It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:48 am

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

George Cross born 1881

My late mother Lily Stephens (nee Cross) never knew she had any Uncles or Aunts on the Cross line. My research into the family shows that she had two Aunts and one Uncle, a George Cross. I have found most information on the Aunts but I am stuck on Uncle George Cross. George was born in 1881 at Horseshoe Alley, Westminster, London and he was born Blind as was his father Elisha Cross who was ...
Read more : George Cross born 1881 | Views : 297 | Replies : 2

Gardens in Chepstow, Monmouth

In 1756 my 5 x GGrandfather, James Stephens is recorded as a Gardener in Chepstow and paid a premium of £14 for a seven year apprenticeship for his son Robert as a Gun Maker in Bristol.The master gun maker being a Hugh Verncombe of Bristol

In view of the sum involved I would think that he must have been employed on a large estate or a wealthy family in Chepstow.

Does anyone with a knowledge ...
Read more : Gardens in Chepstow, Monmouth | Views : 156 | Replies : 0

Herbert ATTWOOD PALMER - theatre

Herbert Attwood Palmer is a distant ancestral relative. My great grandmother (nee Ada Mary Palmer 1852-1931) had several brothers, all of whom appear to have been involved in theatrical activities according to the censuses. Only one, Henry Palmer (1846-1886) married and had children. These were:
Catherine Eva Emma PALMER, b. 1877, Dundee; and
Herbert Attwood PALMER, b. 6 Sep 1875, Leeds
In 1881 they were both living with paternal grandparents in Kingston, Surrey. I also ...
Read more : Herbert ATTWOOD PALMER - theatre | Views : 783 | Replies : 3

Sarah Sheldon nee Hales: 1823-1896

I have been desperately trying to search for any early information on my great-great-grandmother - Sarah Hales - who is somewhat of a mystery to the family.

She was born in Ludlow abt 1823 according to the records I have in my possession but moved for some reason to Clarborough, a small hamlet near East Retford in Nottinghamshire. She lived in this area until she died in 1896. Her marriage record does not give a ...
Read more : Sarah Sheldon nee Hales: 1823-1896 | Views : 495 | Replies : 2

LDS Microfiches

Can anyone please answer my query?

Do the LDS Microfiches/films contain more details or information than that transcribed on the Familysearch site?

I have a centre not too far from me and would be interested in ordering but it seems pointless if they reveal no more than I can already see on the internet.

Grateful thanks if anyone can advise. :)
Read more : LDS Microfiches | Views : 790 | Replies : 6

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Hello Everyone

A Merry Christmas to you and you families and a very big thank you to everyone who has taken the time to answer my posts through out the year. I have managed to break through several brick walls thanks to your help and have picked up so many useful tips. I am now an avid follower of all the forums on here.

Sally
Read more : MERRY CHRISTMAS | Views : 130 | Replies : 0

Thomas Henry Bell

I am having no luck in finding out anything about my grandfather Thomas Henry Bell he died when mum was only young and she doesn't remember anything. I have also had no luck with any relatives in England.
I do know from his marriage certificate that he was a widower when he married my grandma Hilda Harker on 2nd Feb 1935 at the Register Office Darlington, and he was aged 53 lived at 2 Garden ...
Read more : Thomas Henry Bell | Views : 1028 | Replies : 4

GUSTAVE REBER & FAMILY GUSTAVE REBER & FAMILY

Gustave Reber a naturised British Subject was born in Germany circa 1858 and was shown as a Linguist/Interpreter living in Devonport in 1901, but in 1911 he is working as a Hotel Hall Porter at 131 Cheyne Walk, Chelsea, London. He is accompanied by his wife Rose b 1854 (Exeter) and children, Rose b 1886 (Plymouth), Lilian b 1888 (Plymouth), Violet b 1892 (Cardiff) and Percy b 1894 (Chelsea).

I have been unable to trace ...
Read more : GUSTAVE REBER & FAMILY | Views : 488 | Replies : 4

Khios Jan 1945

The attached photo was taken by my great uncle John Fabbrini in 1945 in Khios.

Does anyone know the individuals or their families?

I would love to know what they were doing there and who was "The Dentist"???

Many thanks

Judi
Read more : Khios Jan 1945 | Views : 123 | Replies : 0

hughes

Iam trying to find the Hughes for my family tree My nan is Margaret O'donohoe born 1910 in Liverpool her mother is Catherine Hughes born 1886 in Liverpool her husband wasThomas O'Donohoe 1883

Iam now trying to find Catherine Hughes father and mother i have found one match but iam not sure if i have the right match i have

Father William Hughes born 1857 in Denbighshire Wales
Mother Margaret Hughes born 1856 Scotland Edinburgh ...
Read more : hughes | Views : 318 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], jacketsdiscount, Yahoo [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 34605 • Total topics 7187 • Total members 25918