It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:46 pm

News News of Ainsley Harriott

Site map of Ainsley Harriott » Forum : Ainsley Harriott

Discuss the show

Priscilla (ancester of Ainsley H)

I noted on the Ainsley Harriet programme that whilst his gt-gt Grandfather was a white man called James Harriet, his gt-gt Grandmother was a black woman named Priscilla (no surname given) and that his gt-grandfather was conceived sometime after the end of slavery. There was no explanation as to why this white man was still having "his wicked way" with a black woman or who she would have been? Presumably she was 'free' by then ...
Read more : Priscilla (ancester of Ainsley H) | Views : 3388 | Replies : 4

Ainsley Harriott - Repeat when ?

Does anyone know when this will be repeated ? I missed it last night and was just going to watch the repeat tonight but its not on.
Read more : Ainsley Harriott - Repeat when ? | Views : 2468 | Replies : 3

Ainsley Harriott

Another wonderful programme.

The research provided some moments of irony and pain. Ainsley's reaction to the revealation that the policeman may have inherited brothels from his mother was shocking in its honesty. His ancestors did what did in order to survive and Ainsley recognised that without flinching.

But how on earth do you come to terms with the knowledge that your ancestors owned slaves?

We can't change our ancestors, but my goodness - sometimes it's ...
Read more : Ainsley Harriott | Views : 3033 | Replies : 4

Aisley Harriott

Enjoyed this, but got a bit confused. Does anyone know where the 'Smith' surname came in - I kept waiting for someone to explain, but decided I'd missed a vital bit of information. No repeat tomorrow, from what I can see, so no chance to see it again, and sort it out!
Read more : Aisley Harriott | Views : 4108 | Replies : 7

Login  •  Register

Registered users: AntonyM, Google [Bot], Will Mundy

Statistics

Total posts 64775 • Total topics 12853 • Total members 6060