It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:08 pm

News News of Who Do You Think You Are? 2011

Site map of Who Do You Think You Are? 2011 » Forum : Who Do You Think You Are? 2011

Discuss this year's series, featuring celebrities including June Brown, JK Rowling, Sebastian Coe and Alan Carr

Robin Gibb - RIP

I was so sorry to learn of the death of Robin Gibb. Although it became apparent some weeks or even months ago that he was seriously ill we all seem to have been lulled into a false sense of security and that despite everything he wa going to be with us for longer.

It reminded me of his appearance in the last series or WDYTYA and how enjoyable his episode was. To get to see ...
Read more : Robin Gibb - RIP | Views : 2401 | Replies : 0

Ashley Judd (23 November - WDYTYA USA)

Although I am not that educated on US celebrities, I did enjoy the show broadcast in the UK yesterday evening featuring Ashley Judd and her Pilgrim Father ancestors who left England in 1620. However, I was somewhat dismayed that she visited Plymouth, Devon instead of my hometown of Southampton, Hampshire.

The Mayflower, and her sister ship Speedwell, sailed from Southampton where there is a memorial located opposite the Royal Pier. A few days later, the ...
Read more : Ashley Judd (23 November - WDYTYA USA) | Views : 1872 | Replies : 0

Tracey Emin (12 October)

Hi everyone,

It's gone hugely quickly, but tonight's episode brings the current series of Who Do You Think You Are? to an end. British artist Tracey Emin's sets out to learn more about her ancestors, uncovering links to London's East End and a travelling community along the way.

Let us know what you think – we'd love to hear from you!

Cheers,

Matt
Read more : Tracey Emin (12 October) | Views : 4420 | Replies : 5

What have you thought of this year's series?

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all well and had a great weekend. With just one episode to go – Tracey Emin, this Wednesday, 12 October – I thought it'd be good to catch up with what you've thought about this year's series. Which episodes have been your favourites? Which haven't worked as well as they could have done? And how do you think the run has compared to previous offerings?

Let us know what you think!

Cheers,

Matt
Read more : What have you thought of this year's series? | Views : 5100 | Replies : 9

WDYTYA series for expat viewers

As a family history enthusiast who currently lives overseas, it is becoming more and more frustrating that we are unable to see the latest series until they are made available later (often after several years) on DVD, and then at considerable cost. Particularly when we receive email updates extolling the virtues of the latest series.

We currently pay the full TV Licence fee, but due to living abroad most of the year, we are unable ...
Read more : WDYTYA series for expat viewers | Views : 1701 | Replies : 0

Len Goodman (5 October)

Hi everyone,

Tonight's episode sees Strictly Come Dancing judge Len Goodman explore his family tree, with links to London's East End and Poland in store along the way. We'll be tuning in at 9pm, so join us once the programme has ended to share your thoughts...

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Matt
Read more : Len Goodman (5 October) | Views : 8019 | Replies : 10

Richard Madeley (28 September)

Hi everyone,

TV presenter Richard Madeley crosses the Atlantic in this evening's episode of Who Do You Think You Are?, tracing his family tree back through more than 400 years of history. But what do you think of his story? Share your thoughts here, and don't forget to check back to the site for an exclusive bonus scene and step-by-step guides to his research.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Matt
Read more : Richard Madeley (28 September) | Views : 3054 | Replies : 3

Robin Gibb (21 September)

Hi there,

Apologies to anyone who's been having trouble accessing the forum over the past 24 hours or so – we've been experiencing some technical problems, but they've hopefully now been fixed.

To more exciting matters, though: what did you all think of Robin Gibb's episode of Who Do You Think You Are? last night? Share your thoughts here...

Matt
Read more : Robin Gibb (21 September) | Views : 3541 | Replies : 4

Alan Carr (14 September)

The comedian and Chatty Man explores the world of genealogy in his own inimitable style in tonight's new episode (9pm on BBC One). But what do you think of his story? Share your thoughts here after the episode has aired – we're looking forward to hearing from you!

Matt
Read more : Alan Carr (14 September) | Views : 14155 | Replies : 19

Emilia Fox (7 September)

The new series continues this Wednesday, 7 September, as Silent Witness star Emilia Fox discovers more about an acting dynasty. Don't forget to check back here after the episode has aired to share your thoughts – we'd love to hear from you!

All the best,

Matt
Read more : Emilia Fox (7 September) | Views : 7015 | Replies : 9

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 61838 • Total topics 12364 • Total members 6431