It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:34 pm

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Kew "Burnt Records"

I have found mention of my relative - Frederick Richard Alexander of the Royal Sussex Regiment - on the Kew Burnt Records list WO363/A193 or A227 and wonder what that is likely to mean. Is it worth making the trip to Kew to see this material - will there be any legible record matter or not?
Read more : Kew "Burnt Records" | Views : 664 | Replies : 6

Old Photographs places Sussex

Hi,

I have traced my family, Watford, back to 1595 and have found it totally absorbing.

However I would now like to find photographs of where they lived. I am a subscriber to the WDYTYA magazine and I am sure there was an article about tracing old photographs but cannot remember which issue it was in.

Can you help please?

The properties are all in Sussex and include

The Union Workhouse Uckfield, 2, Bay Tree ...
Read more : Old Photographs places Sussex | Views : 209 | Replies : 3

George Percy Hammersley

Hi George Percy Hammersley is my Great Grandfather. I can find his marriage to Lydia Cecil in West Ham December 1900. He is on the 1901 census, but gives no place of birth. and lists his profession as a carpenter. On the 1911 census he is a steward at the Cobham Club in Kensal Road London,also living at the premises, he gives his place of birth as Finchley. I can find his death in Kensington ...
Read more : George Percy Hammersley | Views : 161 | Replies : 2

Michael J O'Neill - BIRTH

Hello everyone!
How are you all? I'm having a bit of trouble with my Maternal Grandfather, Michael John O'Neill. I cannot for the life of me find his Birth Record and it is made harder by getting different stories by my relatives. One minute he was born in Malta, then in Ireland and so on. But my theory is, is that he was born in Plymouth, Devon, England. He was born in 1931. His father, ...
Read more : Michael J O'Neill - BIRTH | Views : 211 | Replies : 2

Hammersley and certificates

I am trying to frind Where George Percy Hammersley was born,from what I can find he was born in 1878, but I dont know where. I can find his death 1936 Kensington, his marriage to Lydia Cecil in West Ham December 1900. According to the 1911 census he was born in Finchley, but i can find no trace of him. On the 1901 census his place of birth is blank. I have tried everything I ...
Read more : Hammersley and certificates | Views : 226 | Replies : 4

Roy Smith

I am looking for information on my grandfather Roy Smith. He was born on 12.11.1930 in sandwich in Kent. I know he had an elder brother called Alan, but lost touch with him. My Grandfather was brought up by an aunt. If anyone has any info, please help me. Thankyou
Diana
Read more : Roy Smith | Views : 149 | Replies : 0

Josef Leonz Meier (in Tagerig, Switzerland)

Dear All, I am lookinf for the Meier family in Tagerig, Switzerland. Josef leonz was born on 22.2.1780 and died 29.1.1851. He married on 28.7.1806 to maria Anna Grendelmeier b. 1793 and d 1854. They had 4 children. My husbands family come from Josef Leonz Meier Jr b1808, then there are Johannes b.1848, Anna Salomea b.1817 and Kaspar b.1820. Of the last three we know nothing at all. Any details would be very welcome. The ...
Read more : Josef Leonz Meier (in Tagerig, Switzerland) | Views : 157 | Replies : 0

Phoebe Shipman

Dear All, I am looking for Phoebe Shipman, who married George Lemay. They had daughters . One named Eliza Lemay b1878, and two daughters named Phoebe B 1884, The second was Phoebe caroline b 1885. I am looking for information about Phoebe Shipman, any siblings and parents ect.
Thankyou
Diana
Read more : Phoebe Shipman | Views : 194 | Replies : 2

Adrien Lamy

Dear All, I am looking for information on Adrien Lamy, born about 1700 in Walincourt, nr Cambrai in france. he was married to Marie Lemaire and had a son Also named Adrien. What I want to know is who were Adrien's parents. Thankyou
Diana
Read more : Adrien Lamy | Views : 168 | Replies : 1

Robert Wells Honnor/ Edward Honnor

Dear All, I am looking for Edward Robert Honnor, My 2x Gt grandfather. His son was Robert Wells Honnor born in 1856/7 in London. I think Edward was born in 1837 in the city of London, but know nothing else about him, Please help me if you can, Thankyou. Diana
Read more : Robert Wells Honnor/ Edward Honnor | Views : 350 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Registered users: AdrianB38, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Siann

Statistics

Total posts 30168 • Total topics 6546 • Total members 23404