - 13 Wales(?) Lane, Kingswinford
1901 - ...
Read more : Williamd Charles Smith - Nether Whitacre | Views : 1483 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General research queries

War records

According to family stories, my aunt was arrested as a Nazi spy during the war ...imprisoned in Holloway prison ...and had her case reviewed by the House of Lords before being interned in the Isle of Man.

Where can I find records to substantiate all this? Would realy like to find out.
Read more : War records | Views : 6018 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Military help

Please can you date this photo?

Hi, this is my first post here, hope I do it right! I think this photo is of my 2 x great granddad, Andrew Shaw. What I would like to know is a possible date for it so I could tell his age. He was born in 1841 and died in 1908. It's difficult to tell how old he is - could be 20s, 30s or 40s.
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff162/diggerdi/AndrewShawyoungbw.jpg

This other photo is definitely Andrew in ...
Read more : Please can you date this photo? | Views : 1798 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Photo identification

DNA testing and family history

It would have been really interesting to see this tied in with DNA testing to add depth. Alistair McGowan and John Hurt's stories looked liked ideal candidates. From what I read it can tell you a lot about your DNA heritage.
Read more : DNA testing and family history | Views : 1871 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Genealogy chat

WWI Photo - Which regiment?

Attached is a photograph of my great grandfather William Spence taken in 1916. He was born in Cloughfold, Burnley on the 6th November 1877. He moved to Bispham near Blackpool, Lancashire around 1912 and lived with his wife Sarah Elizabeth and father-in-law at 38 Hesketh Avenue. We are trying to identify his regiment from the uniform and believe he served on the Somme. Unfortunately he never discussed the war to his daughter and are now ...
Read more : WWI Photo - Which regiment? | Views : 1392 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Photo identification

issue 2? Still trying to get no.1!

I sent off my subscription details well before issue 1 came out, but STILL haven't received it. On 2nd Oct when I enquired I was told that I'd have it within 7-10 days, but it never came - even with the postal strike that's been a long wait. No.2 arrived yesterday, no problem. It looks like a good magazine, but I'm more than a little fed-up! I fear that no.1 will be unavailable before I ...
Read more : issue 2? Still trying to get no.1! | Views : 3446 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Magazine chat

Bigamous marriages

I have a bigamous marriage in my tree. I need to get a court transcript to find out what went on, but have thus far failed. The marriage took place in 1943 and the court case in 1952 at the Old Bailey. Anyone have any ideas how to get this info, I've tried the court with no response and the London paper for that month again nothing.
Read more : Bigamous marriages | Views : 1406 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General research queries

Issue 2

I picked up Issue 2 today. It was the last one in the shop.
I have had a quick look through and since my OH has relatives from Lincolnshire I had a look at this.
I was disappointed to see that one of the headings said Lancashire and not Lincolnshire. Someone didn't proof read like they should have.
Read more : Issue 2 | Views : 2827 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Magazine chat

ORAL HISTORIES OF BIRMINGHAM

ORAL HISTORIES OF BIRMINGHAM IN THE POST WAR YEARS

I am currently studying for an MA in Spatial Planning at Birmingham City University and I am in the formative stages researching my chosen dissertation subject.

I am particularly interested in the idea of comparing the experiences of those who lived through a period of reconstruction and subsequent modernization in post-war Birmingham with contemporary experiences of the urban environment.

For the ...
Read more : ORAL HISTORIES OF BIRMINGHAM | Views : 1560 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Local history

Revisiting Series 3

With Season 4 finishing its run, we've decided to go back and revisit the stories of Season 3 and see what else our celebrity guests have learnt since we last left them.

Last season's guests were:

Barbara Windsor
Robert Lindsay
Colin Jackson
David Tennant
David Dickinson
Nigella Lawson
Jeremy Irons
Julia Sawalha

What we want to know from you is whether there was anything that peaked your interest about their stories? Any aspect of their ...
Read more : Revisiting Series 3 | Views : 2047 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Who Do You Think You Are? chat

Login  •  Register