It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:27 pm

News News of Technical help

Site map of Technical help » Forum : Technical help

If you're having trouble viewing the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum on your computer, tell us here

Newsletter

Hi guys,

Just a quick note for those of who subscribe to our newsletter, unfortunately we will not be sending it today. This is due to a technical problem which currently means we have no access to our database of email subscribers.

We apologise for the inconvenience and hope to get the newsletter out on Monday.

Thanks,

Rosemary
Read more : Newsletter | Views : 254 | Replies : 0

Is there an update to App pending?

Apple states this App will not work with IOS11.
Are there plans to update the app?

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
Read more : Is there an update to App pending? | Views : 546 | Replies : 10

Advice on receiving reply notifications

Hi everyone,

A forum member got in contact and asked if we could make it easier for people to be notified when they receive replies to their posts. Unfortunately we can't change the programming of the site, but this is a reminder that if you want to be informed as soon as you receive a response, you should make sure to tick the box next to 'Notify me when a reply is posted'. This appears ...
Read more : Advice on receiving reply notifications | Views : 387 | Replies : 2

New Avatar

My Avatar seems to have increased in size and I need to make it smaller but I cannot access my page through the profile settings, it gives an error message of page not found... Any ideas please?
Iain..
Read more : New Avatar | Views : 268 | Replies : 1

Trying to change topic details , help

Hi,
Does anyone know how to edit / change topic details please , I put wrong dates in the title

Thanks

Read more : Trying to change topic details , help | Views : 280 | Replies : 4

Cant change email address!

I am also having trouble with trying to change my email address. I click on the link in User Control Panel and comes up "Page not found". I noticed pforkes also had this problem back in February but has had no replies. I would be interested if the issue was resolved. I have tried in in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer (I noticed that some links do not work in Edge but they will work ...
Read more : Cant change email address! | Views : 506 | Replies : 2

The will of Samuel Bane (1742- 1825) help in translation

I found Samuel's will on Ancestry. Both the language and writing are archaic. I have had a go at translating it but a few words elude me. I wonder if someone with more knowledge could help please?
I apologise -the second half of the will has come up on top of the first.
Read more : The will of Samuel Bane (1742- 1825) help in translation | Views : 454 | Replies : 2

difficulties uploading a document

I am new to the forum. I tried to upload an image of a will and my translation of it, because I wanted help with some words I couldn't read. I eventually managed the image but when I tried to upload the translation document I got a message that the suffix
doc
was not allowed, so, how do you upload a document? thanks
Read more : difficulties uploading a document | Views : 460 | Replies : 6

Are there updates planned for iPad app?

I am running version 3.7.6 on my iPad, and iPad is warning me that the app is getting long in the tooth, and may not work with future IOS updates.
Are there any planned updates for the app in the pipeline?

Read more : Are there updates planned for iPad app? | Views : 226 | Replies : 1

WDYTYA forum app help

Following on from the discussion in another section of the site I was wondering if I have a particularly awkward phone. I used to have the WDYTYA forum app and found i could only answer posts, not start a new thread myself.
I have tried again now installing it today but still have the same problem. I know Adrian38 mentioned a button with 3 dots on it at the bottom of the screen but I ...
Read more : WDYTYA forum app help | Views : 839 | Replies : 11

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, JMcK

Statistics

Total posts 52367 • Total topics 10280 • Total members 30832