It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:49 am

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Lords - Barwell, Leicestershire - Cork, Ireland - India!

Hello, I am researching my family tree and have come to a bit of a stand still. I have an ancestor by the name of Robert Lord born in Barwell, Leicestershire (1826) who disappears from the census's 1851 & 1861 then re appears in 1871.

He then has a wife and a family. His wife and eldest son are down as being born in Cork, Ireland.
The next two children as being born in two ...
Read more : Lords - Barwell, Leicestershire - Cork, Ireland - India! | Views : 335 | Replies : 3

Spanish Civil War

I have just been told that my grandfather, who died about 10 years ago, fought in the Spanish Civil War in the 1930s. This was news to me. My Grandfather came from Cork, Ireland. I know that quite a few Irish went over to fight but I have no idea how to go about confirming that my Grandfather was involved. Does anyone have any ideas as to where I might find further info?
Read more : Spanish Civil War | Views : 145 | Replies : 1

Help with G.Grandfather's WWI Army Pension Records

Please can you help me discover the reason why my g. granfather Arthur Coombes was discharged after only serving 3 months in the British Army during WWI. From what i can make out of the document it says:

Discharged W/O Letter 20/Infantry 738 (aG1)

I have attached a copy of the record. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cathy
Read more : Help with G.Grandfather's WWI Army Pension Records | Views : 383 | Replies : 2

Mary Dyball - I cannot find when nor where she died.

The GRO indexes have been searched, but the registration is not there. I know that sometimes deaths have not been registered, having found more than one occurrence of that.

I have posted on other forums, in rootsweb mailing lists for Kent and for Suffolk, have written another article for the Suffolk Family History Society's magazine about my Suffolk-related ancestral family, and am now posting here in case anyone can help.

Mary was born Mary Ann ...
Read more : Mary Dyball - I cannot find when nor where she died. | Views : 2395 | Replies : 15

alice ann elfleet/ingram

I have traced alice elfleet to 1901 when she married ernest hamilton ingram but then I lose her she doesn't appear on the 1911 census. her husband died in 1909 in paddington her brother-in-law was with him when he died. I can't find if she had any children either. does anyone have any ideas. I have also tried the passenger lists but no matches.

maxine tallon
Read more : alice ann elfleet/ingram | Views : 430 | Replies : 2

Is this allowed, please?

I am endeavouring to discover when and where someone died. I have posted on other forums, such as family tree forum, and on rootsweb mailing lists, in case anyone can find her or is from her family, but to no avail.

Is it okay to post about her in here, too, in the looking for individuals, please?

Going out soon. Back later.

Joy
Read more : Is this allowed, please? | Views : 344 | Replies : 3

Charles Jacks/Lydia Ann Jacks

Can anyone point me in the right direction please:
My great grandmother Lydia Ann Jacks (Kent Green) aged 22 married my great grandfather John Green (Little Moss) aged 23 in 1896-May 25th in Congleton Cheshire. I have a copy of their marriage certificate, Lydia's father was Charles Jacks, both he and John's father Henry were Boatman- Cheshire canals.

I cannot find any information regarding Lydia's mother, and Jacks does not appear on any of the ...
Read more : Charles Jacks/Lydia Ann Jacks | Views : 478 | Replies : 3

Thomas Wright

Can any one help with my problem of finding where Thomas Wright born abt 1844 was born and when he died.
I have a copy of his marriage certificate when Thomas Wright married Agness Williamson on 31 May 1868. He was 24 and his occupation is recorded as Joiner, his father also Thomas Wright, is a "contractor" and he was living on Hockley in Nottingham. I have a census for 1871 where Thomas, Agnes and ...
Read more : Thomas Wright | Views : 1116 | Replies : 6

Wright no birth or death

Can any one help with my problem of finding where Thomas Wright born abt 1844 was born and when he died.
I have a copy of his marriage certificate when Thomas Wright married Agness Williamson on 31 May 1868. He was 24 and his occupation is recorded as Joiner, his father also Thomas Wright, is a "contractor" and he was living on Hockley in Nottingham. I have a census for 1871 where Thomas, Agnes and ...
Read more : Wright no birth or death | Views : 277 | Replies : 2

Silvester Meagrow

I'm looking for information on Silvester Meagrow born 1821 in Padworth Berks, married to Elizabeth born 1834 with one son Henry Meagrow 1853.

Any info will be gratefully received

Gemma Digweed
Read more : Silvester Meagrow | Views : 273 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 32591 • Total topics 6912 • Total members 24649