Switch to full style

It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:45 pm

News News of Photo identification

Site map of Photo identification » Forum : Photo identification

Have you got problems identifying people or buildings in a photograph? Share your photo queries with other users

SAGE photo from Bristol

Hi,

This photo was sent to me by an American cousin and we think a member of our SAGE family of Bristol. It was taken/ printed by Villiers and Duick, 57 Park Street who were listed 1879-1912 but the clothes they are wearing look older than this.
Can anyone help date this photo for me?
Thankyou

local://146/50FCF71B22A94FAC8434DEAB611690D5.jpg
Read more : SAGE photo from Bristol | Views : 1658 | Replies : 2

Photo on glass plate

Hi,
I have the following photo which I'd love to be able to date so that I could work out which generation of my family he is. I think he is likely to be Warwick Matthew James WILLIAMS 1845-1922 or it could be his father John Bray Walter WILLIAMS 1822-1899 Plymouth, Devon.
The image is on a glass plate with a black backing in a small case.
Can anyone help?

local://146/951BBB1F6C49421DBA4A4981D641E242.jpg
Read more : Photo on glass plate | Views : 2089 | Replies : 2

dating /identifying photo

hi
i could really do with knowing about what date this photo is, if anyone recognises any of the people that would be a bonus .
thankyou
ladoome

local://124/FCEE00A7AA5E4CA1A931373EEE348157.jpg
Read more : dating /identifying photo | Views : 1716 | Replies : 1

Second World War Photo

This is a picture of my father and his brother at some point during the second world war. I am trying to identify the statue and where it is. I believe that they only met a couple of times during those years, one of those occasions was in India. The other was probably in Britain.
I would be very grateful if someone could help.

Elin

local://103/7CF47F8AC5F44E1B9DAF7FBBF6C86ACD.jpg
Read more : Second World War Photo | Views : 1652 | Replies : 3

Royal Visit to a Scottish Shipyard

I have found this photo of my great grandfather meeting the King and Queen - but it could have been before they became the King & Queen. I do not know where it was taken or when. All I know is that my Great Grandfather - John Napier - lived in Clydebank, Scotland and was born in 1892 and died in 1945.

If anyone can help me date this photo and tell me ...
Read more : Royal Visit to a Scottish Shipyard | Views : 2025 | Replies : 3

Dating Carte de visite

For some time I have been trying to date a photograph (and assess the age of the gentleman). So far all the indications are that it is much earlier than I was hoping it would be therefore disproving my theory that it is my grandfather.

So I would appreciate any opinions at all. The card is 63mm by 104mm about 2mm thick and the picture 57mm by 90mm. The paper pasted on the card is ...
Read more : Dating Carte de visite | Views : 1553 | Replies : 1

Another Uniform Photo

Having been helped to identify my great uncle's uniform from an old photograph, this one is of my wife's great grandfather, William Lilley. He was baptised in 1839 at Hinton Admiral which was then in Hampshire but redrawn boundaries now places the tiny village in Dorset.

We have him in the 1841 census and are currently checking out an index entry for 1851. He then seems to disappear in 1861 and 1871, but reappears in ...
Read more : Another Uniform Photo | Views : 1839 | Replies : 2

WW1 Photo

This is a picture of my great uncle, Arthur Stump Lewis, taken around 1915. My family do not have a military history but Uncle Arthur, like so many others, was called up during World War 1. He was born in 1896 and died in 1980. Apart from his wartime service he spent most of life living near Malmesbury, Wiltshire.

However, there are several WW1 veterans listed at National Archives under the name 'Arthur Lewis' or ...
Read more : WW1 Photo | Views : 1912 | Replies : 2

help uploading photo using a mac

Does anyone know how to upload a photo using a Mac with Safari browser? After choosing the photo, a message says there was an error in saving file to disk. It is a jpg file. Please help.
Marcia Connors
Read more : help uploading photo using a mac | Views : 2570 | Replies : 3

Red River Co TX Williams Alexander Family 1910

William Price m Martha Williams Alexander in 1883 Red River Co TX. The photo is after the funeral of Wm Price, circa 1911-1920. It includes James E Alexander b Red River Co TX and wife Sallie Anderson of Cumberland Co KY. His mother is Martha or Mattie Williams Alexander Price, dau of Syntha Ann. The two children are Marvin Elmore and Trudie Alexander. Can anyone tell me who William Price or Martha Williams are? Or ...
Read more : Red River Co TX Williams Alexander Family 1910 | Views : 1486 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Geoff_T., Google [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Majestic-12 [Bot], Templ4r

Statistics

Total posts 63682 • Total topics 12679 • Total members 6098