It is currently Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:16 pm

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

William & Emma Heath (nee Harvey) 1828

Help please - seeking information on William & Emma Heath (nee Harvey) married 1828. Emma was born in Dursley Gloucestershire.
Read more : William & Emma Heath (nee Harvey) 1828 | Views : 1523 | Replies : 2

Wilhelmina Martha Lutze

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me.

I am attempting to trace details of my paternal grandmother Wilhelmina Martha Lucy Clarke (nee Hobbs).

Anecdotal evidence from my father seems to indicate that she never had a birth certificate. She always stated that her date of birth was the 11th August 1902 and that she was born in Kings Cross. Her parents were William George Henry Hobbs b 1866 in Paddington and Esther Hobbs (nee ...
Read more : Wilhelmina Martha Lutze | Views : 1253 | Replies : 1

AGNES RUSSELL

hello.first am new to this site.so a warm greeting to every-one.will try not to be too long winded.
nathaniel russell was born in 1830. york. went on to marry
agnes musgrave born 1833,leeds.
they married in york 1850.
every-thing is fine till i hit the 1871 census.
nathaniel russell is living at 8 milners yard .york.
says married.
where as agnes got to.?
in 1881 agnes is found .
at the leeds union infirmary beckett ...
Read more : AGNES RUSSELL | Views : 4745 | Replies : 10

German records

Does anyone know how I can contact the records office for the Frankfurt am Maine area?
Read more : German records | Views : 1114 | Replies : 3

William Corry MD

One of my great-grandfathers was William Corry. He was born in County Tyrone in about 1850. He was a surgeon and was in London about 1888-1889, before emigrating to Australia. Does anyone have any more information on him? Or, does anyone know how to find out about doctors? What, or if, they were working in a hospital.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Chris.
Read more : William Corry MD | Views : 2169 | Replies : 4

Records searching & family history scrapbook kit

Hi everyone,
I am new to the site and was wondering if anyone had come across a scrapbooking kit geared towards family history/genealogy? My reason for asking is that I have resently reunited with my cousin who was given up for adoption and I want to make her a special book of memories in photos of family members and our family history.
Also I do volunteer transcribing of birth, marriage, and death indexes for internet ...
Read more : Records searching & family history scrapbook kit | Views : 1134 | Replies : 2

training ships

I have been told that my Grandad was found on the streets of Carlisle aged 11 years and taken to a training ship in Sunderland, this would have been in 1909. I cannot find any training ships in Sunderland does anyone know of where he might have been sent. Also he joined the army aged 14 which seems strange as I understand training ships were used to train boys up for the Navy. Any suggestions ...
Read more : training ships | Views : 2031 | Replies : 4

Ellen Mattravers

I am trying to locate my Grandma, Ellen Mattravers' birth. She would have been born in 1884 somewhere in Yorkshire, daughter of Ellen and William Mattravers. I have tried the variants (as you can imagine Mattravers could have been spelt various ways) but can't find her so if there is anybody out there who could help I would be most grateful.

Ruth
Read more : Ellen Mattravers | Views : 1030 | Replies : 2

Issue 2 and Issue 4

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of both Issue 2 and Issue 4 with their respective CDs? I Have tried the back issue dept and even looked on Ebay? Thanx!
Read more : Issue 2 and Issue 4 | Views : 1399 | Replies : 2

George Parker

Any information on George Parker (b.1934 possible Macclesfield)?
His father was Herebert Ivor Parker (b. 1894) and his mother was Ruth Wardle Parker (nee Rutter - 1903-1953).
He was in the forces in the fifties, but that's as much as we know.
Thanks - Julie
Read more : George Parker | Views : 1042 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 64726 • Total topics 12844 • Total members 6063