It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:01 pm

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

united kingdom death certificates

Does anyone know if UK death certificates issued 1925 would quote deceased's parents names?
Read more : united kingdom death certificates | Views : 264 | Replies : 2

Deciphering Army Records

Evening all,

I've just stumbled across my Gt Grandfathers Navy records, and was wondering if anyone can give me some details on what the records are? I have a PDF of the page in question, if I can post it on here or send it over to someone...?

many thanks
Read more : Deciphering Army Records | Views : 167 | Replies : 1

SAMUEL HUDD 1798, WILTSHIRE

Trying to overcome a rather large brick wall.

I need to find out the parents of Samuel Hudd, born c. 1798, Melksham (possibly Lacock), Wiltshire.

He married Harriet Parker and died in 1867.

According to the IGI there were 2 Samuel Hudds born in 1798 in that area, one with parents Charles Hudd and Millicent (Mellicent) Veltum, and the other parents could be James Hudd and Martha King.

Viewing the 1841 and 1851 Censuses as ...
Read more : SAMUEL HUDD 1798, WILTSHIRE | Views : 188 | Replies : 0

Researching family outside of the UK

Afternoon all,

I was wondering if anyone could possibly point me in the right direction in regards to searching for BMD's when they are outside of the UK.

My Maternal grandmother was born in Rotterdam, and have only got limited info on her parents, with limited family resource being able to go any further back than this.

Also, my paternal Gt Grandfather was born in Japan, and know next to nothing about him, his parents ...
Read more : Researching family outside of the UK | Views : 358 | Replies : 4

Thames Barge Ancestors

Hello

I'm looking for any information on my thames barge ancestors. The surnames are Saunders, Coker and Paine and they sailed and owned thames barges throughout the 1800's. They were based around Battlesbridge in Essex and some of the barge names were Hope, Maid of the Mill, Joseph & John and Echo. I've also been told of a book/pamphlet called "The Cokers of Greenhithe" which was all about my ancestors but I've been unable to ...
Read more : Thames Barge Ancestors | Views : 967 | Replies : 6

TIMOTHY HANNAN TIMOTHY HANNAN

HELP!!

I've lost an ancestor!!

Can anyone suggest any ideas to find Timothy Hannan?

He was born in Chesterfield, Derbyshire in 1856, son of John and Ann Hannan (sometimes Hannon)

He is with us on the 1861,71 and 81 census.
MISSING in 1891.
Back in 1901 living with his brother and sister in Chesterfield aged 45 yrs old, he is single and works as a railway carriage painter.
MISSING in 1911.

I have searched high ...
Read more : TIMOTHY HANNAN | Views : 171 | Replies : 0

Medaglia al Valore Medaglia al Valore

My grandfather (2nd Battalion Scottish Rifles) was badly wounded at Neuve Chapelle in 1914. Among his medals is the Italian medal - Al Valore Militare. It is the only one of his medals that does not have his name on it . I can't find out why he was awarded it and what it was awarded for!!
Read more : Medaglia al Valore | Views : 114 | Replies : 1

Louis Isaacs

I'm trying to trace any records that are available on my gt gt grandfather Louis Issacs.

I have only been able to find him on my gt grandfather's (Harry Isaacs) marriage certificate which said that he was a "Commercial Traveller". I do not know the name of his wife (it is possibly Adelaide, but again there is no record of it), I only know that he had three sons, including Harry, and a daughter who ...
Read more : Louis Isaacs | Views : 135 | Replies : 0

Henry Morley 1757 - where do I go now?

Hi,
I'm hoping that someone could help me!
After years of researching my Morley history, i'm now at a complete standstill :(

Another lady who I met through my researching this family has been working alongside me, in another part of the country, and we've steadily pieced together out ancestors whereabout and verified we've had the correct line along the way.

The last person, furthest back, in ...
Read more : Henry Morley 1757 - where do I go now? | Views : 283 | Replies : 2

Caroline/Elizabeth Vallance

Does anyone know if it was easy to assume someone elses name between 1910 and 1930?

My grandfather Thomas Young married Elizabeth Amy Manning (I have a copy of the marriage certificate) in Croydon and they had 3 children, the last of who was born in 1908.

On the 1911 census my grandfather, three daughters appear along with a Caroline Young who he married 2 years before. They proceeded to have a further 12 children, ...
Read more : Caroline/Elizabeth Vallance | Views : 376 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], coopernicola, peter kent, Yahoo [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 29987 • Total topics 6523 • Total members 23351