It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:22 am

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Henry Wilhelm Roger Bond

I found on Family Search christening date for the above as May 1874 Madras ,Tamil Nadu ,India with parents John Henry Bond and mother Rose Margaret. He ended up in Wales and married Rosina Amelia Johnstone in 1896

I found John Henry Bonds birth as Jul 1835 in Madras also with parents John Bond and Anna .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I sent to British Library and have the certificate of Henry Wilhelm Baptisted 1874
His father and ...
Read more : Henry Wilhelm Roger Bond | Views : 1523 | Replies : 11

Burial Places

My grandmother Elizabeth Ward died on 24th February 1910 in London Hospital aged 43 years. At the time the family were living at 25 Grosvenor Buildings Poplar. I have tried without sucess to locate a burial for Elizabeth Ward whether it be in the Tower Hamlets municiple cemetary or All Saints Church the parish in which the family lived. This is connected with the death of my uncle (Elizabeth's oldest son) William John Ward born ...
Read more : Burial Places | Views : 163 | Replies : 1

Help Wanted please - Australian Marriage Record Details

My fourteen day trial with Ancestry ran out today and although I though I had printed off everything I needed - guess what, I missed out one item, which although I saved it to my shoebox - it will not let me view again without forking out for a subscription. I will do this soon ( although I will have to wait until next pay day :oops: ...
Read more : Help Wanted please - Australian Marriage Record Details | Views : 174 | Replies : 2

Birth records in USA and Naturalisation records in UK

I've come across a Charles Pilkington on the 1881 census who may just be my gt grandfather. He's living in Chadkirk, Romiley, cheshire with a Mary Pilkington and their daughter Anne. This is not my gt grandmother, Emily, however whom he must have met later and possibly never married ( If Mary was still alive this would explain why)
In this 1881 census their daughter, Anne is recorded as being born in New Jersey, USA. ...
Read more : Birth records in USA and Naturalisation records in UK | Views : 387 | Replies : 2

Horse hair drawer?

I have recently obtained another wrong marriage certificate on which the brides occupation is listed as 'horse hair drawer'. I have done several searches on this but have not managed to come up with any info about what she would have been doing. The certificate is from 1929 so clearly horse hair would still have been in common use as stuffing for mattresses, seating and many other things. Would she have been removing the horse ...
Read more : Horse hair drawer? | Views : 747 | Replies : 2

LILY ELIZABETH MABEL SMITH nee VICARS

Hi

I am hoping that someone can help point me in the right direction to try and trace information about my maternal grandmother, Lily Smith (nee Vicars). I cannot seem to find her in the 1901 census although there is a Lily Vicars of the right age in the census described as a boarder living with an Albert Lawrence in St Albans but I have no way of knowing if this is the right person. ...
Read more : LILY ELIZABETH MABEL SMITH nee VICARS | Views : 790 | Replies : 7

walter Henry Elfleet

Walter Henry Elfleet was born in Pimlico in 1872, he then disapears until 1901 when he appears on the census living with his wife ada and her tracy family in London. I have tried to find him on all other census' but he is not to be found. His mother and father are on the 1871 and 1881 census' with his brother and sisters but he is not with them, he is the eldest. I ...
Read more : walter Henry Elfleet | Views : 464 | Replies : 5

Richard Digweed 1790

I am trying to find information about Richard Digweed's parents. Richard Digweed is my great x4 grandfather he was born and died in Burghclere, Hampshire 1790-1878. Richard married Mary Pibworth in 1809 in East Woodhay, Hampshire. They had five children James (1811), Joshua (1816), Daniel (1818), Elizabeth (1820) and David - my grt x3 grandfather (1824).

Any info will be greatly recieved.

Gemma Digweed
Read more : Richard Digweed 1790 | Views : 1019 | Replies : 3

March 2009 Magazine

I have only recently started subscribing to Who do you think you are magazine and was hoping to purchase the March 2009 edition mainly for the Berkshire Ancestors disc but am told it's out of stock, If anybody has one they no long want or needs I'd be very interested to hear from you.

Thanks

Gemma Digweed
Read more : March 2009 Magazine | Views : 358 | Replies : 4

Ancestors of William Thomas Born1859

William Thomas Born 1859 Merthr-Tydfil married Jane Jones Abt 1882.
Believe Jane died abt 1904. Any decendants from William's second marriage
to Sarah Hobby in 1905.
Stuart
Read more : Ancestors of William Thomas Born1859 | Views : 192 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Registered users: antwantracygwdttpfsw, Bing [Bot], Google Feedfetcher

Statistics

Total posts 32136 • Total topics 6835 • Total members 24274