It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:06 am

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

WATSON 1885 Edmonton

I have been searching for years for my grandmothers birth certificate,
Elizabeth Watson
born 25 Feb 1885 in Enfield or Edmonton.
She appears on the 1891 census in Tottenham age 6
I have looked several years before and after and purchased several wrong certificates.
Her father is George Watson and mother Esther.

Please can anyone help?
Read more : WATSON 1885 Edmonton | Views : 2898 | Replies : 5

Baby unknown Christian name

I have been trying to find out the name of my aunt who died in infancy. She was the daughter of Thomas George Griffiths b. 1909 d. Jan 1968 & Catherine (nee Jenkins) b. 6th Sept 1910 d. August 1973 married Aug 1930. They had 3 other children, Jean b. 4th Sept 1930, Edmund b. 31st Jan 1932 & John b. 1935. I know that she was born alive, possibly between 1932 & 1935, and ...
Read more : Baby unknown Christian name | Views : 2353 | Replies : 8

Help me, Im stuck

Hello, This is my first time using this website and I wondered if some kind someone could help me with a problem I have with my great great grandfather.
His name was Reuben Wright and according to the 1911 census on Find My Past, he was born in Ware, Hertfordshire in 1865. I have managed to trace him back to 1881 when he was in the army, 33rd Brigade Depot, Kempston, Bedfordshire, I am pretty ...
Read more : Help me, Im stuck | Views : 1281 | Replies : 2

Lincolnshire Settlements

I wondered whether there was a forum user who has the disk, issued I think by Lincolnshire Family History Society, of Lincolnshire Settlements Certificates please? I have been told that on page 8 there is an Edward Jesney and I would dearly like the information on him please.

On Find My Past there is the following reference: Edward Jesney issued 11th June 1765; document reference Hogsthorpe 13/13/76

I have no idea what this pertains to ...
Read more : Lincolnshire Settlements | Views : 984 | Replies : 6

CD ROM's

I have Windows 7 and have recently had to have the computer looked at and since I have had it back I am having a problem with some disks and I wondered whether anyone else has had the same and solved it?

I have two Ancestry.com English Parish Record disks and since the computer repair I cannot access the information on either of them. When I click to open the disks all I get are ...
Read more : CD ROM's | Views : 983 | Replies : 4

A Blatherwick problem

For a while now, I have had a problem with one of my 5th great grandparents.
Jane Harris, b.1797 in Ware, Herts was married to Thomas Baldwin in 1816 in St Botolph w/o Bishopsgate, Jane's parents have been an issue, I managed to find them thanks to Jane's oldest daughter, Jane Blatherwick Baldwin.

Jane's parents were George Harris and Hannah Blatherwick, they married in 1789 in Cheshunt, Herts.
The issue I have is that the ...
Read more : A Blatherwick problem | Views : 735 | Replies : 4

Marab Hirons, c1817-1869, Warwickshire

I am looking for a baptismal record for Marab Hirons. Marab married John Nicks on 15 Feb 1836 at Leamington Priors, Warks. She appears in the 1841, 1851 and 1861 Censuses living in Harbury with her husband, giving her place of birth as Combrook, Warks. The 1851 Census shows Mary Hirons (61), John Nicks' mother-in-law, and almost certainly Marab's mother, living with them and giving her place of birth as Meriden, Warks.

A name like ...
Read more : Marab Hirons, c1817-1869, Warwickshire | Views : 3780 | Replies : 10

Harry Dawson - Ireland 1905

Not to be confused with my other thread looking for Henry Dawson (1880) but I'm also stuck on Harry Dawson. I'm awaiting the 1905 Q4 birth certificate but he is the first born child of Henry Dawson and Edith Tuckey. He's on the 1911 Irish census at 11 Ormond Quay, Dublin and I believe he was still there in 1920 when my gran was born. He doesn't appear to move to England with his mother ...
Read more : Harry Dawson - Ireland 1905 | Views : 779 | Replies : 4

Patton Family in Ireland

I am trying to find out more about the Patton family. Thomas Patton (b. c 1895) married Eleanor Jane Vaughan (b. 1894 Lurgan, Armagh) in 1921 at Dundalk, County Louth. They had seven children.
Gladys Elizabeth (1921), Dorothy May (1923), Eric Samuel (1925), Phyllis Eleanor (1926), Thomas E (1929), Robert Allan (1931) and Grace I (1936), all born at Dundalk.
Does anyone have any further information about any of these children or about the ancestors ...
Read more : Patton Family in Ireland | Views : 1538 | Replies : 3

Help needed looking for John Bridge, Lancashire 1816-186x

I wonder if anyone can shed a little light on the life and times of my Great Great Great Grandfather, John Bridge?

The little I ‘know’:

Census: 06 Jun 1841
3 year old child Oratia Bridge living with Linly family on York Street. Also Horatio Bridge, son of John and Mary Bridge, living just around the corner in Howard Court, Ashton under Lyne. I believe this to be the same child (my Great Great Grandfather, ...
Read more : Help needed looking for John Bridge, Lancashire 1816-186x | Views : 2119 | Replies : 9

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 56512 • Total topics 11493 • Total members 31757