It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:33 pm

News News of Feedback

Site map of Feedback » Forum : Feedback

All digital issues just 99p!

For a limited period over Christmas we are running a special offer with all our digital issues just 99p. Time to stock up on some back issues.

Sarah

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
Read more : All digital issues just 99p! | Views : 286 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Magazine feedback

Cannot open Bonus content for issue 77

I have tried to download the bonus content for East Lothian, but it keeps telling me the code is incorrect.
I have used upper and lower case letters exactly as shown.

Lorraine
Read more : Cannot open Bonus content for issue 77 | Views : 162 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Technical help

EMIGRATION FROM ENGLAND TO SOUTH AFRICA

I am unable to find any record of my George Frederick KING family's emigration from Stepney, London, to the Cape of Good Hope some time between October 1845 and August 1847.
I am presently in Surrey on a family visit and plan to visit the National Archives before returning to South Africa in mid-January. Can anyone suggest any resource for me to research?
Read more : EMIGRATION FROM ENGLAND TO SOUTH AFRICA | Views : 269 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Technical help

FTM program query

I run FTM 2006 at present on my XP laptop. I know, they're old, both the FTM and XP! But I want to try to sort out the files on it before I update to a new family history program (and probably to Windows 7 or 8). What I want to find out is whether I can move a large batch of people from one File into an already existing File. I've kept adding people ...
Read more : FTM program query | Views : 209 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Technical help

Datelines on Feedback pages etc.,

Hi as a WDYTYA Forum Virgin,I'm sure the question must have been posed many times in the past ----- BUT here goes---
Why is the dateline formatted as YY. MM DD ?

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
Read more : Datelines on Feedback pages etc., | Views : 194 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Magazine feedback

Parish Registers Online. . .no Durham Records Online?

Well, I was going to add the URL for a Durham resource that I felt was worth adding to the list of sites with Parish Registers Online, but adding the URL is apparently "too spamy for a new user" and I was told to "remove off-site URLs." You can find it by googling Durham Records Online

The site contains millions of parish, census, marriage bonds, cemetery, etc. records from the old County Durham and they ...
Read more : Parish Registers Online. . .no Durham Records Online? | Views : 277 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Magazine feedback

Zinio Subscription

Hi

I am new to the site and the forum.

I live in Australia and they are a bit behind with the editions of the magazine, so I have subscribed to Zinio, I received the first edition December 2013 all good, I have had notification that the latest Christmas edition is available for download, which I have attempted to download but it is stuck at 33%.
Does anyone else use Zinio and are you having ...
Read more : Zinio Subscription | Views : 459 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Technical help

School Registers

This article reminded me of some research I attempted some time ago. I was trying to find my father's school admissions register but unfortunately his school had moved and changed name several times during the relevant period and the admissions registers had been lost. However the school log books did exist and while I didn't find anything about my father I became fascinated with the glimpse into life at that time which was during WW1. ...
Read more : School Registers | Views : 374 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Magazine feedback

Postcards

I was very interested to read the article on postcards in the Christmas issue as I have been collecting postcards of my home town for some time now as so much has changed. I have never come across a postcard photo of any of my family but I did buy a postcard which showed the shop where my mum worked in the late 1950's/early 60's, little interest to anyone else but important to me.

Rita
Read more : Postcards | Views : 189 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Magazine feedback

Opening attachments

I've just logged on after a short absence and while I like the new appearance of the forum I'm finding that I can't access any on the images that people have posted. I get the title and jpg extension, but when I click on it nothing happens. It makes looking at the photo section a bit pointless!
Read more : Opening attachments | Views : 232 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Technical help

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], thobanneells

Statistics

Total posts 28253 • Total topics 6231 • Total members 22667