It is currently Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:31 pm

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Burrows Family

Hello,
Could anybody give me some help with finding this Burrows family, I have very little information to go on.
Robert Thomas Burrows, father of Winifred Mary Burrows. Winifred was born in 10 April 1927 Ormskink Lancashire, married Peter James Edward Harding June 18 1949, Registers Office Kensington England.They had a son Andrew P, born abt 1950. Divorced, Winifred came to Canada in 1952 for a visit to St Catherines Ontario. Winifred occupation was listed ...
Read more : Burrows Family | Views : 593 | Replies : 2

JOHN STEELE 1795 birth Sussex?

John Steele, a farmer, was convicted of highway robbery at Kent Assizes on 15 Mar 1819 & transported to VDL. The Tasmanian records show his native place as Sussex with DOB of 1795. I have no way of finding info on him from church or court records in England. Any help on his background would be appreciated.

Tony
Read more : JOHN STEELE 1795 birth Sussex? | Views : 855 | Replies : 6

JOHN STEELE Highway Robbery

After info about John Steele (farmer) convicted of highway robbery & transported by Kent Assizes 15th Mar 1819. Have records from Australia. Would appreciate any info.
Thanks

Tony
Read more : JOHN STEELE Highway Robbery | Views : 220 | Replies : 1

WDYTYA Live 2011 ticket problem

Be aware that entering the discount code to forward book two tickets for £25.00 does not work.

You will repeatedly get the 'Invalid' message with a suggestion to phone the number listed.

When you call the number they will only be able to sell you tickets at the normal non discounted price and have no knowledge of the code provided in this months magazine or on the website.

The problem is THIS NUMBER IS A ...
Read more : WDYTYA Live 2011 ticket problem | Views : 450 | Replies : 3

Arthur Edwin Farmer - Birth?

I'm stuck on finding my Great Great Grandfather's birth certificate. On his Marriage and Death Certificates he is down as Arthur Edwin Farmer born about 1878 - his death cert doesnt give his birthday just his age. I know his father to be John Farmer a saddler, but there is also some confusion with his mother as she is both a Mary Ann Roberts and a Mary Jane Roberts on her 2 marriage certificates, and ...
Read more : Arthur Edwin Farmer - Birth? | Views : 158 | Replies : 0

Portrait by John Ponsford R.A.

Hello,

I know this is a longshot but I am trying to trace the whereabouts of a portrait by John Ponsford R.A. The painting was of Mary Shillibeer, nee Crymes. It is mentioned in a copy of her son's will. She died in 1829 and I believe the portrait would have been painted between about 1815 and her death.

There is a portrait of an Unknown Elderly Lady painted by Ponsford in about 1820 at ...
Read more : Portrait by John Ponsford R.A. | Views : 731 | Replies : 3

Martin Family from Thirsk

Im after a baptism for a Thomas Martin and this is where it gets tricky.

I have IGI records for Thomas Martins son, Thomas who was born in Thirsk in 1783 bap 23 September 1783. According to the IGI marriage record of Thomas Snr, he was married on 31 Jan 1780 in Thirsk to Mary Day. There is no baptism for Thomas Snr in Thirsk however I did find a burial record of a Thomas ...
Read more : Martin Family from Thirsk | Views : 225 | Replies : 3

HOPE OR WYATT, FRANK OR JAMES AND NO REPLY FROM THE GYOURY F

HOPE OR WYATT, FRANK OR JAMES AND NO REPLY FROM THE GYOURY FAMILY

I am trying to find my great grandparents marriage certificate, grandfather's surname or any information which may help in my search for lost relatives.

I have my grandmother’s death certificate (1932), Doris Mary Hope, which shows her father’s name as Frank Hope (deceased) occupation Commercial Traveller. I also have my Aunt Winifred’s (Doris’s sister) marriage certificate (1929) but this shows their father’s ...
Read more : HOPE OR WYATT, FRANK OR JAMES AND NO REPLY FROM THE GYOURY F | Views : 985 | Replies : 10

Rose Howard

Hi

I may have put this in the wrong place previously, so I'm trying under this heading as well

I am keen to find out anything about Rose Howard, born in Leeds 1906. Her father, Richard was killed in the First War and is buried at the Woods Cemetery. Richard Spencer Howard worked in the Music Hall in Leeds (not clear which one)and he made fiddles. Anyone researching or, indeed related to that family, I'd ...
Read more : Rose Howard | Views : 144 | Replies : 0

Rose Howard

Hi
I am keen to find out anything about Rose Howard, born in Leeds 1906. Her father, Richard was killed in the First War and is buried at the Woods Cemetery. Richard was a music hall artist and made fiddles. Anyone researching or, indeed related to that family, I'd love to know more.
Many thanks
Read more : Rose Howard | Views : 316 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 34053 • Total topics 7112 • Total members 25688