It is currently Wed May 27, 2015 6:33 am

News News of Feedback

Site map of Feedback » Forum : Feedback

Justice of the Peace (Pedantry)

Great article by Paul Blake in the December issue on Summary Courts. Have to take issue with the proof reading though - there are many Courts, many Justices but only one Peace. Hence we have Justices of the Peace, which should be abbreviated to JsP, not JPs which is Justice of the Peaces!! :)
Sylvia
Read more : Justice of the Peace (Pedantry) | Views : 449 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Magazine feedback

Bonus content from issues 83 & 84

Does anyone have copies of the content from issues 83 and 84 I can have as mine seem to have got corrupted somehow - i can send a pic of the pages from the mags with codes on as proof I am entitled. Especially was interested in the East London content.
Thanks in advance
Read more : Bonus content from issues 83 & 84 | Views : 638 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Magazine feedback

Message when looking at Forum

When I go onto the forum I get the following message:

PHP Notice: in file /index.php on line 116: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'GMT/0.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB ...
Read more : Message when looking at Forum | Views : 763 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Technical help

Transferring info from notebook to MacBook.

I've been working with Family Tree Maker for several years now and I have all my info stored on a Samsung notebook. I have converted the files to Gedcom and stored them on an external hard drive for back-up. Can anyone tell me how to transfer the info onto a MacBook, or even if it's possible? I really don't want to have to start inputting the info from scratch, as there's so much.

Sent from ...
Read more : Transferring info from notebook to MacBook. | Views : 625 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Technical help

September 2014 issue: John Govan "The Big Question"

Have been reviewing the question of what became of John Govan b. 21 May 1725, and have further information to add. The following came from Hodson's "List of Officers of the Bengal Army"
John GOWEN or GOVIN
Major Infantry 1758, transferred from the Bombay establishment in 1758. Promoted Major by Lord Clive and appointed second in command of the Bengal Army & commander of the Bengal European Regiment. Eight captains on the Bengal establishment being ...
Read more : September 2014 issue: John Govan "The Big Question" | Views : 660 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Magazine feedback

October issue 92

Has anyone not received their copy yet?. Mine is late which is very rare.
Read more : October issue 92 | Views : 451 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Magazine feedback

Another Howler!

May I (very) respectfully suggest that you improve on your general level of proof-reading.

The six-page "Around Britain" feature on Somerset includes one page headlined "Archives & Resources for North Yorkshire"! This is just the latest in a long line of editorial errors (I usually manage to find at least a couple in each edition) and does nothing for the integrity of the magazine.

However, I do enjoy the magazine and have been a subscriber ...
Read more : Another Howler! | Views : 380 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Magazine feedback

Topic Reply Notifications

Has someone been tinkering with the website ? I've suddenly started to receive notifications whereas I hadn't been receiving any at all really since just after I joined . Strange - in a good way !

Thanks

Colin
Read more : Topic Reply Notifications | Views : 433 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Technical help

October issue

I was delighted to read the article " The WDYTYA forum solved our Second World War mystery " and to hear that the contact with Julie Clarke has gone so well. A really interesting story and a very satisfying conclusion !

Colin
Read more : October issue | Views : 310 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Magazine feedback

Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Please can anyone tell me which issue of Who Do You Think You Are magazine contained an article on Charles Haddon Spurgeon?
Read more : Charles Haddon Spurgeon | Views : 477 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Magazine feedback

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 35848 • Total topics 7445 • Total members 26384