It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:27 pm

News News of Feedback

Site map of Feedback » Forum : Feedback

Kidderminster Carpet Makers

I was very interested in this article as some of my direct ancestors worked in carpet factories in Kidderminster and looked forward to having a look at the online search from the museumofcarpet.org. I had a look today but unfortunately the online database is still being worked on and they could not give me a definite date when it will be. Watch this space is the message I think.

Rita
Read more : Kidderminster Carpet Makers | Views : 227 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Magazine feedback

Website very slow

Is anyone else experiencing a problem with the site ? For the last 24 hours or so I'm finding that each page takes ages to load. ( I don't have a problem with any other site that I visit and everything else is working normally ). It would be good to know if it's just me !

Thanks

Colin
Read more : Website very slow | Views : 647 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Technical help

More spam

Kitchen design in Lancashire, in Genealogy chat.

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
Read more : More spam | Views : 157 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Spam messages

Can't access account settings

I would like to change my password but there seems to a problem preventing me from doing it.

When I click on the "Edit account settings" link inside the control panel, the browser pauses briefly and then says:

"The webpage at http://www.whodoyouthinkyouaremagazine.com/user has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server ...
Read more : Can't access account settings | Views : 152 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Technical help

Subscription site testers

Hello, we are going to run a feature on the different subscription sites in Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine and we're looking for a couple of testers from the forum. Ideally we'd like someone who is fairly new to family history and someone who is a seasoned researcher.

It will involve testing out four subscription sites over four weeks (a great opportunity to great free access to lots of data!) and you will ...
Read more : Subscription site testers | Views : 266 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Magazine feedback

FTM 2012

I have FTM 2012 and would like to know if you can do a search on the Description field as a lot of my place names have ended up here?
Also are you able to split a tree, I did some research for an Uncle by marriage and added it to my tree I would like to split it but its 200-300 names so do not want to replicate data again1
Read more : FTM 2012 | Views : 182 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Technical help

Community guidelines posted

Hello everyone,

You may have seen that there is a new category at the top of the main board index entitled 'Welcome'. Here, you will find a step-by-step guide to creating a post and our brand new community guidelines.

Even if you're a seasoned user, can I please ask that you familiarise yourself with these rules. They're not only designed to make the forum a friendlier place, but to help you get the very most ...
Read more : Community guidelines posted | Views : 416 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Technical help

Sending private messages

I keep getting an error message saying my message is too spammy, to do with URLs whether or not I've put any in the message. What's happening?
Read more : Sending private messages | Views : 168 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Technical help

Forum Guidelines

I think I saw something recently about plans to display some guidelines about using the forum and how to post a query . There does seem to have been an increase in ne w members posting queries with virtually no information , no dates , places etc , and expecting us to do all the work of tracing the individuals before we can even begin to address their query. I for one would really welcome ...
Read more : Forum Guidelines | Views : 379 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Technical help

New Years Resolution New Years Resolution

Decided to set myself a new years resolution... more time researching my family history.
So to get a good start i've gone and bought a who do you think you are magazine subscription!!
Read more : New Years Resolution | Views : 366 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Magazine feedback

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 30164 • Total topics 6546 • Total members 23404