It is currently Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:46 am

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Coming from Ireland

Hi to all who are reading.

I am doing some research for a friend and I know that her father born 1916 was illigitiment. She knows that the father was an Irishman from Liverpool with the surname Trainor (spelt that way in a newspaper clipping) however the article did not mention a first name. Looking at the 1911 Census I have found a possible match although I know this is something that can never be ...
Read more : Coming from Ireland | Views : 749 | Replies : 2

I cant find my great great grandfather I cant find my great great grandfather

My grandad was william george synes born in wales in 1926, his dad was william james synes born 1901 in Alton. And his father who I cant find much about was William george synes born 1873?. I have found William george in the 1901 and 1911 census but cant find any info on him before that, I cant find him on previous census records or a birth certificate can any one help. I have a ...
Read more : I cant find my great great grandfather | Views : 327 | Replies : 0

French medal research help needed please

My grandfather 3592 Pte Bert Blows was awarded the Medaille d'honneur de l'assistance publique for his RAMC work in st Omer in WW1 I have contacted France to find out more but alas they cannot help me, can anyone else suggest where I go from here or who else to contact?

Regards

Liam
Read more : French medal research help needed please | Views : 1128 | Replies : 2

The Greets Inn - Landlords The Greets Inn - Landlords

I believe that one of my ancestors was landlord at
The Greets Inn at Warnham in West Sussex.

I have been in touch with the pub but they don't have a list of past landlords.

How do I get confirmation that a
Gutsell was landlord there ?

Their website is :-
http://www.thegreetsinn.co.uk/index.php

Read more : The Greets Inn - Landlords | Views : 1876 | Replies : 10

birth george brooks

I have found George Brooks on the 1911 census aged 3 born in Bethnal Green, however I have searched 1907,1908,1909 births and cannot find him. I have ordered several certificates which have all proved wrong. His father was Cornwell Brooks and his mother Mary Ann Messer, in 1911 they were living in Cheshunt Herts and Cornwell who was a Police Officer died later that year. They married in Paddington and I have searched Births around ...
Read more : birth george brooks | Views : 570 | Replies : 2

Wilson link with Brady of Fenditton and Thorne

I am looking for Ian Wilson.

Please can you or any of your readers help me to make contact with an Ian Wilson, who, in January 2001, posted a message in Ancestry, seeking information about the Brady Family of Thorne, Yorkshire. In particular, he said that Thomas Brady, married to Mary Reeder, owned Waterside House, a Dutch-gabled style house at Fen Bottom, Cambridgeshire (I think this would be Fen Ditton).
(Note: Mary’s maiden name was ...
Read more : Wilson link with Brady of Fenditton and Thorne | Views : 1321 | Replies : 1

East Sutton Park Borstal 1961-1962

Does anyone know how we find out where someone was sentenced from? We are trying to trace a Barbara May Franklin who was born 5/11/1940 and was in Borstal 1961-62 when she agreed to her son being adopted. Up to that point she had lived in London all her life but in a broken home, so possibly a series of addresses. We can find no birth certificate the only evidence of where she was apart ...
Read more : East Sutton Park Borstal 1961-1962 | Views : 918 | Replies : 4

son of swedish King emplpoyed by the Wilson line ?

Hello

I am researching the family of the swedish Actress Emilie Högqvist 1812 -1846 (no relative of mine ) a famous actress in her time and mistress to king Oscar I 1799-1859 (king 1844-1859)
she and her relatives had some connections to England
One of their 2 sons was

Hjalmar Fransson-Högqvist 1839-1874

he married Emile Amalia Hafström 1838- from Gothenburg they had 2 daughters

The young family settled on manor in the province of Västergötland ...
Read more : son of swedish King emplpoyed by the Wilson line ? | Views : 1404 | Replies : 5

Dyke House, Heugh, Stamfordham

I am trying to find out details of Dyke House which was owned by the Thompson family from dates I know of 1811-1842 when Edward Thompson put it up for sale. I have contacted the Land register Office and they say they have no information at all!
Can anyone help me with any information of where I can find further info or who I can contact? I had always thought there would have been records ...
Read more : Dyke House, Heugh, Stamfordham | Views : 485 | Replies : 1

Grandmother

My Grandmother was Mary Elizabeth Fletcher and she married my Grandfather Wilfred Percy Walker on the 26th Dec 1928, my Grandmother was aged 23 years ( the certificate does not give a Fathers name ). Sadly she died 22/12/1932 aged only 28 years. Mary married and died in Derby but this all I know about her, I can not find a birth or any other information. I would be very gratefull for any help and ...
Read more : Grandmother | Views : 1403 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], cheapthe, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 40800 • Total topics 8229 • Total members 28492