It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:08 pm

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Crook/Dryden marriage certificate.

Hi, I am trying to trace a marriage certificate for William Crook and Sarah Dryden, my gt gt grandparents. I have traced them through various census records and have a lot of information on them, but without a marriage certificate I cannot get back any further with Sarah. I need help! I know approx her year of birth, 1838. She is listed, on the census forms, as either being born in Scotland or Berwick, but ...
Read more : Crook/Dryden marriage certificate. | Views : 338 | Replies : 3

Joseph Rollason

Hi

i'm trying to locate my great grandfather Joseph Rollason and his parents. I know that he was married in 1906 to Leah Copper and his father was also called Joseph Rollason. I have been told by one relative that they think his mothers maiden name was Meakin which I have found a birth cert for but I can find any thing else to confirm I have the right parents. I also believe Joseph was ...
Read more : Joseph Rollason | Views : 924 | Replies : 6

Census Query

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that someone could be on the census twice?
There are two matches for my GGF in the 1871 census. One he is with his wife and youngest child at their 'normal residence' in Horncastle Lincs. I have also found a match at the address of another son in Staffs, birthplace Horncastle. I wondered if he could be visiting his son but got included at his home address. If ...
Read more : Census Query | Views : 420 | Replies : 5

Adoption information for an adoption in the 1950s

My Grand Aunt and her husband adopted a child in the 1950s

I know the child's surname (and think I have found the birth certificate, for a child with that name) - however before I add it to my family tree properly, I want to confirm it.

I can't talk to my grand aunt and uncle, as they are both dead. I have no contact with the child (my 1st cousin once removed), so I ...
Read more : Adoption information for an adoption in the 1950s | Views : 1318 | Replies : 5

Emma Lem Tipton

Searching for birth info for my great grandmother Emma Lem born Tipton 1862. Emma married John Coley May 1880 on marriage certificate her father is recorded as John Lem, miner. To date have not been able to find birth details or 1871 census details for Emma. Any thoughts, advise would be greatly appreciated.
Read more : Emma Lem Tipton | Views : 1381 | Replies : 11

Searching for Catherine Ann Pantry (Balme)

I am searching for Catherine Ann Balme born in Leeds area 1949 to Mary Balme (nee Swinnerton) & Anthony Tom Pantry.

I am the son of the half sister to Catherine.

Many thanks

Matt
Read more : Searching for Catherine Ann Pantry (Balme) | Views : 114 | Replies : 0

common graves

I recently brought through local history society disc on cemetery records(a great source)it mentions common graves,are these the same as paupers graves?i thought paupers names were not recorded.
Read more : common graves | Views : 3460 | Replies : 18

Kent marriage? BROWNING / ?

Have daughter Jane Amelia BROWNING bap 1817 White Chapel Weslyan Sheerness in Kent. Father John Browning mother Peggy ?? (Margaret?) would love any information regarding a marriage between these two if possible or other family.
Jane Amelia married?? Robert Pilkington c1842 in London no sign of that marriage in London records either. thanks
Read more : Kent marriage? BROWNING / ? | Views : 785 | Replies : 8

Was Perrins Longthorn Elizabeth Ellen Taylor's father?

My great grandmother, Elizabeth Ellen Turner, was born in Rossendale, Lancashire in the mid 19th century.
Her mother was Betty Taylor, but Elizabeth was born out of wedlock.
However,Betty Taylor married one Perrins Longthorn almost exactly one year after the birth.
On one census out of all she appears in, Elizabeth is called Longthorn, but on the next one, she is back to Taylor.
Are there any other members of this Turner/Longthorn family around? I ...
Read more : Was Perrins Longthorn Elizabeth Ellen Taylor's father? | Views : 274 | Replies : 2

Boldison Family Tree Boldison Family Tree

Hi,
I'm researching the Boldison side of my family, Charles seems to be a core christian name, any info appreciated on;-

Charles Bolderson / Boldison born c1822, Hull E. Yorks. married Hannah Vitty, 1849 in York. died 1874 in York.
Charles James Boldison born 1860, Old Stranton, W. Hartlepool. married Elizabeth Annie Ettell, 1878 in Leeds. died 1916 in York.
Charles Herbert Boldison, DCM MM. born 1888 York. married Amy Louisa Bean, 1909 in York. ...
Read more : Boldison Family Tree | Views : 135 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, mandy1970, richardrailton1, Yahoo [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 28054 • Total topics 6203 • Total members 22627