It is currently Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:54 pm

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Broderick and Fitzgerald

Would anyone know of John Broderick b. abt 1843 from Ireland and who married Johanna Fitzgerald b. abt 1861 from Cork, Ireland. They eloped to the NE of England and married in 1878? John's father was Richard and Johanna's William. We're stuck! The birth years are flexible as they'd given varied ages and birth years on various documents. Any help would be appreicated.
Thanks
Maritta
Read more : Broderick and Fitzgerald | Views : 480 | Replies : 2

Robert Thompson Newman - Master Mariner

I am trying to trace one Robert Thompson Newman born 29 Sept 1830 in Sunderland, Tyne and Wear.
His parents were John Newman (also a Master Mariner born in Norfolk c1801) and Mary Routledge.

Robert went on to marry Mary Jane Watson in 1856 and had 3 children that I know of.
Sarah Eleanor Newman born 1857 in England though one census has Alexandrina, Egypt as her birthplace.
Mary Jane Newman born 1861 in England ...
Read more : Robert Thompson Newman - Master Mariner | Views : 2579 | Replies : 8

Wildermoth/Wildermouth

Hi
I have managed to trace my family back to J William Wildermoth born 1787 in Kilkenny, Ireland. He served in the army (I have his army record) and married Ann Whelan with whom he had several children.

I am trying to trace his father Jean Christopher Wildermoth (also spelt Wildermouth). It is believed he was born in France (sometime in the 1760's) and came to Ireland serving in the Army possibly in the 16th ...
Read more : Wildermoth/Wildermouth | Views : 788 | Replies : 0

e-petiton For Un-Certified Certificates

Please Sign my e-petition if a UK citize Please copy and paste this to your status updates as need 100,000 signatures to get this read in parliament. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/1792
Read more : e-petiton For Un-Certified Certificates | Views : 763 | Replies : 2

Constancia (White) Souffrain Brainteaser Time! Help

I am a very cool and very proud mom of five cherubs that have been battling cancer for 6 yrs now at the present moment I am doing great and have some time on my hands. I wanted to do a family tree for the holidays and send it to all my immediate family members. simple right? Boy was I wrong! I started with the basics myself, sibblings, our parents,grandparents and all came to a ...
Read more : Constancia (White) Souffrain Brainteaser Time! Help | Views : 355 | Replies : 2

Palacerigg Labour Colony

I was tracing my great great grandfather William Mushet on the 1911 census and believe i have found him noted as an inmate of the Palacerigg Labour Colony near Cumbernauld.

Does anyone know the history or purpose of this labour colony?

Dave
Read more : Palacerigg Labour Colony | Views : 2627 | Replies : 1

Frederick Middleton Wilson Frederick Middleton Wilson

I have spent the last 18 months trying to locate a birth certificate for my maternal 2nd Great Grandfather, Frederick Middleton Wilson. He was born about 1855 (based on year of death (1929) & age at death (74), but in one census it says he was born in Leeds, Yorkshire, UK but in all subsequent Census he says he was born in Australia! I have his marriage (2) and death certificates. His first marriage to ...
Read more : Frederick Middleton Wilson | Views : 2515 | Replies : 14

WILLIAM GIGGS EXECUTED AT TYBURN

My 3x gr-grandfather is Richard Giggs bapt, 1784, St Mary, Harrow, Middx, son of William & Hester Giggs of Sudbury. The William & Hester referred to are William Giggs born abt. 1753 married Esther Woodbridge 1774, St. Marlebone, Middx.
On Genes Reunited and Ancestry many people have this William Giggs as the criminal who is on oldbaileyonline ref. 17861025-48, date of trial 25.Oct 1786, executed at Tyburn 5.1.1787.
Although the dates and places referred to ...
Read more : WILLIAM GIGGS EXECUTED AT TYBURN | Views : 1107 | Replies : 7

Daniel & William Stewart born Cullen, Banffshire, (1840s)

Trying to find out what happened to brothers Daniel (b. 1843) and William (b. 1845) Stewart. They were both born in Cullen in Banffshire, Scotland to Alexander and Elspet Stewart (m.n. Grant). At different times Daniel and William spent time living with their older brother John (a stonemason) and his family in Loanhead just outside Edinburgh. William appears in the 1871 census for Loanhead. His occupation is given as "Teacher MA"(?). In 1869 Daniel married ...
Read more : Daniel & William Stewart born Cullen, Banffshire, (1840s) | Views : 2306 | Replies : 4

Eliza Carpenter nee Yates

I am trying to trace the death of Eliza Elizabeth Yates born 7th June 1884 in West Bromwich.
She married Arthur Carpenter 17 Dec 1905, and had 4 daughters: Emma 9 Mar 1906, Ada Harriet 7 Sep 1908, Alice 24 Jun 1912, and Lily May 5 May 1915. After that date I have no record of her at all.
Any information on any of the family would be most welcome.
Read more : Eliza Carpenter nee Yates | Views : 383 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 40824 • Total topics 8234 • Total members 28506