It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:54 pm

News News of Feedback

Site map of Feedback » Forum : Feedback

Genealogy on the Go Article June 2014 Issue

I've just read the article in your latest magazine about genealogy on the go. You mention that with the Ancestry App that the downside to it is that you cannot search the Ancestry databases directly and that the App only views the hints indicated by the shaky green leaves.

Well I have discovered that if you select somebody in your tree, so it displays the additional information to the right hand side, then select "Gallery" ...
Read more : Genealogy on the Go Article June 2014 Issue | Views : 233 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Magazine feedback

Duplicate Topic 12 Lamb Lane, Greenwich

I posted a request for help in the General Research Queries forum on Monday 12 May at 5.09 p.m. I checked the following day to see if anybody had replied, I sent a message to JaneyH thanking her for her response. This morning I received via email WDYTYA newsletter and in the "From the forum" saw my request for help, this prompted me to look at it in the online forum.

My query today is ...
Read more : Duplicate Topic 12 Lamb Lane, Greenwich | Views : 132 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Technical help

Attachments missing

I posted a reply email with 2 attachments. In general research
Both showed up ok
When I next went into forum the mail was there but no attachments ?
What have I done wrong ?
Do I repost the attachments or do I do 50 lines by hand or is there a limit
I hope I have not offended anyone.
I was told by phone there was no limits
Read more : Attachments missing | Views : 119 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Technical help

Duplicate Entries

Is it just me or are seeing duplicate entries and also split entries with a different post for each reply. It seems to have been happening since Sunday 11th

Nicola

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
Read more : Duplicate Entries | Views : 192 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Technical help

June 2014 issue: Focus on Criminal records

I am surprised by the articles in the June 2014 edition "Focus on Criminal records" that no mention has been made of the various series of records at The National Archives (TNA), Kew. In particular the records of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP series, some are indexed by surname only or are including in "and another/others" as in the case of Dr Crippen), the HO Office files (series HO), the Prison Commission files (PCOM) ...
Read more : June 2014 issue: Focus on Criminal records | Views : 227 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Magazine feedback

Live web chats

Hi
Who is the guest this week and what type of questions will be required ? Can it be made plain where the post should be, it looks as though questions and answers are being posted on 'Live web chat' that could be in 'General Research'.
Will we get a better response to the posts? It was rather like waiting for the paint to dry on Friday . I was most disappointed not to receive ...
Read more : Live web chats | Views : 200 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Technical help

Accessing original images via FTM 2010

I am using FTM 2010 and I have an Ancestry account.
My problem has only occurred in the last few days.Up to then I have had no problem for years!
When I click to view an original image of say a Census or Baptism record using the FTM I get a BLACK screen. If I click 'Related content' the loading symbol just revolves clockwise 'for ever'!
If I view the index at the bottom of ...
Read more : Accessing original images via FTM 2010 | Views : 140 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Technical help

Unable to change user name

Can someone help me change my user name, please?
Read more : Unable to change user name | Views : 312 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Technical help

Leaflet / catalogue inserts with WDYTYA? Magazine

I've just received the May edition of WDYTYA? Magazine as part of my subscription, which was a Christmas present from my husband. I haven't had a chance to get stuck into the magazine yet, but I feel I have to mention the array of leaflets and catalogues that fell out. There are details of subscriptions to "The Lady" magazine, a leaflet about "how to avoid rising funeral costs" and - best of all - a ...
Read more : Leaflet / catalogue inserts with WDYTYA? Magazine | Views : 417 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Magazine feedback

Availability of digital version to magazine subscribers

I've only just realised you have a digital version. Is it available to snailmail magazine subscribers?
thanks.
Gill McA
Read more : Availability of digital version to magazine subscribers | Views : 218 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Magazine feedback

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Sue Staddon, Yahoo [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 31405 • Total topics 6714 • Total members 23857