It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:00 pm

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Elizabeth Jane Parker born 1818 Sussex

Hi I have asked for help before on who you think you are in finding members of my family for my family tree and i have had some excellent help am asking again because i cant find much information about my 3rd Grandmother Elizabeth Jane Parker 1818 born in Sussex i have found census for 1851 1861 1871

She was married to a William Hughes 1816 from Belfast Ireland his occupation was a cabinet maker ...
Read more : Elizabeth Jane Parker born 1818 Sussex | Views : 1868 | Replies : 5

looking for pictures of ciminal ancestors looking for pictures of ciminal ancestors

i remember reading a while ago that you will soon be able to see the criminal 'mug shot' of your criminal ancestor if you have any in your family tree. im looking for a Sidney, cornelius and Samuel John (known as John) Clements who were imprisoned in 1892 in Wales. I have found newspaper cuttings thanks to fellow members on here and also found on ancestry a page showing how long they were imprisoned for ...
Read more : looking for pictures of ciminal ancestors | Views : 1306 | Replies : 7

Birth for John Henry Dudley North

Please, can anyone help me find the birth record for John Henry Dudley North? He was born about 1863 in Blackwall or Poplar, London.

He was married in 1885 to Sarah Kate Carter at St. James the Great, Bethnal Green, his father is John North (deceased). He appears on the 1891, 1901 and 1911 census returns, but I've been unable to positively identify him in earlier censuses. Incidently, the first time I've been able to ...
Read more : Birth for John Henry Dudley North | Views : 5594 | Replies : 13

Help deciphering words in 1846 letter

1846-excerpt.jpg
Would appreciate a bit of help in deciphering a couple of words in the attached excerpt from a letter written in 1846 from a man in Leics to his sister in America. He seems to be a bit cross with her over failing to do something in connection with a property matter. I think there is a small tear on the right hand side, but have inserted what I think ...
Read more : Help deciphering words in 1846 letter | Views : 871 | Replies : 8

Birth cert for Celia Sidmouth Wood Webster

Hi

I ordered the 1848 birth cert for my ancestor as I couldn't find her baptism record, but on the certificate it has her father as Godfrey Webster and her mother as Fanny Voysey but not her married name. Does this mean they weren't married as Godfrey was a soliticitor and they were living in London. I can't find a marriage for either of them and Godfrey died in 1854 aged 31. Are there any ...
Read more : Birth cert for Celia Sidmouth Wood Webster | Views : 822 | Replies : 4

Help with Irish Ancestor Mary Sebrook born abt 1837

Looking for baptism details for Mary Sebrook looking at her marriage certificate in 1858 she married Patrick Moran in Dublin and her father is listed as John Sebrook - labourer.

I have checked the most common Irish church records website but to no avail

Any help would be most appreciated

Laura
Read more : Help with Irish Ancestor Mary Sebrook born abt 1837 | Views : 420 | Replies : 1

Further Coat of Arms Help Please!

You may need to read this posting in conjunction with an earlier one at http://www.whodoyouthinkyouaremagazine.com/forum/topic9169.html otherwise it might not make sense!

I have now visited Durrington church, Wiltshire and photographed the coat of arms on the memorial of Mrs Hester Conham. The one on the right has been identified and the one on the left is supposed to belong to the Conham family.

However, the actual description is Gules, a dove perched, argent, on a ...
Read more : Further Coat of Arms Help Please! | Views : 399 | Replies : 0

RE:Elizabeth Peck in the census

Can anyone help in locating Elizabeth Peck's early years?
She was born abt 1845 in Shoreditch - her marriage to Joseph Whittam in 1866 states her father as John Peck.
She appears in the 1871 census along with her husband Joseph (Witham) and her sister Emma Peck born abt 1857. And again in 1881 with her husband Jospeh and son WIlliam.

There are some many Peck's Pick's Packs I can't find a young Elizabeth with ...
Read more : RE:Elizabeth Peck in the census | Views : 3719 | Replies : 7

Ancestry v Find My Past

I am keen to get peoples opinions.

I currently have a subscription to Ancestry (not worldwide), and am interested in the benefits of either / or website.
WDYTYA mag has mentioned about alot of collections and archives being available on Find My Past.
Wondering how much I am missing out on, should I switch, will ancestry catch up etc.

Thanks
Read more : Ancestry v Find My Past | Views : 5375 | Replies : 4

Thomas Valentine Randall

Thomas was my maternal great grandfather, born 1844 in Liverpool. I am unable to find a birth certificate for him, he first appears in the 1851 census as a visitor in a household in Liverpool.. On all marrige (he was married 3 times) and future census results and naval records Liverpool is given as his place of birth. His father was Valentine Randall (born 1805) with no mother recorded for Thomas and no recorded marriage ...
Read more : Thomas Valentine Randall | Views : 2188 | Replies : 10

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], ChristineS, Google [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 49102 • Total topics 9256 • Total members 30337