It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:23 am

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Christiana Julia Carrick - Canterbury Kent

Hi

I am trying to trace the married name of Christiana. She was born in Canterbury in 1850 to Charles Carrick and Christiana Slann. She married in the 4th quarter of 1872 also in Canterbury but I have been unable to find her married name.

I hope that someone can help!

Many thanks

Judi
Read more : Christiana Julia Carrick - Canterbury Kent | Views : 488 | Replies : 3

John Holmes,Pateley Bridge

Can anybody help with a brickwall I've hit with John Holmes
The 1871 census has John Holmes born abt 1839 ,Patleley Bridge,miner, married to Catherine ( I think nee Lightowler) living in Mickletown ,Pontefract.
The 1881 census has John Holmes born abt 1837, Adle,miner,married to Mary (she was Bilton formally Clarkson)
The 1891 census has John Holmes born abt 1839,Pateley Bridge,miner, married to Mary A
I have purchased the birth cert of Arthur Holmes my ...
Read more : John Holmes,Pateley Bridge | Views : 1873 | Replies : 4

STEAD or STEEL

Have got a 'STEEL' GRO-REF. Marrying in 1933. Her Daughter b.1932 is registered Marlene 'STEAD' STEEL the Locations = PICKERING and I have no age to go on here. I can track re-marries of later each registering the previous Spouse which helps. I have searched free-BDMs to no avail so must buy that first known GRO but, suspecting that STEEL is a married name in with STEAD as NEE, can anyone suggest a way of ...
Read more : STEAD or STEEL | Views : 265 | Replies : 0

brick wall

Hi

I have hit brick wall with my grandad. I have his wedding and death certificate, but cannot find his birth certificate. he was born around 1892-95, apparently in the Shrewsbury area, I have searched all avenues i know. has any one got any helpful ideas?

many thanks

alex.t
Read more : brick wall | Views : 4141 | Replies : 28

William Williams

Just on the off chance someone may have William Williams born about 1817 in their tree, I have been researching him in new zealand he came here in 1865, on the Louisa and I have no idea where he was born, he married Mary Hill nee newton a widow 1873 , he said he was a widower when they married, in 1879 they are before the magistrate, it seems he still had a wife in ...
Read more : William Williams | Views : 780 | Replies : 0

Dorothea Jones

I'm trying to find a Dorothea Jones in my somewhat extended family! She lived in St Thomas Road, Preston in about 1950, and worked at Seimens (I think in the progress department?) She would have been born about 1930/31. I can't find her marriage anywhere, so I don't know whether she is still alive or if indeed she had any children. Any help much appreciated!
Read more : Dorothea Jones | Views : 572 | Replies : 2

James Henry Saviel James Henry Saviel

Hi everyone I would like to know if anyone has any information on James Henry Saviel who was married in India in 1838. I would like to know when he was born .

Yoursfaithfully,

George T Saviel
http://gtsaviel.blogspot.com , http://savielfamilyhistory.blogspot.com.

22 March 2011 :D
Read more : James Henry Saviel | Views : 211 | Replies : 0

Holroyd family

I have been searching for Sarah Holroyds death for a long time, and must have purchased almost every death certificate for the years between 1841 and 1845. In 1841 at sandbach, congleton, Cheshire, she appears with her husband Isaac Holroyd aged 30 Blacksmith and her children Ann age 4, Alice age 3 and sarah age 9 months at this stage sarah Holroyd is age 25. This is the last time I can find her as ...
Read more : Holroyd family | Views : 392 | Replies : 3

Coalmining Records

My familiy were coalminers in the Nuneaton/Coventry area (1850 onwards) and lived at Hartshill just outside Nuneaton. Does anyone know if there are accessible employment records for the area so that I can find out which mines they worked at?
Read more : Coalmining Records | Views : 322 | Replies : 1

Marriage of Storkey

I am trying to find the parents of my Gt.Gt. G/father Benjamin Storkey, and their marriage record.
Benjamin was born in Pebmarsh, Essex late 1829, parish records show parents as Susanna and Harry Starkie. Harry is listed as born in Chediston, Suffolk. Benjamin had sister Charlotte born Pebmarsh 1819 parents Susan and Harry Starkie . Harry is listed as born in Pebmarsh but on her marriage certificate father is listed as Henry Storkey. On Benjamin's ...
Read more : Marriage of Storkey | Views : 219 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Registered users: beamac91, Bing [Bot], GolfLimaTango, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], katetaubman

Statistics

Total posts 36776 • Total topics 7614 • Total members 26790