It is currently Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:27 am

News News of Feedback

Site map of Feedback » Forum : Feedback

Answering questions from wdytya magazine, help please

I am a newbie and would like to answer a question posted in WDYTYA April 2015 magazine.

The message was posted by Laura Simpson about a negative she has and under the title is this, bit.ly/1AnF3SB. I have tried to search her name, the word negative and the bit.ly in the search box but it keeps coming up with 0 results.

The magazine just says to join the conversation, go online and register which i ...
Read more : Answering questions from wdytya magazine, help please | Views : 278 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Magazine feedback

Issue 99 May 2015

Having just received my copy of WDYTYA magazine issue 99, I was dismayed to see a holiday brochure bound between pages 66 and 67. A similar thing happened some time ago and I had hoped it wouldn't happen again. It's bad enough when full page adverts are not directly related to family history, but I can live with that because these pages are part of the magazine. But a bound holiday brochure which is also ...
Read more : Issue 99 May 2015 | Views : 270 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Magazine feedback

Shortcut

I hace created a shortcut to the main forum page with the bog standard windows icon.
Is there a way of getting a WDYTYA icon ??
Read more : Shortcut | Views : 701 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Technical help

Spam

Matt,
There is spam from user lion hottest I spotted today, advertising hotel furniture

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
Read more : Spam | Views : 119 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Spam messages

Availability of back issues

I looked up a back issue on the web site and it said that it was available and could be bought via a telephone number.

I phoned up and got told there are no copies available. I double checked by phoning a while later.

It would help if the web site could be kept up to date.
Read more : Availability of back issues | Views : 433 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Magazine feedback

Feb 2015 Issue: Hunter/Walthamstow Brick Wall

I'm not sure this is the answer but it may give an idea of an avenue to follow.
The query asked about a Great Aunt known as "Ginnie Hunter born approx 1896 in Walthamstow". Thought to be the daughter of George William Hunter b1869 & Mary Elizabeth Petts b1868. Eleven children are given with DoB from 1889-1907.
The 1911 census shows the family at 47 Clarence Ave, Walthamstow. It states the couple have been married ...
Read more : Feb 2015 Issue: Hunter/Walthamstow Brick Wall | Views : 389 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Magazine feedback

Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.

Why do I get the following message when trying to attach a small-sized photograph: Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached?

Many thanks.
Read more : Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached. | Views : 591 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Technical help

help with URLs

Tried to post for research help and it won't let me post saying that it is too spammy because of the Urls.....how do I change this please
Read more : help with URLs | Views : 365 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Technical help

No Specials for NZ iTunes subscribers

Very disappointed over Christmas that iTunes refused to make back issues available at the 99p ($1.99NZ) price, even though they had the "special till 1 January" price on their store description.
I bought two back copies, and was considering some others, when I was horrified to have $17.98NZ instantly deducted from my bank instead of the $3.98NZI was expecting.
The magazine suppliers replied to my email saying they couldn't do anything as it was iTunes ...
Read more : No Specials for NZ iTunes subscribers | Views : 899 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Magazine feedback

Adding User Avatar

I have tried to add an avatar without any luck. If I click on "User Control Panel" then "edit avatar" I get an error Page Not Found!?!
I am an Imac/iPad user is this why?
Read more : Adding User Avatar | Views : 501 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Technical help

Login  •  Register

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Chadwi, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Majestic-12 [Bot], outletugg, sparrow, Yahoo [Bot]

Statistics

Total posts 38118 • Total topics 7810 • Total members 27498