It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:40 pm

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Mary Terrins

I am researching my gr grandmothers side of the family, Terrins.

My gr grandmother was Mary Terrins, born 1859, Warrington,
Her father was John Terrins.

The only address I have for them is on my gr grandparents marriage certificare, and that is 71 Mersey Street, Warrington.
Read more : Mary Terrins | Views : 930 | Replies : 0

Miners and Ribbon Weavers

My ancestors seem to have been mainly miners and ribbon weavers.
I didn't really think that either occupation was that interesting, but I was wrong!
I also have a shoemaker, a couple of publicans and the odd farmer!
They all worked really hard and did a lot of hours - I try to remember the horrible conditions they would have had to put up with when I moan about my own job!
I do, however, ...
Read more : Miners and Ribbon Weavers | Views : 1122 | Replies : 1

Donnelly family of Dungloe

I am having trouble trying to find ancestors from Dungloe in Co. Donegal.
My great grandfather was William Donnelly b.1876 He had many siblings :
Connell b.1868, Ann b.1869, Mary b.1871, Patrick b.1872, Catherine b.1873, Daniel b.1875, Ellen b.1879, John b.1882 and Bridget b.1889. They were all born in Dungloe too.
Their parents were Patrick and Anne nee Campbell. They were both born abt 1846 in Dungloe.
The only iother nformation I have is that ...
Read more : Donnelly family of Dungloe | Views : 1330 | Replies : 3

Harry Page

I am looking for information on a Harry Page. (His name is Harry not Harold)
I am not sure where he was born but he was born in abt 1894. According to his marriage certificate he married a Daisy Turner in Hove, Sussex in November of 1917. His father was called John and he was a labourer (he was still alive at the time of the marriage)

Harry was killed on the 23rd of March ...
Read more : Harry Page | Views : 1720 | Replies : 4

Latham Family in Clevedon

I am trying to find more information on the Latham family who lived in Clevedon. I can go back as far as James Francis Latham who was born around 1828 in Wiveliscombe. I know he was a shoemaker in Clevedon and some of his children helped in the business, but I would like to learn more about them. I did contact the Clevedon Historic Society, but they hadn't studied this family in particulary. Please let ...
Read more : Latham Family in Clevedon | Views : 1128 | Replies : 1

Most exciting moment in your research?

I have had several exciting moments in the course of my family history research in the last eighteen months, but one incident was hard to beat.

I knew very little about my mother's family as her mother died when she was born, so I started from a nil base. I managed to trace back to my mother's gg grandfather, James Burgess in Portland Dorset. I found from a census that he was a prison warder. ...
Read more : Most exciting moment in your research? | Views : 1148 | Replies : 0

Have You Discovered Something Unexpected In Your Research?

During your research, have you discovered a family member that you are proud of or simply found something in your investigation that was unexpected?

Did your research take you to places you'd never dreamed of?

Did you have to locate unusual records to find what you were looking for?

If so, email your discoveries to Claire Vaughan (ClaireVaughan@bbcmagazinesbristol.com) and your stories could be featured in the magazine!
Read more : Have You Discovered Something Unexpected In Your Research? | Views : 935 | Replies : 1

John Boon

I wonder if anybody can help with my problem, I have a John Boon born about 1832 in Peterborough ? . I have his marriage certificate which says his father was James Boon Candle Maker. He was married to Rhoda Miller from Bury St Edmunds her father was Philip Miller. Now my problem is trying to trace Johns family I though I had them when going through Rhoda's family she had a sister living in ...
Read more : John Boon | Views : 6273 | Replies : 5

Docklands ancestors - parish register cd's

Just wondered if anyone has used any of the cd's that parishregister.com has to offer. I am interested in St Mary Newington,St Mary Rotherhithe and St Mary Mag Bermondsey and wondered if they are worth purchasing as it is difficult for me to get to view registers with an active 2 year old and i am a distance away from the registers. I'd be very interested on what anyone thinks and if they are ...
Read more : Docklands ancestors - parish register cd's | Views : 1787 | Replies : 2

Samuel Burr

I have not been able to find a any information or a marriage for my husband's 3x great grandfather Samuel Burr. Samuel was born 3 Jan 1802 (from family records only, no proof) in England. He married Sarah Bridgens d/o Richard and Elizabeth Bridgens about 1830. Their first born child William was born Dec 4, 1831 and baptised in St. John the Evangelist Church in Lambeth, Surrey in Jan 1832. The family left England for ...
Read more : Samuel Burr | Views : 1052 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 63664 • Total topics 12679 • Total members 6108