It is currently Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:57 pm

News News of Feedback

Site map of Feedback » Forum : Feedback

iPad App for magazine gets stuck

Does anyone else who reads the magazine on the iPad app ever have a problem where the magazine just gets stuck on a particular page? I've had the problem a few times where on one or more pages everything just freezes and I can't expand the page or make it turn around to landscape. When it's happened before I've got out of it eventually, but I've now been stuck on page 74 of the Essential ...
Read more : iPad App for magazine gets stuck | Views : 389 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Magazine feedback

My cousin is not my ancestor

At the risk of sounding like a pedantic grump. ....

I turned to the September issue's "My Family Hero" and as soon as I saw the phrase "My Victorian Ancestor", my heart sank. Because I knew what was coming next... Twice in the headings we are told that Louisa Twining is James' ancestor. And then in the text we are told that James is a cousin of Louisa several times removed. Then she's not his ...
Read more : My cousin is not my ancestor | Views : 529 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Magazine feedback

WDYTYA Magazine September 2014

Having just received my copy I would like to make two comments:-

I notice that there is no reference to the Register of Corrected Entries in the article on Scottish research which expand BMD certificates, especially death records and can add a lot of information to the original certificate. I would also like to say that the Act of Union between England and Scotland was not 'with the consent of the people' of Scotland (at ...
Read more : WDYTYA Magazine September 2014 | Views : 241 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Magazine feedback

Validation of message subject

We have just had a couple more instances of people apparently writing all their message in the subject line. I guess it must accept it on screen but then truncate it before storing in the forum.

No idea whether the issue is with the mobile app or the browser website.

Can I suggest some validation is put in to stop people typing beyond the limit? As it happens, not afterwards.

Sent from my GT-I8190N
Read more : Validation of message subject | Views : 527 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Technical help

more notice of web chat

It would be very helpful if we could have a little more warning of a web chat. I had a look on Tuesday afternoon to see if there was one on Friday, only to find that it had already happened.

When is the next one due please?
Read more : more notice of web chat | Views : 228 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Magazine feedback

WDYTYA forum app

I have already posted this on the technical forum, but now I think it might be better here. Sorry for the confusion.

I am a bit of a computer dunce, so please bear with me.

I have an android tablet and I have tried many times to download the WDYTYA forum app. It appears to download successfully each time, but I cannot open it.

I just get the tree picture, which looks ok but I ...
Read more : WDYTYA forum app | Views : 214 | Replies : 0 | Forum : App support

Android App

I am a bit of a computer dunce, so please bear with me.

I have an android tablet and I have tried many times to download the WDYTYA forum app. It appears to download successfully each time, but I cannot open it.
I just get the tree picture with the green background, which looks ok but I cannot do anything else. I have uninstalled and re-installed it about a dozen times now.
I must get ...
Read more : Android App | Views : 313 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Technical help

Can't change password

I am trying to change my password. I click on "Edit account settings" and it gives me a page not found error.

ucp.php?i=profile&mode=reg_details

Please fix this!
Read more : Can't change password | Views : 216 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Technical help

CD ROM

Hi this might be an old question. I gave the research a rest for couple of years, now I have more time. I have tried to install the 2006 cd rom, it installs, but wont start saying it has compatibility problems with windows 7.
Is there anyone who has solved this problem, which I cant believe is restricted to me.
regards
John
Read more : CD ROM | Views : 227 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Technical help

HELPFUL REPLY:OLIVER MOLESWORTH COUGHTON & BIRMINGHAM.

Thank you very much to Catherine WILLIAMS for coming up with several useful ideas (pg 45 Issue 90) regarding my problem, aired in 'You're the Expert' in Issue 89, last month.

My original question was actually a little more full, as I sent it in to the Q&A pages. It read in part '....Their children were all Christened at the New Meeting House in Moor Street, Birmingham, which makes tracking them reasonably easy. However, Marriages ...
Read more : HELPFUL REPLY:OLIVER MOLESWORTH COUGHTON & BIRMINGHAM. | Views : 300 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Magazine feedback

Login  •  Register

Registered users: AdsBot [Google], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], hassamal, irishstreetlad, Yahoo [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 34029 • Total topics 7108 • Total members 25679