It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:13 pm

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Jersey Births, Marriages and Deaths

I need help. Does anyone know how to access the B.M.D. registers for Jersey on the Internet.
Thanks Pauline
Read more : Jersey Births, Marriages and Deaths | Views : 868 | Replies : 2

The Wedding of a SNELL.

I have searched for well over a year now, without any luck. Can anyone find any details of a WEDDING of a Claudia Snell, b 1885 in Cornwall getting married BEFORE 1910 please? I know she was married in Canada cira 1915, but I think she may have been married before.
Read more : The Wedding of a SNELL. | Views : 140 | Replies : 1

marriage 'by banns'

On January 16th 1843 Joseph LUNT and Margaret BOWYER were married in the church of Witton in the county of Chester. The certificate says that the marriage was solemnized by banns. Can any one explain what this means. I beleive they could be methodists or lutherans.
Thank you
Read more : marriage 'by banns' | Views : 680 | Replies : 4

Missing Uncle

Robert Cairns Galloway b.1909 in the Willington Quay area of Northumberland has dissappeared (Alien abduction?) I was told he died quite young but I am unable to find out a date of death or anything else.
He was adopted at a young age when both my Grandparents died in their early thirties, whether this was an official adoption or unofficial as in my Mother's and my Aunt's case I don't know.
Any help will be ...
Read more : Missing Uncle | Views : 362 | Replies : 4

an inquest in the family, Swansea, 1902

I've just found out that my g g grandad Hyam/Hyman Rosenberg, a glazier originally from Poland but living in Swansea, died in March 1902 from gangrene caused by blood poisoing after cutting his finger on glass. The death certificate says there was an inquest and gives me a date - 16th March, but the writing is not very clear. What I'd like to know is whether it is possible to obtain records or any information ...
Read more : an inquest in the family, Swansea, 1902 | Views : 588 | Replies : 5

Great Grandmother's Name?

When my Gt.Grandmother married my Gt.Grandfather Robert KNOTT in 1896 she gave her maiden name as Ellen Florence AITKEN and all her married life she signed her name as "Nellie" F.KNOTT on birth and marriage certificates of her children but I have never been able to find her birth registration. Then, in 1940 her youngest son got married and the marriage certificate was witnessed by Eleanor Elizabeth KNOTT a name never previously mentioned, and "Nellie" ...
Read more : Great Grandmother's Name? | Views : 450 | Replies : 3

deciphering medal index cards

Hi

Any experts on deciphering medal index cards about? I can see that my great grandad (Harold Goldsworthy) had the Victory Medal and the British War Medal from his card, but he also has 2 other medals. There are things written on the lines beneath the standard medsls listed, but I can't work out what they might say. At least one of them is probably to do with the Territorials.

Here's what they sort of ...
Read more : deciphering medal index cards | Views : 405 | Replies : 2

Help with my Irish Roots Help with my Irish Roots

I started my family history journey in 2004 because my Mother always told us when we were growing up that our Grandmother's grave was in The Windmill Cemetery Coventry. I moved 5 doors down from the cemetery in 2004 so decided to find the grave and pay my respects to the Grandmother I lost 2 days before my 1st birthday. I found it within an hour but it didn't say what I expected it to ...
Read more : Help with my Irish Roots | Views : 212 | Replies : 0

Moy newspapers

I know my great grandparents Henry and Margaret Davies were drowned in the river Moy, in Northern Ireland, on 4th May 1911. I understand it was an accident and they were on the way home from a party! That is the family story anyway. I cannot find any coroners report. Can anyone suggest a local newspaper for me to contact that might have a report in it?
Thanks
Annie
Read more : Moy newspapers | Views : 183 | Replies : 0

PLEASE HELP

hello,

i was wondering if anyone could help me i am trying to reseach my family more and as far back as possible i do not have contact with anyone in my family hence asking for help.
My mothers name is Tina marie pizzey i am her oldest child born in 1984 i think my mum was born 1966 in lancashire she married my step dad mark mussell around 1985 i belive they had a ...
Read more : PLEASE HELP | Views : 359 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Registered users: AdsBot [Google], Bing [Bot], Blueglory1505, Google [Bot], jonbauckham, Yahoo [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 31667 • Total topics 6759 • Total members 24015