It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:22 am

News News of Photo identification

Site map of Photo identification » Forum : Photo identification

Have you got problems identifying people or buildings in a photograph? Share your photo queries with other users

Can you age my photo from Botts Green

Dear All

I have recently managed to obtain a copy of a photograph which I believe may be my ancestors. Can anyone help with the age of the photograph and does anyone recognise the building in the background. I know that the family were from the Botts Green/ Neither Whitachre area originally, or pehaps you may recognise someone in the photograph.

If it helps I believe that my Great Great Great Greandfather William Smith may ...
Read more : Can you age my photo from Botts Green | Views : 1267 | Replies : 2

Building ID

Can anyone help identify this photo which belongs to my grand mother's photo album? She hasn't a clue as to what the building is or when, where or who took the picture. It was probably taken in the Dewsbury, Middlestown or Netherton area in West Yorkshire. There is a notice board in the foreground but I am unable to read it. A rough date of when it was taken may be helpful.

local://320/B3769D2C1FD141938C53A377FD381115.gif
Read more : Building ID | Views : 1043 | Replies : 0

Help needed to identify a medal

I need some help identifying a medal and I wondered if anyone here could help me. The medal was given to my mother with three others, two belonged to my grandfather (her father) and one to my great grandfather (her grandfather). I had no touble identifying the three but the other one is a mystery. This is a description, I haven't got a photo of the medal as yet:

Ribbon: vertically striped, the outside stripes ...
Read more : Help needed to identify a medal | Views : 2851 | Replies : 4

WHAT REGIMENT

This is a photo of my grt grandfather Frederick William Fletcher born 1880 living in Snodland kent. I'm desperate to find more info especially as on the back of the photo is written fred with his dog in bermuda apparently the dog was killed by a native and fred then killed the native and did a runner to the U.S. (he did return to the uk) I have no idea of even what dates he ...
Read more : WHAT REGIMENT | Views : 1431 | Replies : 1

Can anyone help identify motorbike

I know this is a long shot but can anyone tell me anything about the transportation in this picture - I think the photo is probably pre WW1 - the man driving was born in 1860 - anyone know what the bike/'bathchair' might be?!

The driver was an engineer so I guess he could have built it himself or at least adapted it to carry his wife on the front?

Rob

local://236/2B953AAB9B304B258DC5912F3221F4D8.jpg
Read more : Can anyone help identify motorbike | Views : 2801 | Replies : 7

Please can you date this photo?

Hi, this is my first post here, hope I do it right! I think this photo is of my 2 x great granddad, Andrew Shaw. What I would like to know is a possible date for it so I could tell his age. He was born in 1841 and died in 1908. It's difficult to tell how old he is - could be 20s, 30s or 40s.
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff162/diggerdi/AndrewShawyoungbw.jpg

This other photo is definitely Andrew in ...
Read more : Please can you date this photo? | Views : 1645 | Replies : 3

WWI Photo - Which regiment?

Attached is a photograph of my great grandfather William Spence taken in 1916. He was born in Cloughfold, Burnley on the 6th November 1877. He moved to Bispham near Blackpool, Lancashire around 1912 and lived with his wife Sarah Elizabeth and father-in-law at 38 Hesketh Avenue. We are trying to identify his regiment from the uniform and believe he served on the Somme. Unfortunately he never discussed the war to his daughter and are now ...
Read more : WWI Photo - Which regiment? | Views : 1300 | Replies : 1

Family Heirloom Mysteries Answered!

Got an old watch from the depths of time? A piece of jewellry with a hidden past? Furniture handed down from generation to generation?

In the magazine's Q&A section, we run a Family Hierloom identification service run by former Sotherby's head of Jewellery and now director of Corfield Morris Fine Art & Antique Advisers, Martyn Downer.

If you have any old family items that you've always been curious about or you think have an interesting ...
Read more : Family Heirloom Mysteries Answered! | Views : 2069 | Replies : 4

Please please help date these photos!

Can anyone help me? I have few relatives left who are able to identify the people in these pictures so if anyone can date them for me I may have a better chance at putting names to faces! Many thanks!
x

local://206/BB12D57AA9F84978AB578DC7FA358875.jpg
Read more : Please please help date these photos! | Views : 1843 | Replies : 3

Beach House Hotel, Deal, Kent

This photo shows a dining room and servants at the Beach House Hotel in Deal. It may have been a Temperance hotel and both my grandfather and great-grandfather, James and Samuel Robinson Jefferson were proprietors there for some time.

I would welcome any information about the hotel and its staff around the late 1800's, early 1900's but would specifically be interested if anybody is able to put a date on this photograph. I'm guessing the ...
Read more : Beach House Hotel, Deal, Kent | Views : 3676 | Replies : 7

Login  •  Register

Registered users: aquaticbanana, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Feedfetcher

Statistics

Total posts 63572 • Total topics 12666 • Total members 6117