It is currently Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:00 am

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Royal Flying Corp / Royal Air Force

Based on an old photograph, my great uncle Arthur Stump Lewis served in either the Royal Flying Corps or Royal Air Force during World War I (1914-1918). But despite paying a researcher to check various sources at National Archives, I am no closer finding out anything about his military service and the researcher has come back without any findings.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Gordon
Read more : Royal Flying Corp / Royal Air Force | Views : 1301 | Replies : 3

Weavers and Miners

Most of my Ancestors lived in East Lancashire and they were Cotton Weavers and Coal Miners
Read more : Weavers and Miners | Views : 2893 | Replies : 11

Census 1911

When parts of the 1911 Census are published next year (2009), where are we likely to be able to see them. Has it yet been anounced which web sites will be flogging the long awaited for info?
Read more : Census 1911 | Views : 877 | Replies : 1

John Lampard - Clock and Watchmaker

Hi,
Does anyone know anything about John Lampard, who was a clock and watchmaker. He lived in Mere, Wiltshire in the 1830's but moved to Bruton, Somerset and then Raglan Place, Bristol to continue his work. He died in 1882. I think his son continued to be a clock and watchmaker. I would be grateful for any information, etc.
Thanks
Read more : John Lampard - Clock and Watchmaker | Views : 1217 | Replies : 1

Certificates

Hey guys,

Where is the best (cheapest) place to get copies of birth/death/marriage certificates??

Thank u
Read more : Certificates | Views : 1351 | Replies : 2

Missing Software

I have recently changed my computer and, while I was able to save my family tree data onto a flash drive, I appear to have mislaid the program disk. The program I used was Generations Starter Kit version 8, from Sierra. In the event that I am still unable to find the disk, does anyone know of a program that will be able to read the data.
Read more : Missing Software | Views : 1793 | Replies : 3

how do you obtain a coroners inquest transcript

can anyone helpDuring my reasearch i have found that an ancestor had died from shock due to injuries caused by burns and that there was an inquest. How do i go about getting a transcript of the inquest, the death cert gives the name of the coroner and the county plus the date of the inquest would this plus the deceased's name be sufficient to obtain the transcript. thanks jim stansfield
Read more : how do you obtain a coroners inquest transcript | Views : 2695 | Replies : 3

Family History - Norfolk

Hello All

I have just registered on this website. I have been researching for about 6 months now and most of my family is based around norfolk - family names are Lynn, Howell, Custance, Lown, Loads, Bacon, bullen and many more - if you have any research on this i would appreciate it and i will try to help also.

On top of this i also have family from Newington London - chapman and Honey ...
Read more : Family History - Norfolk | Views : 2066 | Replies : 6

William RICHARDS b.abt1788 Appleby or Scotterthorpe

My paternal line has almost come to a dead stop at the marriage of WILLIAM RICHARDS and ANN RATTON in the Parish of Scotter, Lincolnshire on 15 June 1813. ANN RATTON, the daughter of Thomas and Ann was baptised in Scotter on 11 July 1791. A baptism entry of a WILLIAM RICHARDS was entered in the Parish of Appleby, Lincolnshire on 26 August 1788 (about 9 miles from Scotter - mother Elizabeth). There is another ...
Read more : William RICHARDS b.abt1788 Appleby or Scotterthorpe | Views : 2127 | Replies : 4

Dutch connections

My Grandfather, Cornelis Abraham Ligtenstein, whom I never knew was born in Sidoardjo, Dutch East Indies on 16 July 1913. He worked for Phillips Radio in Eindhoven Tech. Laboratories for 4 years before September 1939.
He was a pupil pilot when war broke out in Holland on May 10 1940. At the end of the same month he reached England through Belgium and France. Initially he was not detached in the RAF. In August 1941, ...
Read more : Dutch connections | Views : 1114 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Google [Bot], Google Feedfetcher

Statistics

Total posts 64715 • Total topics 12841 • Total members 6059