It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:24 pm

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Missing relative

Hi i am wondering if any of you can help me. I am trying to find out what happened to my grandfathers sister. All I have been told by my aunts is that she disapeared after my great grandfather died possibly around the early to late 1930's. Her name is Helen Hunter and she is the daughter of John Hunter and Mary Jane Slimmon McMurdo. My grandfather is called Maxwell Heslop hunter and they had ...
Read more : Missing relative | Views : 1885 | Replies : 2

Poor retrievals from searches

I am so frustrated by name searches on most sites. If for example I enter a family name of Joe Bloggs with a birth date of 1923, why do I get hits of Joe or possibly a different given name with births of 1834 for example. Why when you enter the name of Joe Bloggs do you get a page of Joe Bloggs's then more pages of different given names, then a few more ...
Read more : Poor retrievals from searches | Views : 4087 | Replies : 10

Back Issue - Barbara Windsor

Hello,
Just subscribed to the magazine and thoroughly enjoying my first issue with Colin Jackson on cover. Noticed that a back issue has the story of a policeman murdered on duty - Barbara Windsor is on the cover. Just wondering if anyone has this issue and would be kind enough to tell me the name of the murdered policeman - bit of a wild card but could have a family interest in the story.
Many ...
Read more : Back Issue - Barbara Windsor | Views : 2507 | Replies : 4

Sydney Cubbidge

I am trying to find anyone who is researching this individual or his family. I have photos and some other things that i would be happy to share. He died Jan 11th 1933 aged 56yrs. He was engaged to be married to a florence Turner (my relation) but died before they married. Please contact me if you are connected.
Read more : Sydney Cubbidge | Views : 868 | Replies : 0

Blackborough family

I am trying to locate the burial place of Sarah Ann Blackborough. She died 01 Jul 1907, her death cert says she died at Old Barge House Wharf, Southwark. I am at a loss as to finding her. Can anyone help.
Read more : Blackborough family | Views : 1448 | Replies : 2

The amazing disappearing Grandfather!

Help! Have been trying to trace my grandfather for years now. Here's the problem:
I have his death certificate, where he is names WILLIAM HAROLD DAWSON, I also have a copy of his marriage certificate where he uses WILLIAM HAROLD DAWSON. However, he wasn't married to my grandmother, he was married to someone else, who he had 7 children with. My grandmother passed away last year, but the only thing she would tell me about ...
Read more : The amazing disappearing Grandfather! | Views : 2114 | Replies : 4

Family down under.

I've got some family who I've never met, currently living in Australia, and as far as I'm aware the number of generations of that side of my family who have lived over there is a lot.

I'm interested in seeing how far back it goes, when part of my family first moved out there and if I have relatives I don't even know about over there.

Anybody help me with where I can start looking ...
Read more : Family down under. | Views : 1200 | Replies : 2

Tracing Irish Family

Hi all,

Several of my family members are tracing our family tree, which has so far uncovered that all my family lived and died in England. Recently however, my cousin discovered a great uncle of mine who she believes to be Irish. She's reached a dead end with him though, i was wondering if the records for Ireland were online so that i might help her out in her search?
Read more : Tracing Irish Family | Views : 1467 | Replies : 4

DID MY GREAT GRANDPARENTS EVER GET MARRIED?

MARY ANN SPARHAM 1854 - 1922
My Great Grandmother was MARY ANN SPARHAM born 28 Apr 1854 in Stow Norton Suffolk. Died 27 Nov 1922 in Bovey Tracey Newton Abbot Devon.
Her mother was also called MARY ANN SPARHAM and she was born on 26 Mar 1831 and christened 10 Jul 1831 in Norton Suffolk. Her parents were JOSEPH SPARHAM & BIDDY (Bridget).
MARY ANN SPARHAM’s Birth Certificate gives her mother's name as MARY ANN ...
Read more : DID MY GREAT GRANDPARENTS EVER GET MARRIED? | Views : 3659 | Replies : 4

Tracing a missing (bastard) child...

Hi All,

I was having a discussion with my Nan at the weekend and she uncovered some surprising and interesting snippets about my family history! Anyway, to cut a long story short, my Great Gran (so my Grandfather's mother) aparently had a child when she was unmarried. I believe that birth certificates have been found for the child, but no other evidence. I need to know how to go about tracing this!

In addition (the ...
Read more : Tracing a missing (bastard) child... | Views : 1662 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 63664 • Total topics 12679 • Total members 6108