It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:14 am

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

DONE THE RESEARCH - NOW WHAT?

Hi

So, you've been researching for years and you want to pull it all together and present it in a logical fashion, so the uninitiated will understand it.

I would be interested to know what other family historians have used to convert your research into a 'tree'.

I have an early 'Family Tree Maker' but my problem is that some family members belong to two or more family lines and I end up with the ...
Read more : DONE THE RESEARCH - NOW WHAT? | Views : 3977 | Replies : 11

JOHN HUMPREY BRIDGMAN

Can anyone out there help me please, a friend of mine who like myself is a realtive, i am a true Bridgman but she is realted to the above. he was at one tiem a consular near Barcenlona, I have been told he died in spain, and on his certificates it is said he was born in Peraune in england, can anyone out there help.

I am also looking for any realtives from Mortoanhampstead with ...
Read more : JOHN HUMPREY BRIDGMAN | Views : 914 | Replies : 0

Martha Normansell (nee Jones)

Hi
I am having trouble finding the birth certificate of my husbands grandmother. The story goes that she was born Martha Jones 22/7/1895, fathers name Edward Jones - Bricklayer (stated on her marriage certificate). It seems that her mother died when she was young and she was put into some type of home, possibly run by nuns. At age fourteen she was "fostered" in the Birmingham area by Alice and John Normansell and ended up ...
Read more : Martha Normansell (nee Jones) | Views : 2469 | Replies : 5

Need help with tracing Grandfather

Can anyone help, trying to trace anything on my Grandfather his name was William John Lee who was in the Boar War under Lord Roberts at the age of 15, according to my father he got shot in his arm as he was a bugle boy and Lord Roberts had the best surgeons of the day save his arm. He was also in the 1st and 2nd World Wars as a cook.
He Was married ...
Read more : Need help with tracing Grandfather | Views : 1925 | Replies : 5

Lunatic Asylum Records

Dear All

Hopefully, someone can help.

I have been struggling to obtain information in relation to my GGGG Grandfather William Smith b. approx. 1853 Birmingham Warwichshire. I have recently obtained his death certificate which states that he died on 9th April 1922 in a Lunatic Asylum in Hatton.

I am despirate to find out his date of birth in the hope ...
Read more : Lunatic Asylum Records | Views : 6990 | Replies : 13

Where do I start?

I am trying to trace some details about a gt uncle`s wife, and find that she was born in Malta, any ideas of where to start trying to find her?

The only information I have so far, is that she married in Kilkenny Ireland to George Nelson Grant, her name was Mary Jane McCarthy or McGuinness, this alone leaves me puzzled, just who is her father and how can I find out?
I have tried ...
Read more : Where do I start? | Views : 970 | Replies : 0

Effingham Deans

I have an ancestor called Effingham Deans, born 1774 in Knockando parish, Morayshire, Scotland, son of William Deans. The only instance of the name Effingham I had come across before was Lord Howard of Effingham, Admiral in charge of Elizabeth 1's navy at the time of the Armada, but was puzzled as to any connection between an Elizabethan admiral and someone born in rural Scotland two centuries later. I have recently discovered that a local ...
Read more : Effingham Deans | Views : 3278 | Replies : 4

Isaac family from Carmarthenshire

Hi
I'm having trouble finding my Great Grandfather David John Isaac, he keeps changing his mind where he was born.
he got married to Ann James in Eston Middlesborough in 1877 aged 20 years, his wife was aged 16 years and born in Ystalfera,glam. On the 1901 census he said he was born in Brynnamman Carmarthenshire and that he was 45years, which makes him born around 1856, in the 1891 census he says he was ...
Read more : Isaac family from Carmarthenshire | Views : 1478 | Replies : 2

Looking for Hazelwood maternity hospital

I am looking for a Hazelwood maternity hospital….
My mother in law was born there, it states in her birth certificate she was born in Hazelwood Maternity Hospital 1920 and her birth was registered in Govan Glasgow.
I haven’t been able to find a Hazelwood maternity hospital in Glasgow I was wondering if anyone else had heard of one in the year 1920...
Her mother was a single unmarried mother and she could have ...
Read more : Looking for Hazelwood maternity hospital | Views : 1442 | Replies : 1

TEETH

Could anyone enlighten me as to what it meant if you died of TEETH. I have the parish burial records for Sculcoates in Hull for 1792 - 1812 and alot of people died (mainly children) of teeth.
Read more : TEETH | Views : 2189 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 63732 • Total topics 12685 • Total members 6093