It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:05 pm

News News of Magazine chat

Site map of Magazine chat » Forum : Magazine chat

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Big delays following Probate record cost cut to £1.50

In July I was excited to get an email from WDYTYA Magazine with a significant change and a link to the web site: "Government cuts probate record cost to £1.50 for next 12 months"
http://www.whodoyouthinkyouaremagazine.com/news/government-cuts-probate-record-cost-next-12-months?utm_source=Adestra&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=&utm_campaign=Newsletter%2025%2F07%2F19_189480_Who%20Do%20You%20Think%20You%20Are%3F_Newsletters

Even better, when I searched I was advised of a 10 working day turnaround, confirmed in the acknowledgement email. I ordered a few wills.

After 20 working days I sent a chaser, and was told sorry but they were busier ...
Read more : Big delays following Probate record cost cut to £1.50 | Views : 140 | Replies : 1

Back issues digital offer

Received an email with an offer to purchase all back issues digitally for £47.99 through the app but when I install the app the offer is not there??

Sent from my KOB-W09 using Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum mobile app
Read more : Back issues digital offer | Views : 298 | Replies : 4

September 2019 issue

The information on page 12 "2021 Irish census to include 'time capsule' question" states that the UK census will become publically available in January 2022, that is not true as the Scottish Census will become available in June 2021 after the expiry of 100 years and one day.
Read more : September 2019 issue | Views : 120 | Replies : 0

August issue

Am enjoying reading the August issue, was intrigued by the Estate Rental record shown on page 53. Under boons one of the "services" shown appears to be Lusty Boons, whatever were they?
Read more : August issue | Views : 165 | Replies : 2

X mark on certificates doesn't always mean illiterate

I read in the mag recently (I think!) that a mark of X on a certificate doesn't always mean that person was illiterate but now, wanting to give a friend the details it gave, I cannot find it again. I've searched the forum, Googled various combinations of describing it and looked through magazines, but cannot find anything. Just wondered if anyone has the details of where and when it was please!
Read more : X mark on certificates doesn't always mean illiterate | Views : 361 | Replies : 5

Arolsen archives

The archives (page 11 of issue 154) also includes the records of RAF men who were captured and went through Buchenwald concentration camp and Stalag Luft II (Sagan) the scene of 'The Great Escape'. The International Tracing Service was also used by the British Foreign Office to confirm whether individuals had been in the concentration camps and eligible for compensation payments under the UK-Federal Republic of Germany £1million fund that ran from 1964-1966, see the ...
Read more : Arolsen archives | Views : 182 | Replies : 0

July 2019 issue

Regarding the article on records and the Lothian areas of Scotland (page 77 onwards) researchers might like to know that the areas were previously known by other names. Haddingtonshire became East Lothian, Edinburghshire became Midlothian and Linlithgowshire became West Lothian. It is nice to see in the article the correct spelling of Midlothian, not Mid Lothian!.
Read more : July 2019 issue | Views : 534 | Replies : 1

A fond farewell A fond farewell

Hello everyone,

I'm very sorry to say that today will be my last day at Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. After six-and-a-half years on the team, I'm now flying the nest and leaving to pursue new challenges (and all of those clichés!)

Although most of the recent forum duties have been carried out by my excellent colleague, Rosemary Collins, I've thoroughly enjoyed being part of such a passionate and engaged online community. I've ...
Read more : A fond farewell | Views : 2948 | Replies : 10

Tithe Map Article February 2019 Issue Tithe Map Article February 2019 Issue

Just read through the Tithe Map article in the February edition of the magazine. Living in West Yorkshire I went to check out the Leeds area Tithe Maps on what the article refers to has the new West Yorkshire resource, using the link referenced in the article Only to find the link is not active and the site is not yet live.

Just a quick question when articles are compiled are all the website links ...
Read more : Tithe Map Article February 2019 Issue | Views : 923 | Replies : 1

Huguenots

Good day, I read in the October 2018 issue ( in New Zealand)of wdytyr about the Huguenot refugees to England with much interest. Last week I discovered my family may have come from these peoples. In the mag you mention about the QUARTO series.

I would like to know if there is anywhere we can search online for an ancestors name without having to but the cd or book Thank you.

I read the publication ...
Read more : Huguenots | Views : 1241 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 62315 • Total topics 12440 • Total members 6458