It is currently Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:12 pm

News News of Magazine chat

Site map of Magazine chat » Forum : Magazine chat

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Who is your family hero?

Hello everyone,

It's Jon Bauckham, Features Editor at WDYTYA? Magazine here. I just wondered whether anyone would be interested in being interviewed for the My Family Hero section of the magazine?

Just in case you're not familiar with the section, it gives readers a chance to wax lyrical about their favourite ancestor and what they have managed to uncover about their lives. The articles are written in-house (usually by myself) based on a short phone ...
Read more : Who is your family hero? | Views : 582 | Replies : 0

Weekly e-newsletter - font colour

May I request that you darken the font colour in the "From the forum" section. On my ipad the light grey colour is hard to read.
Read more : Weekly e-newsletter - font colour | Views : 281 | Replies : 1

Doubled subscription and no notice

I've been a subscriber from the very outset, but my subscription has just been doubled and taken by direct debit without any advance notice to me. That's it. I've had enough and I've cancelled the subscription. I love the magazine, but it's no way to treat longstanding subscribers who helped make the magazine what it is. Such a shame.

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
Read more : Doubled subscription and no notice | Views : 296 | Replies : 1

RootsWeb and Find a Grave

Hello everyone,

Excuse the mass post, but I was hoping to reach out to readers who might be interested in being quoted in a couple of news stories in the next issue of our magazine.

First, as you might have seen, the free RootsWeb website was recently taken down following a security breach. I'm looking to speak to people who used the website for their family history research and have been affected by this loss. ...
Read more : RootsWeb and Find a Grave | Views : 737 | Replies : 2

Immediate Media --- not so immediate ...

Hi All,

I've been trying to contact Immediate Media/ about my WDYTYA magazine subscription. Back in August I set up a new subscription, expecting it to kick in for the December issue when my current subscription ended. I can see the Order online, but it appears to not have been activated, and I know the Direct Debit for this subscription has yet to be used. I've emailed them on the 24th November, and again today, ...
Read more : Immediate Media --- not so immediate ... | Views : 944 | Replies : 10

Index for magazines

I am wondering if the topic of an index for the magazine has been aired recently. I now have about 3 years worth of the magazine and I would love to have an index. Apparently it has been discussed in the past and now I would like to know if it ever happened.
Read more : Index for magazines | Views : 416 | Replies : 3

Family history events

Hi guys,

Just a reminder that we publish a monthly events page with family and local history events around the country. If you're involved in organising an event and would like to see it featured, please email me with the details on about two months before the event takes place!

Read more : Family history events | Views : 1900 | Replies : 0

September Magazine

My September copy of the magazine hasn't arrived yet. Any ideas when it was posted out?
Read more : September Magazine | Views : 919 | Replies : 2

Old magazines looking for a new home

I'm not sure if this is the right forum or permitted, but I have a number of old magazines that need a new home. It seems a shame to put them in the recycling if someone could make use of them. They range from issue 1 to 40 something. There are one or two gaps but I'm still going through the pile.

Free to a new home but they will need to be collected.

Update: ...
Read more : Old magazines looking for a new home | Views : 1071 | Replies : 6

Magazine e-newsletter

Hello forumites, we will be sending out our weekly e-newsletter tomorrow and I would like to ask everyone who uses our forum to also sign up to receive it. It's completely free and, for a limited time, everyone who signs up will also get a free copy of our 2017 parish registers article. ... ter_signup

More importantly, our publisher has said that if we manage to get enough ...
Read more : Magazine e-newsletter | Views : 655 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Rosemary Collins

Total posts 55111 • Total topics 11257 • Total members 31357