[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /gym_sitemaps/display/display_posts.php on line 64: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'GMT/0.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /gym_sitemaps/display/display_posts.php on line 64: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'GMT/0.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3810)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3810)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3810)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3810)
News of General research queries - Page 273 News of General research queries - Page 273 • Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine | Forum

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:43 am

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

O'Connor family from Liverpool

Hi,

I wonder if someone could offer some suggestions in helping me to find out what happened to a family member - Christopher O'Connor?

Christopher was born in Ireland in 1860 and went to live in Liverpool, with his family, sometime around the late 1860's. His parents were John & Ann O'Connor. I have the census records for the family and Christopher is with them until 1871 when he was aged 11.

The next entry ...
Read more : O'Connor family from Liverpool | Views : 722 | Replies : 2

Aberdeen mystery ancestor

My 2xgreat grandmother, Jane Bane Irvine was (according to shipping records and death cert) born in Aberdeen in 1849. She came to Aust in 1855 with John Irvine, his wife Mary McGowan and her sister?? Elizabeth Irvine. Although the records show her as the daughter of the John and Mary, I have since discovered this was not true. John was born in New Monkland, Lana and Mary in Alloa, Clack. They married in Edinburgh in ...
Read more : Aberdeen mystery ancestor | Views : 347 | Replies : 1

irish genealogy websites

Hello
Can anyone point me towards the best websites for researching Irish church records in County Antrim in the 1700s?
Thank you Sally
Read more : irish genealogy websites | Views : 408 | Replies : 3

Frustrated certificate seeker

I am desparate to obtain a copy of my 2xgreat grandparents marriage cert. I have the Vol. Page Nos., the names, dates and places which I obtained from freebmd and the parish record (of which I have a copy). I requested the certificate from the GRO to be told the reference didn't match. I contacted the GRO again and was directed to Southampton RO who directed me to Hampshire RO who in turn directed me ...
Read more : Frustrated certificate seeker | Views : 843 | Replies : 10

james tuck

I have been searching for the death of James Tuck born 9th February 1873, I think he was still alive in 1934 when his son cecil married in coventry. James lived in royston and was a builder decorator. I have searched up to 1947 when I thought I had found him but no, he would have been over 70 then, has anyone any ideas?

maxine tallon
Read more : james tuck | Views : 581 | Replies : 2

Sapsford wedding

Can anyone help please am trying to trace name of wife of Walter Sapsford born 1849 Bishops Stortford. married Louisa Jane ??????? born 1851 Waltham Cross. there are a couple listed on Ancestry in the banns sections (sorry did not pay for that). Can anyone look up and see for me please.
Read more : Sapsford wedding | Views : 1103 | Replies : 14

No trace on 1911 census

Can anyone help?, I have two people that I can not find on the 1911 census. They are John Lewis and his wife Minnie Louisa (Humphreys), they were married on the 12th may 1902 in the Zion Baptist Chapel, Newtown Montgomershire. John was 22 years old,a farm labourer,Maesmawr, Caersws. His father was Richard Lewis. John is shown as the father on the birth certificate for Eric Holden Lewis in 1912, and on Eric's marriage certificate ...
Read more : No trace on 1911 census | Views : 1311 | Replies : 8

George Reed

Does any one have a marriage certificate fro George Reed born 29/09/1916 in Chobham Surrey. He had a second marriage 11/06/1958 but was previously married. It is the first marrage Im after. His father (John Albert Reed) would have been shown as died. Possible whitness William Reed. I dont have any surname for his first wife. A longshot but someone may have info.
Read more : George Reed | Views : 296 | Replies : 0

Marriage record

Hello,

I have found a marriage certificate for Martha Lingard and Thomas Rudkin... Except Thomas Rudkin is called Thomas Halfpenny....
I think it's the correct one as the place and year are correct and so is Martha's name....

This is the only time he seems t have used this name.... Is it just an error or is it possible he was already married? :?: ...
Read more : Marriage record | Views : 417 | Replies : 4

MARRIAGE SETTLEMENTS / DOWRIES

I have managed to track down a number of wills written by my ancestors during the early to mid 1800,s which have been invaluable in the amount of detail and family information they contain. In one such will dated 1838 my family member bequeathed to each daughter in trust £ 2,500 to be paid to their respective husbands as a marriage settlement. I assume that this must be a dowry? The amount of money is ...
Read more : MARRIAGE SETTLEMENTS / DOWRIES | Views : 387 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 32531 • Total topics 6904 • Total members 24585