It is currently Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:04 am

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Born Lisbon 1814

Hi. I am new to this forum and wondered if anyone had any ideas how I can trace a relative who (according the the 1861 and 1871 census ) was born Abt 1814 in Lisbon Portugal.He is English and it was suggested that his father may have been in the army there in the Peninsular Wars. But at Manchester Records Office I couldn't find his surname or the birth in regimental records or chaplains' birth ...
Read more : Born Lisbon 1814 | Views : 1561 | Replies : 2

Ann Hatton - the right one?

My 2x great grandmother was baptised ANN HATTON at Charlton, near Malmesbury, Wiltshire in the early spring of 1823 so was probably born in the autumn of 1822. She married Henry Lewis in 1845 at Chalton, and is documented in all relevant census until her death some 40 years later.

However, 1841 is proving to be a problem! She would have been aged 18 or 19, and was not living at home with her parents ...
Read more : Ann Hatton - the right one? | Views : 3185 | Replies : 1

Nathaniel Edwards

I am looking for anyone who has an ancestor Nathaniel Edwards, born 1786 in Derbyshire, England. Wifes name Juliana,3 sons, John born 1816, George born 1824, and Charles born 1829. Please answer if you are of his line, he is my great great grandfather.
Read more : Nathaniel Edwards | Views : 998 | Replies : 0

george bridge harbert

Hi All, I am trying to trace my grandfather George Bridge Harbert's life from when he moved to Colfe Mullen, Dorset in the 1940's,could anyone help me by letting me know where to go for the records that I need for this, he was born in 1873 in surrey. I have no information about him after he moved there and would very much like to know what happened to him. hope somebody can give me ...
Read more : george bridge harbert | Views : 942 | Replies : 1

Worsdale family

Anyone searching the WORSDALE family name please?
Read more : Worsdale family | Views : 1025 | Replies : 0

Soldiers & Policemen

Hi
I have two queries
How do I go about finding details of my Uncle who died of injuries received in WWI. I know that had my grandmother not had to go to France to sign consent for him to have an operation, he may well have survived, but gangrene had set in and he died aged 19. I know where he is buried but would be interested in finding more about in what battle ...
Read more : Soldiers & Policemen | Views : 1162 | Replies : 3

JOHN POCOCK /ANN HEMMING

Trying to trace more info about John Pocock who married Ann Hemming on the 25 May 1745 in Frindsbury Kent. John apparently comes from the isle of grain, would dearly like to find out more such as date of birth and any siblings and maybe his parents but am well and truly stuck!
Read more : JOHN POCOCK /ANN HEMMING | Views : 3268 | Replies : 2

Jacobean Movement

Hello, new person on the block here. Can anyone please help with the above topic.? I remember going to see one of my Uncles in Newcastle-upon-Tyne in my early childhood and can picture a very large certificate hanging on one of his walls, but never really knew what it was all about.
Read more : Jacobean Movement | Views : 1088 | Replies : 0

seeking Mary Rosier

Hello,
I am searching for the baptism of my 4x gt grandmother Mary Rosier. She was born about 1793 in Needham Market Suffolk. Mary married John Fairweather on 2 Nov 1813.
I tried a researcher through the Suffolk surnames list without success so am hoping someone can help.
Thanks
Worrals.
Read more : seeking Mary Rosier | Views : 1857 | Replies : 3

Help please: Government Institute Centre, Claydon

Does anyone have any information regarding the above? One of my relatives gave this as his last address before departing for Australia in 1928.

Any information would be welcome. Thanks.

Susie
Read more : Help please: Government Institute Centre, Claydon | Views : 1951 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Registered users: foblacking, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 64171 • Total topics 12754 • Total members 6055