It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:15 am

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

David Tate Birth

David Tate born 1811 Bilston
I cannot find his birth anywhere. in all census entries from 1851 he states his birth as 1811. in 1841 he was working in Scotland and date of birth not stated. I have his marriage 13 September1829 St. Thomas Church Dudley.Also birth of his children,, BUT for some reason I cannot find a record of his birth . He did marry a Christiana Rudge in late life and his wedding ...
Read more : David Tate Birth | Views : 3461 | Replies : 4

Does anyone live/work near National Archives in Kew?

Hi,
I am trying to access information held at The National Archives in Kew. My 3x great grandmother was imprisoned in the Marshalsea Debtors Prison in 1840 and I would like to know what happened to her. I can find no death record for her - so I am wondering: did she die in the Prison or was she released and later remarried? The National Archives want £150+ to send me the information (but I ...
Read more : Does anyone live/work near National Archives in Kew? | Views : 608 | Replies : 1

Blacksmith/Farriers Blacksmith/Farriers

According to reports the railways had hundreds of horses.
My wife's Grandfather at the beginning of the 20th Century worked at the Midland Railways Bristol depot as a Blacksmith/Farriers
I have checked GWR and Midland Railways staff Registers at Kew and there are no Blacksmiths/Farriers listed Also I have been in touch with Railway Club web sites same answer
Can any body help me
Read more : Blacksmith/Farriers | Views : 1260 | Replies : 2

Looking for Doris Nellie Glynn / Price / Summers Looking for Doris Nellie Glynn / Price / Summers

Hi

This is a long shot but ….. Does anyone have any information on what happened to my Grandmother Doris Nellie Glynn, she was born 24th June 1900 in Birmingham. She married my Grandfather William Price in 1920 and after he died she married Benjamin Caseriel Summers in 1932. After this nobody knows what happened to her and I have tried various searches in Ancestry, FMP etc. but have got nowhere.

Graham
Read more : Looking for Doris Nellie Glynn / Price / Summers | Views : 620 | Replies : 2

Ivy Maud Williams

I am trying to locate where my grandmother Ivy Maud Wiiliams nee Meade was buried. She died in Portsmouth in 1952 aged 56, but neither the local records office or cemeteries have any information. I have tried the chapel in Govilon, Wales where my grandfather is but no luck. Have also looked in Lewes, Sussex where she was born. Just hoping someone may have a suggestion on where to look next. Thank you.

Sent from ...
Read more : Ivy Maud Williams | Views : 1165 | Replies : 2

Trying to find my Granddads regiment

My Granddad was James Cooper from Mobberley, Cheshire. I know very little about him except some rumours about him being in Burma, maybe a POW? If I find the regiment will I be able to find out where he was during the war? There were some medals that apparently were thrown away when the council cleared his house after he died, from what I have been told, there were 4 on a bar, a star ...
Read more : Trying to find my Granddads regiment | Views : 861 | Replies : 4

mills family search

THERE IS A STORY IN MY FAMILY THA T MY GREAT UNCLE MARRIED THE SISTER OF FAMOUS BOXER/ACTOR FREDDIE MILLS ...NOW WHEN I RESEARCHED MY GREAT UNCLES MARRIAGE DETAILS HE DID INDEED MARRY SOMEONE WITH THE SURNAME MILLS....... I HAVE GOOGLED FREDDIE MILLS HE WAS ONE OF 4 CHILDREN AND FOUND OUT HIS PARENTS NAMES, BUT I CAN'T FIND OUT THE NAMES OF HIS SIBLINGS AND WHETHER OR NOT ANY WAS A SISTER,SO I CAN ...
Read more : mills family search | Views : 2022 | Replies : 4

WW1 soldier info and hospital location needed

Hi,

I am wondering is there is anyone out there that can possibly help me. I have hit a brick wall and cant seem to get any further.

My great grandfather was in the 1st btn Gloucesters, he was out in France during 1915 and was apparently wounded (unsure if he was on the front line or in billets according to the date of injury)

He was i assume hospitalized with his injury at the ...
Read more : WW1 soldier info and hospital location needed | Views : 1741 | Replies : 5

Occupation

What would a "chalk chopper for lime burning " actually do? Thanks, Maxine
Read more : Occupation | Views : 606 | Replies : 2

Tree family.

I am seeking any information about Sarah Tree, born in 1822. She married a John Collins, in Exeter,on August 13th,1852. This is what I do know...John was a Gardener, and Sarah a servant, and at the time of marriage lived in Magdelen Street, Exeter. John's father, also called John, was a farmer, and Sarah's father, called Thomas, and was a gardener. At the time of marriage John was 29. Any information about either John or ...
Read more : Tree family. | Views : 1512 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], frontlace, Sylcec

Statistics

Total posts 52886 • Total topics 10366 • Total members 30940