It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:42 pm

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Trouble finding a marriage...

Hi all,

I have for some time had major problems finding a marriage date and death date for one of my 4x Great Grandparents, Abraham Snow (1813 - 1886) and Ann Elizabeth Delamore (1818 - ?).

With Ann E Delamore, it has been further troubled due to the fact that the only possible evidence of birth was for an Ann Elisabeth Dillimore (I know that there can be issues with name changes, etc).

I was ...
Read more : Trouble finding a marriage... | Views : 587 | Replies : 4

Need help to trace Nan's history.

Hi all.

I started to trace my family history, however, my parents don't have a lot of information and I have ben relying on searching records to go back.

I have come across a major issue/concern. My nan (my father's mum) kept a book listing her marriage date etc so I started with their wedding certificate and got a copy to move on to the cenus and go back.

Nan to me was Florence Faith ...
Read more : Need help to trace Nan's history. | Views : 3206 | Replies : 13

Unnamed Child's Birth Certificate for a twin who died?

I originally placed this in the magazine feeback section as it originally started out as a topic regarding a letter in the magazine about stillborn births, but by the time i had finished typing it became more of a request for help - therefore i have moved it here. So here goes again:-

On tracing the children of my 4x Great Grandfather, Benjamin Farmer, in Brecon, i found and acquired the birth certificate of his ...
Read more : Unnamed Child's Birth Certificate for a twin who died? | Views : 735 | Replies : 4

Can you find this family in 1891 ?

I have my (ancestral) family on the 1901 census but I can't find them on the 1891 census hence my family tree has been stuck for many years ...... so I would love somebody to solve this one for me after all these years !

I've listed the family as it appears on the 1901 census below. Address was 116 Corocketts Lane, Handsworth, West Bromwich.

Before looking, please note that the parents were William YOUNG ...
Read more : Can you find this family in 1891 ? | Views : 446 | Replies : 2

Dorothy Job(P)ling 1811-

Have a marriage for Dorothy Job(p)ling to George Russell (Raffell) 1 Nov 1829 at Rainton Chapel (West Rainton) Durham, her father Thomas Jobling.
Also have a baptism for a daughter Dorothy Raffell in 1833 same place, address Middle rainton
After that nothing, all 3 disappear, can anyone help?
The 1841 census record for George and Dorothy Russell at Ingoe, Stamfordham-Castle Ward district is not them. Dorothy in this record was formerly Dorothy Robson.
Dorothy Jobling's ...
Read more : Dorothy Job(P)ling 1811- | Views : 781 | Replies : 5

Muddyman family.Aston prior to 1876

Hello,
I am trying to find out information about my great great grandfather ,Charles Henry Muddynan fron Aston Birmingham Prior to 1876
I believe Aston has now been absorbed into Small Heath area.I would dearly love if someone had any old photos/and or info about the area around the time frame above.
Am also, hitting "brick wall', in regards to Sedan terrace ,would this have been a row of house or a separate street?
I ...
Read more : Muddyman family.Aston prior to 1876 | Views : 702 | Replies : 1

Frances Marion Christian Shimmin

Frances, my Dad's sister, was born December 16th. 1887, Stanley Road Pell Isle of Man, to parents Philip and Catherine Shimmin (Kewley).
I know about her 2nd. Marriage to Philip Henry Quayle Peel, 20th, June 1916, when she is shown as Frances Clarke, widow.
I have been unable to trace the first marriage (to unknown Clake, pre 1916), or to locate her on 1911 census.
I would really appreciate any help with either, or both, ...
Read more : Frances Marion Christian Shimmin | Views : 1349 | Replies : 6

Burnet or McBurnie?

My six times great grandfather Roger Burnet, who died in 1816, lived most of his life in a small village in the Scottish Borders called Torthorwald. However, whilst the parish burial register notes his name as Burnet, his marriage entry, and the baptism register entries of his eldest children, record the surname as McBurnie. I've checked that we're talking about the same people. Why would the surname change? Is there a known interchange of the ...
Read more : Burnet or McBurnie? | Views : 370 | Replies : 2

Salford in 1901 Query

I wonder if anybody can help me please with a query that centres on Salford in 1901.
My Great x 2 grandfather George DEAN born about 1860 in Liverpool appears on the censuses (or is that censii...) in Liverpool from 1861 to 1891 with his wife Louisa (Cowley) and family
In 1901 he is not with his wife in Liverpool but I found him (or at least somebody with the same name etc.) in Salford ...
Read more : Salford in 1901 Query | Views : 1782 | Replies : 5

Lavinia Bowra and Richard Paul

Looking for the marriage details of Lavinia Bowra born abt 1816 and Richard Paul born abt 1816 (Surrey)
They appear in the 1841 census living in Bermondsey and I assume married abt 1834 the eldest child Lavinia was born in 1836.

Any info on both GT GT GT grandparents would be greatly appreciated

Laura
Read more : Lavinia Bowra and Richard Paul | Views : 783 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Registered users: AntonyM, Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 44999 • Total topics 9676 • Total members 29678