It is currently Sun May 31, 2020 3:34 pm

News News of Who Do You Think You Are? 2016

Site map of Who Do You Think You Are? 2016 » Forum : Who Do You Think You Are? 2016

Chat about the 13th edition of the UK genealogy series, which features Sir Ian McKellen, Danny Dyer, Amanda Holden and more

Suggestion for an episode...

Hello there,

I have a suggestion on a celebrity that you could choose to do an episode on (of course, they would have to agree to it). I would personally find it interesting if you researched Benedict Cumberbatch, but this is because of my husband sharing an ancestor with him. This particular ancestor was a tea plantation owner and very wealthy. He had a home built which is now a 5 star hotel. I have ...
Read more : Suggestion for an episode... | Views : 2460 | Replies : 2

Sophie Raworth's episode

Hello everyone,

Who Do You Think You Are? series 13 finally comes to an end at 8pm on Wednesday with an episode starring BBC newsreader Sophie Raworth, who uncovers stories of religious persecution and green-fingered forebears.

Although there's been a lot of stopping and starting, I hope that you have all enjoyed the series as much as we have! Feel free to share your thoughts below.

Best wishes,
Jon
Read more : Sophie Raworth's episode | Views : 2636 | Replies : 4

Sunetra Sarker's episode

Hello everyone,

On Wednesday 22 February the penultimate episode of Who Do You Think You Are? series 13 will be shown on BBC One, featuring Casualty and No Angels star Sunetra Sarker.

Although she considers herself a "proud Scouser", the episode follows Sunetra as she investigates her Bengali heritage, uncovering stories of famous writers, political activists and ordinary people caught up in conflict.

As ever, feel free to share your thoughts on the programme below. ...
Read more : Sunetra Sarker's episode | Views : 2182 | Replies : 2

Warwick Davis's episode

Hello everyone,

After being postponed last week for that, ahem, 'all-important' Leicester v Derby County match, Who Do You Think You Are? finally returns at 8pm tomorrow evening with an episode featuring Warwick Davis.

Travelling from South London to Suffolk via Northampton, the actor's journey uncovers fascinating stories of scandal and showbiz lurking in his family tree.

As ever, feel free to share your thoughts below.

Best,
Jon
Read more : Warwick Davis's episode | Views : 2167 | Replies : 2

Greg Davies's episode

Hello again folks,

Just a quick reminder that Greg Davies's episode of Who Do You Think You Are? will be shown on BBC One at 8pm tonight.

Filmed almost entirely in Wales, the programme delves into the ancestry of Greg's late father, uncovering a family scandal (or two!)

As ever, feel free to share your thoughts below. They may be featured in tomorrow's email newsletter!

Best wishes,
Jon
Read more : Greg Davies's episode | Views : 5293 | Replies : 10

Sir Ian McKellen's episode

Hello everyone,

On Wednesday 25 January, Sir Ian McKellen will receive the famous Who Do You Think You Are? treatment at 8pm on BBC One.

Without giving too much away, the episode follows the actor back home to the North West, where he finds entertainers and a political activist lurking in his family tree.

As ever, feel free to share your thoughts on the story below.

Best wishes,
Jon
Read more : Sir Ian McKellen's episode | Views : 4127 | Replies : 8

WDYTYA? to resume on 25 January

Hello everyone,

After a short break from the TV schedules, the BBC has confirmed that WDYTYA? series 13 will be resuming on 25 January with an episode featuring Sir Ian McKellen.

Moving from Thursdays to a new Wednesday evening slot, each episode will be broadcast at 8pm on BBC One.

The full running order is as follows:

Sir Ian McKellen (Wednesday 25 January)
Greg Davies (Wednesday 1 February)
Warwick Davis (Wednesday 15 February)*
Sunetra Sarker ...
Read more : WDYTYA? to resume on 25 January | Views : 2601 | Replies : 4

Ricky Tomlinson's episode

Hello everyone,

I hope you all enjoyed Ricky Tomlinson's episode this evening! The show now takes a short break for Christmas, but will continue in the New Year (exact dates to be confirmed!)

As ever, please share your thoughts on the episode below.

Best wishes,
Jon
Read more : Ricky Tomlinson's episode | Views : 3786 | Replies : 7

Cheryl's episode

I hope everyone is enjoying the new series so far!

The next episode, due for broadcast on Thursday 15 December (8pm, BBC One), features Cheryl, who seeks to investigate her Geordie roots.

Without giving too much away, the programme follows the pop star as she researches the life of a 19th-century seafaring ancestor, before learning about her great grandfather’s experiences during the First World War.

As ever, please share your thoughts on the episode below. ...
Read more : Cheryl's episode | Views : 6155 | Replies : 12

Poor advice for genealogists given.

Excuse my ignorance, but I forget which of the first three episodes this occured in. During the show, the celebrity was shown an 1841 census return, and the age of his relative was used to estimate his birthdate. No mention was made of the rounding down of ages in this census, which to my mind was completely ignored, and his age was taken as gospel! Surely, some effort should have been made to explain the ...
Read more : Poor advice for genealogists given. | Views : 2262 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 66002 • Total topics 13066 • Total members 6277