It is currently Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:54 pm

News News of Magazine chat

Site map of Magazine chat » Forum : Magazine chat

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Arolsen archives

The archives (page 11 of issue 154) also includes the records of RAF men who were captured and went through Buchenwald concentration camp and Stalag Luft II (Sagan) the scene of 'The Great Escape'. The International Tracing Service was also used by the British Foreign Office to confirm whether individuals had been in the concentration camps and eligible for compensation payments under the UK-Federal Republic of Germany £1million fund that ran from 1964-1966, see the ...
Read more : Arolsen archives | Views : 76 | Replies : 0

July 2019 issue

Regarding the article on records and the Lothian areas of Scotland (page 77 onwards) researchers might like to know that the areas were previously known by other names. Haddingtonshire became East Lothian, Edinburghshire became Midlothian and Linlithgowshire became West Lothian. It is nice to see in the article the correct spelling of Midlothian, not Mid Lothian!.
Read more : July 2019 issue | Views : 383 | Replies : 1

A fond farewell A fond farewell

Hello everyone,

I'm very sorry to say that today will be my last day at Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. After six-and-a-half years on the team, I'm now flying the nest and leaving to pursue new challenges (and all of those clichés!)

Although most of the recent forum duties have been carried out by my excellent colleague, Rosemary Collins, I've thoroughly enjoyed being part of such a passionate and engaged online community. I've ...
Read more : A fond farewell | Views : 2602 | Replies : 10

Tithe Map Article February 2019 Issue Tithe Map Article February 2019 Issue

Just read through the Tithe Map article in the February edition of the magazine. Living in West Yorkshire I went to check out the Leeds area Tithe Maps on what the article refers to has the new West Yorkshire resource, using the link referenced in the article Only to find the link is not active and the site is not yet live.

Just a quick question when articles are compiled are all the website links ...
Read more : Tithe Map Article February 2019 Issue | Views : 788 | Replies : 1

Huguenots

Good day, I read in the October 2018 issue ( in New Zealand)of wdytyr about the Huguenot refugees to England with much interest. Last week I discovered my family may have come from these peoples. In the mag you mention about the QUARTO series.

I would like to know if there is anywhere we can search online for an ancestors name without having to but the cd or book Thank you.

I read the publication ...
Read more : Huguenots | Views : 1114 | Replies : 1

My Family Album

Hello lovely forum users, we have launched a new feature called 'My Family Album' as part of our redesign. It gives readers a chance to share 8 of their favourite family photographs with a short caption for each. If your collection is featured you win a £75 photo voucher to be spent on photo restoration or colourisation. I don't know whether it is because it's a new feature, but we have had a shortage of ...
Read more : My Family Album | Views : 971 | Replies : 2

Who Do You Think You Are Magazine Storage Files

Please can you advise me where I can purchase the Folders (Slip Case Binders )to store a years worth of magazines in?
I have bought them in the past but cannot find them anywhere now?
I did ask Immediate but they didn't have them??

Regards
Alison
Read more : Who Do You Think You Are Magazine Storage Files | Views : 1239 | Replies : 1

Family photos request

Hello, we are launching a new feature in the magazine called 'My Family Album'. We want to give readers the opportunity to share some of their favourite photographs from their family collection. If you want to find out more or would be interested in taking part, then email our art editor Robbie: robbie.bennieimmediate.co.uk. We are looking for 8 to 10 high res photographs with a sentence about each one. Just something short like: "I love ...
Read more : Family photos request | Views : 821 | Replies : 0

Archiving old issues

Has anyone managed to archive a digital issue of the magazine since the new update to the app? I always archive them as soon as I’ve read them, to save space on my device, but this feature is no longer working. I have been in touch with Buy Subscriptions but they told me to use the same method I have always used - ie tap and hold the issue cover for a second and then ...
Read more : Archiving old issues | Views : 1444 | Replies : 2

Free With Amazon Prime

There have been a number of tweets regarding the fact that if you are an Amazon prime member that you get who do you think magazine free??? can you confirm if this is true and how do you go about this.

Thanks

Paul
Read more : Free With Amazon Prime | Views : 1459 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], brunes08, Cleanjeoge, Google [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 61389 • Total topics 12295 • Total members 6419