It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:04 am

News News of Other TV and radio programmes

Site map of Other TV and radio programmes » Forum : Other TV and radio programmes

From Heir Hunters to Wartime Farm, this is the place to discuss other genealogy and history programmes

New series on BBC1 Daytime - Family Finders

Did anyone else watch this new series on BBC1 daytime?

I caught it on i-player by chance so gave it a go. It's obviously the BBC's attempt to jump on the band wagon after the success of ITV's Long Lost Family.

I thought the reunions themselves were touching but other than that is seemed very amateurish after the slick performance of Nicky Campbell and Davina McCall on ITV.

Like any programme of this nature, and ...
Read more : New series on BBC1 Daytime - Family Finders | Views : 5315 | Replies : 1

WDYTYA - USA - RITA WILSON

Just watched the Rita Wilson (Tom Hanks wife) episode.

It kept me captivated and made me shed a few tears.

Based in Greece & Bulgaria.
Read more : WDYTYA - USA - RITA WILSON | Views : 1038 | Replies : 0

WDYTYA - Australian 2014 series

We have already had 3 episodes of this year's Australian WDYTYA series. The first, featuring Andrew Denton, was excellent - he carried through his professionalism as a presenter and interviewer, into his role as the subject of the investigation. He has an interesting mixed Catholic and Jewish history with his Jewish ancestor leaving Poland for London in the 1880s. Other descendents were sent to the death camp at Treblinka in WWII.
Last week's episode was ...
Read more : WDYTYA - Australian 2014 series | Views : 5530 | Replies : 10

WDYTYA 2014?

Last year the TV series of WDYTYA started in July.

Have I missed something or am I correct in thinking there has been no mention of a series this year?
Read more : WDYTYA 2014? | Views : 1437 | Replies : 2

Britain's Oldest Family Businesses

Present-day members of Britain's oldest family businesses get a WDYTYA-style unravelling of their forebears' story. Three episodes beginning on Wednesday 15 January 9pm BBC4.
Read more : Britain's Oldest Family Businesses | Views : 4702 | Replies : 2

Coming Home - new series

A new series has just begun of of "Coming Home" - The BBC Wales series which gives a WDYTYA-style treatment to celebs with Welsh Roots. The new series is on Fridays 7.30pm on BBC 1 Wales (Freesat channel 964, Sky 952, Virgin Media 862, BBC IPlayer http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03kkf0w). The new series features: 29 Nov - actor John Rhys-Davies; Dec 6: Paralympian Tanni Grey-Thompson; 13 Dec: Shakin Stevens; *MONDAY16 Dec*: John ...
Read more : Coming Home - new series | Views : 3362 | Replies : 2

Susan Swingler

Not really a genealogy program, but Richard Fidler has 'Conversations" every weekday morning at 11am for an hour - that's Sydney, Aus time :) Today I listened to his conversation with Susan Swingler:
Susan Swingler's story of her father Leonard Jolley, and his wife Elizabeth Jolley, and the complex web of deceit they perpetrated.
You can, I hope, find it here: http://www.abc.net.au/local/sites/conversations/. There are so many lessons ...
Read more : Susan Swingler | Views : 1543 | Replies : 0

Finding Your Roots

Has anyone had a chance to watch 'Finding your Roots' on PBS America? You need satellite or cable to get the channel (it's 166 Sky and 243 on Virgin) but it's definitely worth having a look at if you've got it. It's very much routed in American history and uses DNA testing as part of its approach - but it's still family history!

Sarah
Read more : Finding Your Roots | Views : 1983 | Replies : 3

Heir Hunters - New Series

There is a brand new series of Heir Hunters scheduled to start on Monday 4th March 9.15am BBC1, looking forward to it, Michael Fish turns up later in the week!

Rita
Read more : Heir Hunters - New Series | Views : 4339 | Replies : 7

Find my Past repeated on TV tonight

It appears that the latest series of Find My Past is being shown again tonight at 9.00 on the Yesterday Channel so if, like me, you missed any episodes and want to catch up now's your chance.

Only thing that spoils it for me is the exremely irritating Chris Hollins.
Read more : Find my Past repeated on TV tonight | Views : 1504 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], facecheap, gardener48, Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 52386 • Total topics 10282 • Total members 30837