It is currently Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:30 am

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Help with Hanway / Fitton

Please can anybody help me with this problem.

I am researching a branch of my Hanway family. The person I am looking at is Henry Hanway who appears on all census from his birth until his death in 1893 except the 1881 census.

Henry married an Ellen Fitton in 1870 and they had two children, Sarah Ellen and James Henry.

An Ellen Fitton with two children named Sarah Ellen and James Henry appears on the ...
Read more : Help with Hanway / Fitton | Views : 414 | Replies : 2

How do I find info on my ancestor who was a barber in York? How do I find info on my ancestor who was a barber in York?

Hello,
The only ancestor I've found in my family (who wasn't a minor!) was my great grandfather Frederick Stephenson (born 22nd May 1897 - died 10th June 1981). He was born, lived and died in York and owned his own Barber shop. This was his occupation for the whole of his life but i'm really struggling to find any information on him with regards to his business. I've heard of Kellys Directory and Wills and ...
Read more : How do I find info on my ancestor who was a barber in York? | Views : 300 | Replies : 2

polish records

I am trying to find out how i can get a birth certificate for someone born in Poland Katowice
around 1924, he married in england, have his marriage cert but no real help.

I need to get his birth details, can anyone give me any help please

DEbs
Read more : polish records | Views : 274 | Replies : 1

Sheffield Inquest - How do I get the details?

Does anyone know how I can obtain information on an inquest from 1918?

I have a death certificate for Mozes Beneventi, who may or may not be Muritz Benavente.

The certificate shows a male, 56 years old who lived at 79 Clough Road, Sheffield and was a musician. Muritz was male, 56 years old, lived in Sheffield and was a musician! Unfortunately the informant on the certificate is not a relative. The informant is J ...
Read more : Sheffield Inquest - How do I get the details? | Views : 914 | Replies : 4

MY GT.GT. GRANDFATHER AN IRON PUDDLER

WILLIAM RAYBOULD b. 1853 Quarry Bank was an Iron Puddler. In 1891 until his death in 1911 he lived in Stockton on Tees with his wife Jane nee Jones. I believe this was his second marriage as his first wife Elizabeth Bembridge died in 1884. I can find no record of his marriage to Jane Jones. On the census she has said that she was born in Wolverhampton - but I can find no record ...
Read more : MY GT.GT. GRANDFATHER AN IRON PUDDLER | Views : 708 | Replies : 1

WW1 Army Records

WILLIAM RAYBOULD b. 1898 in Stockton on Tees served in the Kings Own Yorkhire Light Infantry during the first world war. He served throughout the whole of the war. His records appear to have been amongst those lost but I would like to know where abouts in France etc. he was during the war years. I have his service no. 38898 - and he received the Victory and British War Medal. Can anyone please help.
Read more : WW1 Army Records | Views : 802 | Replies : 5

Meadows family Titchmarsh

I am looking for the baptism for a Samuel meadows born 1770 in Titchmarsh Northamptonshire.
He married a Sarah and had all his children in Titchmarsh. But I can't find any records of them being here prior to 1800.
Are there any Meadows in surrounding villages before 1800?

Are there any bishops transcripts out there to search?

Thanks wendy.
Read more : Meadows family Titchmarsh | Views : 1255 | Replies : 3

Catholic Records Birmingham

Still trying to locate the marriage cert for Thomas Vann & Mary Cronin. Does anyone know if there are any RC records kept separately in Birmingham? Have looked in most areas with no success. Of course there is always the possibility that they didn't get married but I have a hunch they did. First child Thomas Jerome born in Birmingham in 1891 & Thomas Vann born in Aston in 1869 so am presuming that's where ...
Read more : Catholic Records Birmingham | Views : 679 | Replies : 4

Ball Family Devon

Am trying to trace the family of Jane Ball believed to have been born c 1801, possibly Bideford but that hasn't been verified. Married John Shepherd on 3 March 1829 at Yealmpton (confirmed by Yealmpton Marriages 1813-1837 provided by Devon FHS). Any help much appreciated!
Read more : Ball Family Devon | Views : 653 | Replies : 7

Paralysis

My grandfather died in 1885 of 'Paralysis' Can anyone through any light on what this actually was? Was it a stroke of some kind or was it a general term to camoflage something more sinister?
Read more : Paralysis | Views : 322 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], weddingsatin, Yahoo [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 35173 • Total topics 7295 • Total members 26119