It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:22 am

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

SAMBROOK, JOHN b 1935

I am hoping to make contact with the descendants of John M. SAMBROOK born Sept Q 1935 or his sister Ann E. born Sept Q 1938.
They are the children of my Dad's half-brother Arthur William Fricker Sambrook b 12.10.1907 died 1970.
Their mother is ELizabeth Mary DAVIS b 1910. Arthur and ELizabeth married 31 Jan 1931 at Lambeth Reg Office. Our common ancestor is Arthur's mother Louisa Beatrice Alice FRICKER who was widowed before ...
Read more : SAMBROOK, JOHN b 1935 | Views : 238 | Replies : 0

Certificates from the USA

I have a relative who died in the States in 1960.

Can I get a copy of his death certificate and his will as I could if he died in the UK, and if so, how please?
Read more : Certificates from the USA | Views : 373 | Replies : 2

PUCILL

I am trying to trace my 4 x Great Grandfather John Pucill who i believe was born approx 1772. As far as i can see his children (including my 3 x great grandfather James) were all born in and around the Poplar area of Middlsex to John and his wife Charlotte.

However i cannot find any record of John's birth. From the records i have looked at it appears that the Pucills seem to be ...
Read more : PUCILL | Views : 176 | Replies : 0

Please help with my missing family !

I have my family for definite on the 1911 census, namely ..........

YOUNG, William 1856 Head Machinist England Birmingham
YOUNG, Elizabeth Wife 17 years 1863 England Birmingham
YOUNG, Edward Son 1896 Sawyer Wood England Birmingham
YOUNG, Arthur Son 1898 School England Birmingham
YOUNG, Beatrice Daughter 1899 School England Birmingham
YOUNG, Thomas Son 1904 School England Birmingham
YOUNG, George Son 1908 England Birmingham

I have four of the children's birth certificates and I know that mother ...
Read more : Please help with my missing family ! | Views : 1144 | Replies : 17

Finlay Jackson, fisherman born Argyllshire, Scotland 1851

I am hoping that somebody can help me with one of my most stubborn brick walls. I have posted this query on various genealogical website forums (RootsChat, TalkingScot etc) and also tried to solve it through Ancestry. I am keeping my fingers crossed that somone out there may have the individual I am looking for in their family tree.

Finlay (sometimes 'Findlay') Jackson was born in Kimichael, Argyllshire, Scotland in 1851. He was one of ...
Read more : Finlay Jackson, fisherman born Argyllshire, Scotland 1851 | Views : 205 | Replies : 0

Earl Fitzwilliam-Wentworth-Coollattin Irish Estates

I am looking for someone who watched the UK Who Do You Think You Are program where
the Wentworth Fitzwilliam Estates in Ireland "Coollattin" were referred to. My English cousin Mavis watched the show and knew about the estates as I had been researching them in Ireland to
find my husband's family from the Estate. It was found his ancestor had gone from the Wentworth Estate in Yorkshire-just outside Sheffield to the Estate in Ireland. ...
Read more : Earl Fitzwilliam-Wentworth-Coollattin Irish Estates | Views : 626 | Replies : 0

Census Query

Hi

Having looked up My grt x2 Aunt's 1911 Census Return she is listed as a GFS Lodge Matron, although I have looked into this I still have no idea what the GFS stands for.

Any ideas, would be very grateful

Thanks

Gemma
Read more : Census Query | Views : 276 | Replies : 2

joseph savage b.approx.1756

Can somebody please help.I have hit a brickwall with the above.I cannot prove his DoB,probably
Bermondsey/southwark,or names of his parents.Father is probably also Joseph,as son refers to
Joseph jnr.on a marriage form.Many thanks!
Read more : joseph savage b.approx.1756 | Views : 324 | Replies : 0

Births in Scotland Births in Scotland

I am trying to trace the births in Scotland of two grand uncles but haven't been able to find any record so far.

My great grandfather Robert Ross was in the Seaforth Highlanders and was discharge in 1898 at Inverness.

The next record we have found is the 1901 Census in Ireland where he is living with Irish wife Katie/Catherine Fegan (1870-1925) and four children in Donaghcumper, Kildare. The first two were born in Ireland ...
Read more : Births in Scotland | Views : 624 | Replies : 4

Chelmsford

My grandfather lived in Chelmsford and was born in 1899. By the time he was 16 both of his parents had died and he lived on the streets and slept 'over the rope'. I know what that means but can anyone tell me where this rope would have been and what his life would have been like? He worked at the Hoffman's factory and re-located to Stonehouse in Gloucestershire sometime before 1945. Any information about ...
Read more : Chelmsford | Views : 156 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 34505 • Total topics 7174 • Total members 25903