It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:48 am

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

John Hall - Coleorton

John was likely born about 1806 in Ashby De La Zouch, Leicestershire. Perhaps in the same location where some of his children were baptized (Moor, Coleorton). I believe I have located John on the 1841 census living with his wife Mary and seven children. By 1851, Mary is a widow. I have located two possible news clippings for a John Hall in Coleorton in 1839 (charged with trespassing) and 1848 (had some wood stolen). Mary ...
Read more : John Hall - Coleorton | Views : 2049 | Replies : 2

James winterbourne.

I'm trying to trace my great great grandfather James winterbourne. His son was George James winterbourne who was my great grandfather. George James was born in 1865. That's all I know. Can some one help

Sent from my iPod touch using WDYTYA Forum
Read more : James winterbourne. | Views : 2212 | Replies : 15

Civilian interpreter RAF Cologne

I have been researching a lady who was evidently a civilian member of the RAF in Germany. Born in London in 1909 she died in RAF hospital Wegberg in 1954 aged 44.

I have just received a Consular death certificate which gives no cause of death. The form makes reference to a death certificate from the British Medical Centre, Cologne. Would this show a cause of death and how can I get a copy?

ColleenT
Read more : Civilian interpreter RAF Cologne | Views : 507 | Replies : 0

WILKINSON/PEARSON

Hi

I wondered if anyone could help with this?
I seem to have hit a brick wall surrounding the marriage of my GG Grandparents.
I have the following details

Alfred Herbert Wilkinson was born 1868 Pimlico, London
In 1891 he was a Footman in Christchurch, Hampshire

Annie Teressa Pearson was born 1872 Paddington, London
In 1891 she was a scullery maid in Berkhampsted, Hertfordshire

Their son was born Alfred Arthur Herbert Wilkinson in 1895, Paddington, ...
Read more : WILKINSON/PEARSON | Views : 1504 | Replies : 3

Missing from 1901 Census

Hello all, I have been on this one subject for about 2 weeks now and i've started banging my head on brick walls. So i've succumbed to post a request for either help or a pointed finger in the right direction. Here's the dilemma:

My Great Grandfather Thomas Thompson Hides.

Facts I have (found) are:

Birth - 1872 in Knottingley, Yorkshire, England
Baptised - 1872 18 Feb at St Botolph's Church, Knottingley, Yorkshire, England
1881 ...
Read more : Missing from 1901 Census | Views : 1276 | Replies : 6

joseph stanley burgess

Can anyone help me find a birth record for my neices' maternal grandfather. His marriage cert on 11 August 1919 states that he was Joseph Stanley Burgess, 22, unmarried and a sergeant in the Suffolk Regiment. His father was Alfred Burgess, engineer. Residence was North Elmham, Norfolk, UK and the bride was Lily Georganna Tombling also of North Elmham. The couple lived in Ipswich Suffolk where he died on 13 july 1943 of pulmonary TB ...
Read more : joseph stanley burgess | Views : 2946 | Replies : 7

Montserrat research? Montserrat research?

Can anyone help me with researching an English family who lived on the Island of Montserrat in the West Indies during the early 1880's?

My 2x Great Grandparents, John Chandler and Jane Bennett left the UK with their 5 children sometime around 1880 and then lived on Montserrat for about 6 years before returning to the UK. John was a farmer/gardener so I suspect he was working on a plantation on the Island.

I would ...
Read more : Montserrat research? | Views : 677 | Replies : 1

Albert William Anderson

Hello everyone,
I'm wondering whether anyone would be able help me with a research problem I've been grappling with for ages. I am looking at a friend of mine's family tree. He knows nothing whatsoever about his paternal roots.
His father was Leonard Anderson born November 1912 in longford street, St Pancras, London. From his birth certificate I have established that Leonard's father was Albert William Anderson, a railway porter and mother was Lizzie Scott. ...
Read more : Albert William Anderson | Views : 5366 | Replies : 16

Birmingham publicans

Can someone help please?
On the 1911 Census my Grandfather's occupation was 'Publican' of the Cock Inn, Bartley Green, Birmingham. My mother was born there in 1909. Can I assume that 'Publican' was the equivalent of the present day term 'Landlord'?
Is it possible to find lists of publicans/landlords in the Birmingham area pre 1900 as I have another relative who was a 'Licensed victualler' at a pub in Northfield, Birmingham on the 1851 Census. ...
Read more : Birmingham publicans | Views : 1287 | Replies : 4

Parents of Samuel Grayson

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could help with this part of my family tree. My ancestor Samuel Grayson was born in Liverpool in 1817 and baptised St Anthony's Roman Catholic Church. His parents are listed as John Grayson and Ann with no maiden name given. He married Ann Green in St Nicholas's Church in 1840, his father is again listed as John Grayson and his profession was a tailor. From the witnesses I ...
Read more : Parents of Samuel Grayson | Views : 2213 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], ermin79, Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Jillian.Trethewey.25143, JMcK, kimberrywickham

Statistics

Total posts 54174 • Total topics 11133 • Total members 31163