It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:42 pm

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Olive Coe

Olive Coe born in 1908 in Rollesby, Norfolk, does anyone know if Kate Coe who was in the same house in the 1901 census, was Olive's mother, they both have the same surname, they are down as boarders at a house in Great Yarmouth, owned by John Robert Buck. :D
Read more : Olive Coe | Views : 191 | Replies : 1

missing burials and head stones

St Pauls church Hyson Green Nottingham was closed down several years ago,the parish was joined with St Stephens church,i have been trying without sucess to locate the burials and headstones which were removed when the church was converted into flats,the internal burials were also removed so i have been told.I have been down all the obvious routes with no sucess at all,they must be somewhere as i am sure they wouldnt have just been disgarded.anyone ...
Read more : missing burials and head stones | Views : 315 | Replies : 4

Edward Hassett

I am looking into Edward Hassett, born in 1912 in Cork, Ireland, if there is anyone with any information, thank you. :D
Read more : Edward Hassett | Views : 211 | Replies : 1

Indian Marriage

Hi Sylvia Please could you have a look at Henry Wilhelm Roger Bond and suggest perhaps what I do next Thanks
Read more : Indian Marriage | Views : 87 | Replies : 0

Leonard George Harrison

Hello
Please help!
Leonard or Len Harrison,as he could have been called, was living in Gainsborough in 1911, with his grandparents Charlotte and Thomas Smith. Leonard was born 4th June 1901 in Gainsborough, but his parents lived in Morton nearby.
That is the last I know of him - after searching many records, I don't know where to look next!

Can anyone offer any help please!

Lorraine Osborne
Read more : Leonard George Harrison | Views : 221 | Replies : 0

Patricia Lorraine Arlotte - 115 City Road, Roath, Cardiff

Trying to trace my grandmother, have her name on my mum's birth certificate but no records anywhere online! Can anyone help?

Thanks
Read more : Patricia Lorraine Arlotte - 115 City Road, Roath, Cardiff | Views : 356 | Replies : 4

School for the blind

My great, great grandfather went to a blind school in 1860's. He became an Organist and his only job during his life was playing an organ. In the Show about Martin Freeman on 6/11/2009 blind schools were described and in the forum topics discussing Blind Schools it suggests that the records for schools of this type were available and intact. Is it possible for an amateur genealogist to gain access to these records and how ...
Read more : School for the blind | Views : 220 | Replies : 3

major brickwall re husband's paternal line

This is a very delicate subject

My husband is a war baby. His Father was a Canadian serviceman, who returned to Canada after the war, having been badly injured, and left my Husband and his Mother behind. His name does not appear on my Husband's birth certificate, so we have know actual proof that the person we are told is his Father, is in fact his Father.

My husband's mother is still alive aged 91 ...
Read more : major brickwall re husband's paternal line | Views : 562 | Replies : 7

Henry Wilhelm Roger Bond

I found on Family Search christening date for the above as May 1874 Madras ,Tamil Nadu ,India with parents John Henry Bond and mother Rose Margaret. He ended up in Wales and married Rosina Amelia Johnstone in 1896

I found John Henry Bonds birth as Jul 1835 in Madras also with parents John Bond and Anna .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I sent to British Library and have the certificate of Henry Wilhelm Baptisted 1874
His father and ...
Read more : Henry Wilhelm Roger Bond | Views : 1524 | Replies : 11

Burial Places

My grandmother Elizabeth Ward died on 24th February 1910 in London Hospital aged 43 years. At the time the family were living at 25 Grosvenor Buildings Poplar. I have tried without sucess to locate a burial for Elizabeth Ward whether it be in the Tower Hamlets municiple cemetary or All Saints Church the parish in which the family lived. This is connected with the death of my uncle (Elizabeth's oldest son) William John Ward born ...
Read more : Burial Places | Views : 163 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Registered users: AdsBot [Google], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 32177 • Total topics 6849 • Total members 24302