It is currently Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:05 am

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Elizabeth Carter born 1864ish

Hi! I have as a great-grandmother an Elizabeth Carter, born 1863-4 in Oakengates/Ketley Bank, (both the 1891 and 1901 census returns record this township as her birthplace) Shropshire. On her marriage to my great-grandfather Abraham Reeves in Hollinwood in 1884 she told the registrar that her father's name was Thomas Carter and that he was a Coachman.

On looking for her birth registration in the indices I only found one Elizabeth Carter born in the ...
Read more : Elizabeth Carter born 1864ish | Views : 2944 | Replies : 1

William Morgan born 1844

Is there anyone out there who could help me track one of my great-grandfathers down? I have only be able to trace him in the 1891 census when he was living with his 'wife', my great-grandmother, Hannah born Harper married name Hall, and two of their five children, Annie born 1886 in Atherton and William born c. 1889 in Cadishead. Their next child, John, was born in 1892 in Hollinwood and my paternal grandmother, Polly, ...
Read more : William Morgan born 1844 | Views : 1680 | Replies : 0

Thomas Reade

Can someone tell me if there is a connection between Thomas Reade who married Mildred Cecil in 1586 and the Reade family of Faccombe and Linkenholt in Hampshire. I keep coming up with plenty of info but all the dates seem to be at odds with one another and i'm slowly going stir crazy!
Read more : Thomas Reade | Views : 972 | Replies : 0

Dimple Simmons

I am looking for Dimple Simmons (maiden name). We do not know her first name as she is always referred as Dimple. She was living in Eltham (Kent, now East London). I have a few pictures of her and one is from 1923 when she was 17. She must have been related to Hezekiah and Alice Simmons and one of their children (perhaps she is the daughter of one of them). I cannot find the ...
Read more : Dimple Simmons | Views : 1488 | Replies : 2

MARY HANNAH COPELAND/GRANT/?

Seeking any in formatiuon about my gt grandmother born 1850 in Derby MARY HANNAH COPELAND
Sometime either in or after 1881 she disappeared, possibily she and her husband George Nelson Grasnt had separated and each went their own way.

By 1891 George Nelson was living with his "wife" Annie, in London by 1901 they were then in Leicester.However,in 1910 they married in Derby register office, George Nelson stating that he was then a widower, so ...
Read more : MARY HANNAH COPELAND/GRANT/? | Views : 1233 | Replies : 2

GEORGE NELSON GRANT

My gt uncle GEORGE NELSON GRANT was in India for many years as a soldier, he left the army in 1921 but remained in Bombay India,

I would love to find any descendants who are either now in this country or still in India, I have found so far in my research that he had four children (including two sets of twins)
Further research has still to be undertaken when my son goes to the ...
Read more : GEORGE NELSON GRANT | Views : 1225 | Replies : 0

John Hughes Turner, Wharfinger. Help!!

Hi I need some help!

I'm having trouble with John Hughes (Hughs) Turner, who is my 2 x Great grandfather I think, any way I found his marriage to a Harriett Warner 26th May 1830 at St. Dunstans, Stepney, London. This is thanks to the IGI. On the 1841 census he's down as aged 31, married with six children. His occupation is Warehouseman all living Stepney. I then found his death in 1845, the certificate ...
Read more : John Hughes Turner, Wharfinger. Help!! | Views : 1186 | Replies : 1

Born Lisbon 1814

Hi. I am new to this forum and wondered if anyone had any ideas how I can trace a relative who (according the the 1861 and 1871 census ) was born Abt 1814 in Lisbon Portugal.He is English and it was suggested that his father may have been in the army there in the Peninsular Wars. But at Manchester Records Office I couldn't find his surname or the birth in regimental records or chaplains' birth ...
Read more : Born Lisbon 1814 | Views : 1559 | Replies : 2

Ann Hatton - the right one?

My 2x great grandmother was baptised ANN HATTON at Charlton, near Malmesbury, Wiltshire in the early spring of 1823 so was probably born in the autumn of 1822. She married Henry Lewis in 1845 at Chalton, and is documented in all relevant census until her death some 40 years later.

However, 1841 is proving to be a problem! She would have been aged 18 or 19, and was not living at home with her parents ...
Read more : Ann Hatton - the right one? | Views : 3185 | Replies : 1

Nathaniel Edwards

I am looking for anyone who has an ancestor Nathaniel Edwards, born 1786 in Derbyshire, England. Wifes name Juliana,3 sons, John born 1816, George born 1824, and Charles born 1829. Please answer if you are of his line, he is my great great grandfather.
Read more : Nathaniel Edwards | Views : 996 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 64141 • Total topics 12747 • Total members 6058