It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:41 am

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

John Birkett of Rosthwaite, Cumberland

My 5 x great grandfather John Birkett was christened at Crosthwaite church near keswick, Cumberland on 01/12/1754.His parents were John Birkett and Ann his wife .John senior was "of Rosthwaite" which is in Borrowdale.This information was in the parish records

I have tried to find out who Ann the wife of John senior was--also when John senior was born & who his parents were--also if John & Ann had any other children--some of the older ...
Read more : John Birkett of Rosthwaite, Cumberland | Views : 387 | Replies : 0

Stumped again....help?

Hi,
I have an ancestor who was baptised on 6th Jan 1757 in Wycliffe, Yorkshire and on this parish record it states that his father was deceased. The father had to have died sometime in 1756 but the only burial records I can find for Wycliffe start at 1813.

Does anyone know where the burial records for the Wycliffe area would be held? I can't seem to find much info on this place on the ...
Read more : Stumped again....help? | Views : 454 | Replies : 5

How do I find a death record

There is not much information known about my Great Grandfather as he is considered the 'black sheep' of our family. I have been trying to find information about him, but am completely stuck on where to look. I know he was born in Chorlton in 1891, he emigrated to Canada and elisted in the army in 1912 (but lied about his age - he said he was born in 1887). I know he married my ...
Read more : How do I find a death record | Views : 760 | Replies : 6

Kane family of Moville Donegal

Hi

i was wondering if anybody could help ......I have managed to trace my family , after years of unknowns to this family in Moville..http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/r ... 002096136/

I now need help on tracing any relatives past or present .

Many thanks in advance for any advice

Helen
Read more : Kane family of Moville Donegal | Views : 212 | Replies : 1

Benjamin Henry Sumner

We are trying to locate Benjamin Henry Sumner. He was born Jan-Feb March Abt 1873 in Liverpool and his civil parish is Walton On The Hill, Liverpool.

Mother, father, brothers and sisters
Benjamin’s mother's name was Jemima J. Sumner and she was born abt 1845. Benjamin’s father’s name was James Sumner and he was born abt 1846. His father died in 1932, aged 86, his son James Junior registered his death.
Benjamin had 3 sisters ...
Read more : Benjamin Henry Sumner | Views : 307 | Replies : 1

John Kennedy, Soldier, died between 1849 and 1864

Posted this in the other forum, should really have posted here I think so...
What I'm wanting to find is details of John's death and Military service and hopefully where in Ireland he was from and when he was born. In a perfect world any clues as to any siblings he may have had would be wonderful...Here's my original post

"Can anyone help or give advice?
Trying to trace my Kennedy ancestors. So far I ...
Read more : John Kennedy, Soldier, died between 1849 and 1864 | Views : 141 | Replies : 0

Disappearing mother

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help

We have an elderly friend Paul Marcus Odysseus Zachariades, who is trying to find some information about his mother. She apparently left home within a year or so of his birth and he was brought up by his father and paternal grandparents. They never spoke of his mother, but he is now 86 years old and wants to ‘tie up a few loose ends' before it is too ...
Read more : Disappearing mother | Views : 495 | Replies : 5

Simon Vandenbergh (1728-1808)

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows anymore about my great x 7 grandfather Simon Vandenbergh (1728-1808). He was a London bookseller from a Dutch book trade family. As far as I know, he was born in London but I am interested in his ancestry, who his parents were and where they came from. I looked on the internet and there was a reference to him but it contained no more info than I already ...
Read more : Simon Vandenbergh (1728-1808) | Views : 613 | Replies : 3

Scottish Merchant Seamen

My g2 grandfather (born about 1836 in Irvine, Ayreshire) is described in 1902 (on his daughter's marriage certificate) as being "Merchant Seaman dec'd"
Other than this, and his name - Archibald Syme (or Sime) I can find no information about him.
Does anyone know where Scottish merchant seamen's records are held ?
brickmaker
Read more : Scottish Merchant Seamen | Views : 456 | Replies : 2

No birth certificate or census record No birth certificate or census record

Hello,
I'm trying to trace my great grandfather Arthur Albert Potts born around 1880 in Bishop Auckland.
He has no birth certificate that I or the durham record office can find and there is no record of him until the 1901 census.
On Arthur's marriage certificate he says his fathers name is also Arthur, who was a green grocer, who was deceased by 1905. I can't find any record of his death or of a ...
Read more : No birth certificate or census record | Views : 258 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, kintrak, Majestic-12 [Bot], peter kent, Yahoo [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 31029 • Total topics 6661 • Total members 23672