[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /gym_sitemaps/display/display_posts.php on line 64: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'GMT/0.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /gym_sitemaps/display/display_posts.php on line 64: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'GMT/0.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3810)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3810)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3810)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3810)
News of General research queries - Page 273 News of General research queries - Page 273 • Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine | Forum

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:19 pm

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Looking for details of my fathers army service Looking for details of my fathers army service

I am looking for any details of my fathers army service. his name Joseph Sinicola born 1907 in Bradford Yorkshire. I believe when he joined up he was in the Warwickshire Regiment stationed at Elmdon Airport. He was later an NCO and interpreter for the army and visited the Italian Prisoner of War Camps around the British Isles. He did not go overseas as I recall.
I haven't been able to find anything.

Thank you.
Read more : Looking for details of my fathers army service | Views : 304 | Replies : 2

Garvin/Campbell marriage certificate

Hi

I need some help researching a part of my family tree.

I can't seem to find any details regarding my great-grandparents marriage.

The details I do know are below

My Grt-grndfthr was ANDREW GARVIN b31 March 1883 d01 July 1956, he lived in and around the Gartcosh area of Lanarkshire/Glasgow in Scotland
My Grt-grndmthr was CATHERINE GARVIN nee CAMPBELL b1892 d1975 who also lived in Gartcosh in Lanarkshire/Glasgow. I can't find any certificate for ...
Read more : Garvin/Campbell marriage certificate | Views : 236 | Replies : 3

weighmasters

Can anybody tell me what a weighmaster,s job would entail in 1850s Dublin. Also, would they call themselves gentlemen if they were filling in anything official?
Read more : weighmasters | Views : 184 | Replies : 2

Prison Photos

I know that my 3x Great Grandfather, Joseph Bellaby, was sentenced to 3 month in prison on the 19 Oct 1835 for Larceny at Nottingham. Would a photograph has been taken, and if so does anybody know where these are held.

Thanks
Read more : Prison Photos | Views : 299 | Replies : 4

O'Connor family from Liverpool

Hi,

I wonder if someone could offer some suggestions in helping me to find out what happened to a family member - Christopher O'Connor?

Christopher was born in Ireland in 1860 and went to live in Liverpool, with his family, sometime around the late 1860's. His parents were John & Ann O'Connor. I have the census records for the family and Christopher is with them until 1871 when he was aged 11.

The next entry ...
Read more : O'Connor family from Liverpool | Views : 736 | Replies : 2

Aberdeen mystery ancestor

My 2xgreat grandmother, Jane Bane Irvine was (according to shipping records and death cert) born in Aberdeen in 1849. She came to Aust in 1855 with John Irvine, his wife Mary McGowan and her sister?? Elizabeth Irvine. Although the records show her as the daughter of the John and Mary, I have since discovered this was not true. John was born in New Monkland, Lana and Mary in Alloa, Clack. They married in Edinburgh in ...
Read more : Aberdeen mystery ancestor | Views : 350 | Replies : 1

irish genealogy websites

Hello
Can anyone point me towards the best websites for researching Irish church records in County Antrim in the 1700s?
Thank you Sally
Read more : irish genealogy websites | Views : 408 | Replies : 3

Frustrated certificate seeker

I am desparate to obtain a copy of my 2xgreat grandparents marriage cert. I have the Vol. Page Nos., the names, dates and places which I obtained from freebmd and the parish record (of which I have a copy). I requested the certificate from the GRO to be told the reference didn't match. I contacted the GRO again and was directed to Southampton RO who directed me to Hampshire RO who in turn directed me ...
Read more : Frustrated certificate seeker | Views : 844 | Replies : 10

james tuck

I have been searching for the death of James Tuck born 9th February 1873, I think he was still alive in 1934 when his son cecil married in coventry. James lived in royston and was a builder decorator. I have searched up to 1947 when I thought I had found him but no, he would have been over 70 then, has anyone any ideas?

maxine tallon
Read more : james tuck | Views : 587 | Replies : 2

Sapsford wedding

Can anyone help please am trying to trace name of wife of Walter Sapsford born 1849 Bishops Stortford. married Louisa Jane ??????? born 1851 Waltham Cross. there are a couple listed on Ancestry in the banns sections (sorry did not pay for that). Can anyone look up and see for me please.
Read more : Sapsford wedding | Views : 1111 | Replies : 14

Login  •  Register

Registered users: AdsBot [Google], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Mellie

Statistics

Total posts 32581 • Total topics 6911 • Total members 24631