It is currently Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:27 am

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

In search of living relatives? Foot & Sargents.

I am looking for any living relatives of two of my Great, Great Grandparents.

Firstly, I would like to see if there are any relatives of Richard Marshall Foot, born 1836 Falmouth, Cornwall- died 1913, Essex who was married to Emma Norton born 1848, Walton on Naze, Essex.
They had five children, Arthur Frederick Foot - my Great grandfather, William Foot, Lilian Emily Foot, Ethel G Foot and Daisy Emma Foot.
I would like to ...
Read more : In search of living relatives? Foot & Sargents. | Views : 1658 | Replies : 0

ROONEY JOHN

I try to trace ROONEY John born 12.07.1855 Killasnet, Leitrim, Ireland. He married in 1896 I think in Bromley Greater London Catherine Mary ROBINSON born 1864 in Co Dublin (but exactly where ?), she died in septembre 1927 in Bromley Greater London.

Thanks for your help. Pascal
Read more : ROONEY JOHN | Views : 780 | Replies : 2

HUGHES Thomas born 1821 Llanfairpwllgwyngyll Wales

Hi, I'm tracing from France HUGHES Thomas ancestors. He is born in 1821 Llanfairpwllgwyngyll. His father is John born in 1791 Llanrhyddlad his mother Elizabeth.

He is married with Margret ? He could be dead in 1926. T

They have had 12 children found in the census 1841 Llanrhyddlad.

I trace her daughter Mary born in 1864 Llanfairpwllgwyngyll married with HIGHAM Josehp born in 1865 Hulcote Norhamptonshire (I've traced the HIGHAM family).

Thanks for your ...
Read more : HUGHES Thomas born 1821 Llanfairpwllgwyngyll Wales | Views : 1455 | Replies : 1

George James Maguire, cricket bat maker

My ancestor George James Maguire was born c. 1826, in either Walworth or Camberwell, Surrey, according to his census entries. I have not been able to find his baptism record, nor any record of potential siblings or parents.
On the 1841 census he is known as James Maguire and is an apprentice cricket bat maker, living with the Page family of cricket bat makers in Lambeth, Surrey. I cannot find him on the 1851 or ...
Read more : George James Maguire, cricket bat maker | Views : 2192 | Replies : 4

Death in Wandsworth Prison 1882

My ancestor Henry Hoskins died in Wandsworth Prison on 12 November 1882. A tailor by trade, Henry normally resided in Charlton (near Greenwich) with his wife Margaret. He was at home for the 1881 census.
Henry's death certificate states that he died "of natural causes" and states there was an inquest held on 17th November 1882. He was buried in Plumstead Cemetery, near to his home address.
Some years ago I employed a professional researcher ...
Read more : Death in Wandsworth Prison 1882 | Views : 1045 | Replies : 2

Finding Parents

I am trying - unsuccessfully! - to trace my paternal Grandfather's family.

His name was Lesley PROUDLEY Rigby.
On the 1911 census he is living with his Grandfather - Jabez Proudley in Belton, Lincolnshire. Jabez had a daughter - Christiana - who may or may not have been my grandads mother. On her marriage certificate she signed herself as Christiana Rigby....but struggled to spell "Rigby" leading me to doubt that it was actually her name. ...
Read more : Finding Parents | Views : 2120 | Replies : 9

Seeking Laura Wilson

Laura Wilson was born 4th March 1864 at 5, Richard Street in the sub-district of Poplar. Her parents were Joseph Wilson a journeyman boiler maker and Eliza late Farndon formerly Goddard.

Laura went on to have a daughter Eunice E about 1889 in Leicester, as Eunice is 12 on the 1901 census. At that time Laura, Eunice and Joseph were living in Browning Street, in the parish of St Mary's in the municipal borough ...
Read more : Seeking Laura Wilson | Views : 1019 | Replies : 2

William Benjamin Home-Gall

I'm trying to find out exactly where William ('Willie) Benjamin Home-Gall fits into my tree. He was born in Hong Kong in 1861. (Where can I see details of baptisms of British nationals in Hong Kong to see the name of his parents?) His father died when the ship The Champion sank. I have not been able to find a list of those on it. (If I could, I'd be able to see his father's ...
Read more : William Benjamin Home-Gall | Views : 1676 | Replies : 5

Charles O'Neill

I'm doing my family tree but I am stuck in finding information about my gt gt grandparents.Charles O'Neill was bought in 1854 in Cork,Ireland I think and died in 1933.He married Catherine born in 1853 in Ireland and died in 1911,that's all I know about her. Does anyone have them in their trees or know where I can research the Irish records please?
Thanks
Read more : Charles O'Neill | Views : 3657 | Replies : 7

Industrial schools

I was wondering if you could get any information on the St Vincents roman catholic boys industrial school in Dartford, Kent, my great uncle was there in the 1891 census, he was born in Deptford, London circa 1879, John Richard Egan. Cannot trace him after 1891, was wondering what usually happend to the boys when they left the school, any info would be most welcome, thankyou.
Read more : Industrial schools | Views : 567 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 44219 • Total topics 9300 • Total members 29529