It is currently Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:19 am

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Ethel Conington

Hi

Has anyone come across ETHEL CONINGTON b Dec 1905, she was the illegitimate daughter of MINNIE CONINGTON and came from the Stamford area of Lincolnshire. MINNIE married in 1913 a WILLIAM THOMAS HILLIAM and had 7 children, all born in Stamford, sometime after 1923 the family moved to AMPTHILL in Beds where most of them lived, married, had children and died. Would love contact with someone researching CONINGTON and HILLIAM families.
Read more : Ethel Conington | Views : 263 | Replies : 0

RC Irish Parish Records in Dublin

Is there anyone who is in Dublin that could get me a photocopy of a marriage reg. of Edward Mathews and Mary Martin at St. Mary's.
The record info is: Book Number Page Entry Number Record_Identifier
N/R N/R N/R DU-RC-MA-60098

I can get a transcription from irishgenealogy.ie but I would really like a copy of the actual document.

Also,
Can anyone tell me how I can prove this is the marriage for my 3x great ...
Read more : RC Irish Parish Records in Dublin | Views : 461 | Replies : 1

RC Irish Parish Records in Dublin

Is there anyone who is in Dublin that could get me a photocopy of a marriage reg. of Edward Mathews and Mar Martin at St. Mary's. The record info is: Book Number Page Entry Number Record_Identifier
N/R N/R N/R DU-RC-MA-60098
I can get a transcription from irishgenealogy.ie but I would really like a copy of the actual document.

Also,
Can anyone tell me how I can prove this is the marriage for my 3x great ...
Read more : RC Irish Parish Records in Dublin | Views : 281 | Replies : 0

Stephen TOLHURST - with the Canadian Governor General 1851?

From the 12 children's names gleaned from a family bible many years ago, I've managed over the years to track down much of my TOLHURST family based in Hastings, Sussex, both following siblings forward through time to see chances in fortunes and travels across the world, and back to James TOLHURST born 1736 son of John and Ann.
I suspect the bible belonged initially to my 3rd great grandfather Stephen TOLHURST, the 8th child of ...
Read more : Stephen TOLHURST - with the Canadian Governor General 1851? | Views : 2330 | Replies : 12

John Pauling

I have been trying to trace the death of John Pauling of Oakley Bucks. He married Ann Messer in 1846 and had two sons William and Emmanuel born 1847 and 1850 respectively. On 1851 census Ann is living in Oakley with her father and children and listed as married, in 1861 she's still with her father and listed as a widow. I can't find John Pauling on either census and presume he died between 1851 ...
Read more : John Pauling | Views : 1232 | Replies : 6

Newcastle criminal's on line

The Daily Mail have run a story today about a new on-line resource being set up by the Tyne and Wear Archives and Museums service. It's worth a look at the article - even if you don't have ancestors who may appear in the line up, the photos are wonderful.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... asion.html
Read more : Newcastle criminal's on line | Views : 625 | Replies : 2

On line records for Tasmania

Hello everyone

I am trying to research a friend's family, some of whom went to Tasmania in the 1960's as £10 Poms.

I have been unable to find any online records of their arrival, subsequent marriages, deaths, where they lived etc.etc.

Do such records exist?

Rita
Read more : On line records for Tasmania | Views : 1823 | Replies : 12

My great grandmother

This may be a long post so apologies! It concerns my biggest brick wall my great grandmother.
This is what I know:
Clara (Annette) Beaumont born 16 Mar 1867 in Holborn London. The date is taken from her gravestone.
She married my great grandfather William Somervail Smith 10 Mar 1891 Lambeth register office, father given as William Beaumont cabinet maker (deceased).She gives her name as Clara Annette Beaumont, resident 14 Lansdown Road Clapham.
The 1891 ...
Read more : My great grandmother | Views : 4227 | Replies : 20

William LaFayette Oran

I'm trying to find my great-great-grandfather William LaFayette Oran's parents. The earliest record I can find for him is the 1870 Census for Meigs County Tennessee. He is listed as William L Orrand born in 1849 in North Carolina. The record for his wife Susan and daughter Mary have been switched with the wife and child of the person above him. He married Susan McCracken Kelsay in 1868 in Washington County Tennessee. The 1870 and ...
Read more : William LaFayette Oran | Views : 468 | Replies : 0

help please....william reynolds

hia im hoping someone will be able to help me further, this is one i have posted on other forums and although i have had great help its still a mystery, here goes.....my great grandad was william reynolds 1877-1959 cardiff. he was born as william reynolds carney and it was a massive task to find and confirm this, anyhow my query is who was his dad and where did the name reynolds come from, on ...
Read more : help please....william reynolds | Views : 1947 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Beejay6, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], sdup26, Yahoo [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 43234 • Total topics 8606 • Total members 29245