It is currently Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:35 am

News News of General research queries

Site map of General research queries » Forum : General research queries

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Looking for Looking for

:roll: I wonder if anyone can help I am looking for a Henry Storer born 1865 to A Jospeh and Elizabeth Storer I can not find Henry with Elizabeth in the 1871 census. or Henry at all. I believe they were in London as Henry was born in Paddington I beleive Jospeh died betwwen 1864 and 1871 so no trace on census with Elizabeth.
Any Help ...
Read more : Looking for | Views : 377 | Replies : 3

Tolpuddle Martyrs

We have a stong family story that we are related to the Tolpuddle Martyrs through my Sinnick or Harris relatives in Dorset but I have not found the connection. Can anyone help please. Joy23
Read more : Tolpuddle Martyrs | Views : 1365 | Replies : 4

Navy deserter

I would like to know what happens with Navy deserters, how long they are "wanted" by the Navy, and whether there is any way of getting details of their departure, and whether they were ever captured.

One of my relatives deserted his British ship in Australia in the early 1950s. He wrote one letter to his family shortly after to explain that, as a deserter, he was a wanted man, but he had a job, ...
Read more : Navy deserter | Views : 639 | Replies : 1

James Moxey

1861 Census
Looking for James Moxey B 1829 Gloucestershire
Married Ann B 1831 Warwickshire
Children Elizabeth B 1848 War
William B 1853 Staffs
Ephace B 1858 Staffs
Ann B 1860 Staffs
Cannot find any reference to the family in the 1861 Census
Read more : James Moxey | Views : 631 | Replies : 5

Burial search in Sturry Parish Council, Kent

Hi,
I don't know if anyone can help me. I am trying to find the grave of my ggrandmother Lucy Violet Fleming who died on 27/2/1959 in Sturry, Kent. Sturry Parish Council have a flat charge of £30 whether they find the record or not. I was wondering if anyone knew where else I could try to obtain the informtion. I've been happy to pay for searches before, but this seems an excessive charge, especially ...
Read more : Burial search in Sturry Parish Council, Kent | Views : 474 | Replies : 3

Ancient order of Foresters/Thomas Brunton Craft

I am tryng to find out information on The Ancient order of Foresters' as I have hit a bricj wall
This concerns our Great Grandfather Thomas Craft (c1860) 1932d in Cambridge
Thanks Janet Craft
jandon2@tiscali.co.uk :D :D :shock: ...
Read more : Ancient order of Foresters/Thomas Brunton Craft | Views : 469 | Replies : 1

Help with OPR Birth writing !

Hello,

I would be very grateful if anybody could kindly help me to read the attached birth entry from 1711 !

It is the birth of Georg McMath in 1711 in the parish of Carriden, Scotland, and although I can make out some words, there are a couple that are a bit tricky!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks,

Emily.
Read more : Help with OPR Birth writing ! | Views : 717 | Replies : 6

SAMUEL GODFREY help....

Hi,

I have been doing some research on the 1911 census, and have been unable to find my great great grandfather Samuel Godfrey who was born in 1865 in Islington, London. He and his family are on the previous census', I know that his wife died in 1908 two years after my great grandfather Robert was born.

After some initial research there is a Samuel Godfrey on an incoming passenger list from Philadelphia in 1919 ...
Read more : SAMUEL GODFREY help.... | Views : 367 | Replies : 3

Augusta Leahy

We are having terrible trouble finding anything about the origins of AUGUSTA LEAHY, who is my husband's great-grandmother.

An Augusta Leahy appears in the 1881 census as a servant in Lincolns Inn Fields, aged 17. We cannot confirm that this is the same person of course because there are no other family members.

We have a marriage certificate of 1886 when she married Arthur Tuvey and gives her age as 22. Her father's name is ...
Read more : Augusta Leahy | Views : 1073 | Replies : 10

online records for Switzerland

I am trying to find Miss Marie Louisa Buret who was born in La Coudre Neu Chatel Switzerland in 1884.
I don't have a clue how to go about doing online searches in Switzerland. Can anyone help me?
In about 1900 she went to South Africa and apparently worked at the Mount Nelson Hotel.
Read more : online records for Switzerland | Views : 324 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Yahoo [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 33407 • Total topics 7032 • Total members 25193