It is currently Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:03 pm

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Help with tracing Irish BMD of Ancestors from 1800s

It is difficult to find BMD in Ireland can anyone advise what is the easiest way to find them ?
Regards,
Heppsy
Read more : Help with tracing Irish BMD of Ancestors from 1800s | Views : 652 | Replies : 3

Irish Watchmaker in Lurgan, Northern Ireland 1830s +

Can anyone give me information about my Great Great Grandfather Hugh Hall Cochran b 1805, d 1879
he lived in Lurgan,Northern Ireland and later moved to Portadown.
Also I would love to know who his parents were, I think Edward Cochran -Watchmaker in 3, Donegal Street,Belfast was his father, but what was his mothers name?
Also are you related to any of these Cochran's
Regards,
Heppsy
Read more : Irish Watchmaker in Lurgan, Northern Ireland 1830s + | Views : 400 | Replies : 1

Thomas Fisher born about 1808

Struggling to take my great great great grandfather any further back than the 1841 census, pretty sure I've got him and most of his family all the way through to 1881 (then decedents up to now).
As usual the censuses conflict slightly but I'm confident he was born in Dalton Lancashire around 1808, his wife was Ann, born in Mawdesley Lancashire, and they were living in Chorley, Lancashire from 1841 on-wards. On the 1841 census ...
Read more : Thomas Fisher born about 1808 | Views : 2074 | Replies : 6

Bates 1851 / 1861

John Charles Bates , born abt 1830 , married 19 Sep 1852 Tower Hamlets Middx , Caroline Amelia Elizabeth Adamson , b 2 May 1825 St Pancras.
Children : Matilda b 1859 baptized 24 Nov 1867 Holy Trinity , Mile End Old Town / Frank Charles b 1863 bap 26 Feb 1865 Holy Trinity MEOT / Fanny Charlotte b 1865 bap 26 Feb 1865 Holy Trinity MEOT/ Martha b1867 bap 24 Nov 1867.

I cannot ...
Read more : Bates 1851 / 1861 | Views : 1498 | Replies : 8

RIECKEN - Tower Hamlets

Johann Heinrich (John Henry) REICKEN, b. Germany abt 1848/9 and a Baker married (1) Franziska Bruckner in 1880, and (2) her sister Charlotte in 1889. We have found the family on 1891, 1901 and 1911 censuses. Have also found refs in electoral rolls and school registers for the children. This leads me to think they probably only had 3 different addresses:
1883 on: 181 St Leonards Road, Bromley
1891 - 1899: 94 Devons Road
1900 ...
Read more : RIECKEN - Tower Hamlets | Views : 966 | Replies : 7

Help about WW2 medal...

I have just received my Grandad's service records, including the following entry:

Medals and Decorations, Clasps and Annuities
M PS. 28.2.50
1939 - 45 WAR MEDAL

The blue writing appears to be pencil (for the "M") and pen for the "PS". and date.

Does this indicate that the medal was claimed? When my granddad died, his daughters helped my grandma sort his possessions, and there was no medal. They never saw a medal at any ...
Read more : Help about WW2 medal... | Views : 398 | Replies : 0

help

can anyone help me find william gardiner daniels parents he was born in norfolk in 1816
;)
Read more : help | Views : 298 | Replies : 0

German death certificates and burial records

Would like to find out how to obtain a German Death Certificate?

Barbara Hauser (nee Hug) died 1899 Freiburg, Breisau
If I can find the burial records this would be a bonus
Any suggestion please

gen2
Read more : German death certificates and burial records | Views : 661 | Replies : 1

Help with Irish Records on Find My Past

This is a very cheeky question, but is there a kindly soul with a full FMP subscription that could check and copy the transcription for "Amee Constance King" who died in 1913 in Ireland? My library access doesn't allow me to see the Irish records unfortunately, and this is the only Irish record I need to check.

http://www.findmypast.co.uk/search/world?FirstName=amee&FirstName_variants=true&LastName=king&EventYear=1913&EventYear_offset=1913&Region=Ireland&Keyword=

Thank you in advance to whoever is able to check this for me.
Read more : Help with Irish Records on Find My Past | Views : 393 | Replies : 2

Cogar birth certificate

Hi to everyone out there.
I'm new to the site and would love help with a "brick wall" ...

My great great grandfather Frederick George Augustus Cogar was born in Worthing in 1858 or thereabouts, but I have had no luck finding a birth certificate for him. He was living in Worthing aged 3 according the 1861 census, boarding with a local family -the Dunfords.

According to the 1871 census he is aged 13 and ...
Read more : Cogar birth certificate | Views : 3642 | Replies : 38

Login  •  Register

Registered users: AdrianB38, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], JaneyH, Yahoo [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 48114 • Total topics 9067 • Total members 30110