It is currently Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:13 am

News News of Feedback

Site map of Feedback » Forum : Feedback

September 2014 issue: John Govan "The Big Question"

Have been reviewing the question of what became of John Govan b. 21 May 1725, and have further information to add. The following came from Hodson's "List of Officers of the Bengal Army"
John GOWEN or GOVIN
Major Infantry 1758, transferred from the Bombay establishment in 1758. Promoted Major by Lord Clive and appointed second in command of the Bengal Army & commander of the Bengal European Regiment. Eight captains on the Bengal establishment being ...
Read more : September 2014 issue: John Govan "The Big Question" | Views : 635 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Magazine feedback

October issue 92

Has anyone not received their copy yet?. Mine is late which is very rare.
Read more : October issue 92 | Views : 433 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Magazine feedback

Another Howler!

May I (very) respectfully suggest that you improve on your general level of proof-reading.

The six-page "Around Britain" feature on Somerset includes one page headlined "Archives & Resources for North Yorkshire"! This is just the latest in a long line of editorial errors (I usually manage to find at least a couple in each edition) and does nothing for the integrity of the magazine.

However, I do enjoy the magazine and have been a subscriber ...
Read more : Another Howler! | Views : 353 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Magazine feedback

Topic Reply Notifications

Has someone been tinkering with the website ? I've suddenly started to receive notifications whereas I hadn't been receiving any at all really since just after I joined . Strange - in a good way !

Thanks

Colin
Read more : Topic Reply Notifications | Views : 422 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Technical help

October issue

I was delighted to read the article " The WDYTYA forum solved our Second World War mystery " and to hear that the contact with Julie Clarke has gone so well. A really interesting story and a very satisfying conclusion !

Colin
Read more : October issue | Views : 287 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Magazine feedback

Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Please can anyone tell me which issue of Who Do You Think You Are magazine contained an article on Charles Haddon Spurgeon?
Read more : Charles Haddon Spurgeon | Views : 449 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Magazine feedback

iPad App - word of warning

Just a note of warning for anyone who is using or considering switching to the iPad app for WDYTYA issues. I recently had a problem with the app where certain issues kept getting stuck on a particular page. I sought help for how to overcome this and, in the end, the only solution was to uninstall and reinstall the app. In the process of doing this all the issues were removed and I had to ...
Read more : iPad App - word of warning | Views : 401 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Magazine feedback

Eureka moments!

Hi, we're looking for some more 'Eureka moments' to feature in the magazine. If you've had a great breakthrough in your research and would be happy to appear in WDYTYA Magazine (and can supply a photograph of yourself) then please send me a PM or write to me using the magazine address.

Regards

Sarah
Read more : Eureka moments! | Views : 274 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Magazine feedback

iPad App for magazine gets stuck

Does anyone else who reads the magazine on the iPad app ever have a problem where the magazine just gets stuck on a particular page? I've had the problem a few times where on one or more pages everything just freezes and I can't expand the page or make it turn around to landscape. When it's happened before I've got out of it eventually, but I've now been stuck on page 74 of the Essential ...
Read more : iPad App for magazine gets stuck | Views : 448 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Magazine feedback

My cousin is not my ancestor

At the risk of sounding like a pedantic grump. ....

I turned to the September issue's "My Family Hero" and as soon as I saw the phrase "My Victorian Ancestor", my heart sank. Because I knew what was coming next... Twice in the headings we are told that Louisa Twining is James' ancestor. And then in the text we are told that James is a cousin of Louisa several times removed. Then she's not his ...
Read more : My cousin is not my ancestor | Views : 569 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Magazine feedback

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 35223 • Total topics 7306 • Total members 26137